Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Peterborough friendly

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tonight...

Thoughts? Anybody going? Let's stuff 'em.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably the best pre season game.

I know games are meant for fitness, but surely your fitness improved more against teams your struggling to keep up with, or trying to be at the top of your game.

This is probably the closest match in terms of standard, and I can see a win for us one half and win for them the other half.

Cambswolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I was going to message the same thing - I am hoping to go and I think buy tickets on the gate?
Just hope to see a few different squad players have a game.

MolineuxMixer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
$$$$ for a minute I thought we were back in League One!

E

Essex Wolf

Still not sure whether I'm going to be able to make it or not.

Have a shed load of jobs to do this afternoon and although Peterborough isn't that far away might be tight for time.

N

Notposh

will be making the 1/4 mile hike from my front door to the ground for this one:D

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting that Iorfa and Reid are in the Peterborough squad...

W

WellyWolf

Me and two others getting last train back from euston.

Team which will play 50-60 minutes:

Ikeme
Ricketts
Stearman
Batth
Golbourne

Price
McDonald

Henry
Clarke (behind the striker)
Sako

Dicko

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doubt Clarke and Dicko will start in same team when we have such quality attacking midfielders.

W

WellyWolf

Doubt Clarke and Dicko will start in same team when we have such quality attacking midfielders.

Well.. I think KJ will go with that. I have a feeling it might be RVLP in for Henry. You can also tell when he will play Price because when he mentions the ground is good to play football on, he will Play Price 9 times out of 10 I think.

Last edited by a moderator:

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where are Weeks, Torras, Keita, Erdie and Ortega?
Have all the trialists we had been binned?

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I must admit to some surprise McCarey only makes the Bucks Head panel. reid seems to have recover very swiftly from his injury. One item I agree with the E&S on is that I was less than impressed with our new Dutch signing in the Irish tour (I did think he improved somewhat against Bohemians), it is too early at this stage to be critical of the lad but it will be interesting to watch his progress over the coming weeks.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I must admit to some surprise McCarey only makes the Bucks Head panel. reid seems to have recover very swiftly from his injury. One item I agree with the E&S on is that I was less than impressed with our new Dutch signing in the Irish tour (I did think he improved somewhat against Bohemians), it is too early at this stage to be critical of the lad but it will be interesting to watch his progress over the coming weeks.

Bradley Reid hasn't been injured Limerick. Are you confusing him with Rowe?
As for McCarey he will get the full 90 mins at Bucks Head and Ikeme will play the full game at Pboro, I would have thought.

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I imagine he's put some of the lads in the Telford game so that they get more game time, whilst giving other young u21 players a taste of being with the seniors for a game

kidderminster wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
i thought it would be free for season ticket holders

Unfortunately being that it's a Telford's home game then they dictate the prices. I don't like them as a club anyway as their ex-chairman and still a current board member, Lee Carter isn't a very nice man...

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like WIL I was less than impressed with RVLP in Ireland. It's early days and hopefully some if not all of his lack of control or giving away of possession, was down to rustiness! He did step up his performance in the second game. Hopefully his progress will continue as he gets more games under his belt.

JW, McAlinden is not ready and I do have concerns about him. He was played out of position against Bohs so I'm not counting that. It's just his total reliance on his left foot that often results in his sometimes slowing down a move while he gets the ball on to his favourite. This can also involve his turning away from the flow of the move which has the same effect!

He has talent but, like O'Hara, his left 'footedness' makes his movements more predictable and therefore easier to mark!

RandomLuke

Groupie
Reaction score
Im going! Only a short train ride for me, will be in the posh end though as im going with two posh fans.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Unfortunately being that it's a Telford's home game then they dictate the prices. I don't like them as a club anyway as their ex-chairman and still a current board member, Lee Carter isn't a very nice man...

shame that as the u21s at telford last season were free, I live over the road from there so it is always very convinient

vini69

Reaction score
Space for one from London

Schools out and I'm considering taking the drive up from nw4 London......anyone Up for it?

Pete

kidderminster wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
shame that as the u21s at telford last season were free, I live over the road from there so it is always very convinient

I think that when the U21's start playing their league matches at Telford earlier in the season they will be free as they become our 'home' matches. I don't expect this match to be free as we are the away team, and you wouldn't see us giving free entrance to away fans, but £10 is a rip-off in anyone's book for the standard of team on show in a pre-season friendly. Take the Crewe match on Saturday they are only charging £8 for a first team friendly.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
I think that when the U21's start playing their league matches at Telford earlier in the season they will be free as they become our 'home' matches. I don't expect this match to be free as we are the away team, and you wouldn't see us giving free entrance to away fans, but £10 is a rip-off in anyone's book for the standard of team on show in a pre-season friendly. Take the Crewe match on Saturday they are only charging £8 for a first team friendly.

yes tis a bit naughty.

E

Essex Wolf

Well only got home about 20 mins ago so will be trying to keep up to date via internet.

Anyone who is going have a great evening.

TheStalePolice

Reaction score
SQUADS

PETERBOROUGH: Ikeme, Flatt, Ricketts, Batth, Stearman, Golbourne, Doherty, Iorfa, McDonald, Price, Evans, Edwards, Jacobs, Van La Parra, Henry, Sako, Clarke, Dicko, Reid.

TELFORD: McCarey, Dutton, O’Hanlon, Ebanks-Landell, Hause, Foley, Ward, Margreitter, Forde, Bancessi, O’Hara, Doumbia, Boukari, Cassidy, Doyle, McAlinden.

Interesting!!

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who's Reid please? Bit of a shop window exercise at Telford then!
Edit:- Bradley Reid (striker) aged 18 and a bit.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
@OfficialWolves: WOLVES: Ikeme, Ricketts, Golbourne, Stearman, Batth, Dicko, Sako, McDonald, Clarke, Henry, Price

Switch Henry or Clarke for Jacobs; and Price for Rowe and that is our starting 11 this season IMO.

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tony Spearing is there apparently!

Back
Top Bottom