Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Pedro Neto

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he's out for a spell again and with the season coming to an end you do wonder if any club will be willing to splash out on Neto with his injury record?
It’s because he has explosive pace needs to slow speeding up so quickly which is his game so looks like he will always struggle bit like Adama did in a way

djmikeydickens

Reaction score
They need to analyse his running mechanics and body composition. This many hamstring injuries is symptomatic of an underlying issue.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His other hamstring going is a massive shame for him. Gutted and just typical of our luck with injuries at present. It seems to have totally run out.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They need to analyse his running mechanics and body composition. This many hamstring injuries is symptomatic of an underlying issue.

Once a hamstring goes it will always be a problem.

It is all about his workload management by the club and that seems to be the issue here!

He is being overplayed and not enough rest/prehab time for him

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m hoping we learn from this. Not just for Neto but all of our more explosive players.

But the thing is, the knowledge of how to manage the workload of explosive athletes in sport is covered on most undergraduate sport science and physiotherapy courses.

They know how to do it……

The question is why we aren’t doing it and losing players so frequently

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But the thing is, the knowledge of how to manage the workload of explosive athletes in sport is covered on most undergraduate sport science and physiotherapy courses.

They know how to do it……

The question is why we aren’t doing it and losing players so frequently
It’s difficult to drop/rest your best players especially in a team like ours. However we simply have to start doing it until our squad improves

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would rather we hadn't risked him today. Our season should be focused on the cup at this stage.

Our best chance of Europe and prize money is through the league.

The cup still has Liverpool and city.

While the cup is one off games where anything can happen, to win it isn’t amazingly likely.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s difficult to drop/rest your best players especially in a team like ours. However we simply have to start doing it until our squad improves

Yes, so the question is, what is the rehab/recovery and prehab work like between games?

Are we lightening his time on the training pitch?

There are multiple things we can do week to week between games too.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is a huge worry. Ait-Nouri, Gomes Cunha and Kilman would also command huge fees: this increases the chances of each of them being sold.
I've been giving all this some thought and my thinking now is that maybe we will keep him for next season -he's too much of an injury risk for clubs for the money we will want for him. It's clear from Hobbs we need a big sale this summer so one of RAN, Gomes or Cunha could now be that player to depart?

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our best chance of Europe and prize money is through the league.

The cup still has Liverpool and city.

While the cup is one off games where anything can happen, to win it isn’t amazingly likely.
Getting to the final effectively gets us into Europe. Although, 66% chance that it's Liverpool or City in that semi, assuming they win their quarters.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've been giving all this some thought and my thinking now is that maybe we will keep him for next season -he's too much of an injury risk for clubs for the money we will want for him. It's clear from Hobbs we need a big sale this summer so one of RAN, Gomes or Cunha could now be that player to depart?

Wouldn’t sell cunha or Gomes…..

They are two to protect and keep at all costs!

Gomes also only has an ever increasing fee the more prem time he gets so another season before even entertaining talks is a no brainer. But I never want him to leave lol

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
If I was a team looking at Neto. I would be massively put off by his injury record over the last 4 years. He has not stayed fit for a whole season has he?

For me I would keep him rather than sell as cannot see anyone paying much for a player that spends more time in the medical room than on the pitch.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Getting to the final effectively gets us into Europe. Although, 66% chance that it's Liverpool or City in that semi, assuming they win their quarters.

I thought if one of Liverpool or city ge there and win, the place goes to the league not the losing finalist.

I think it should go to the finalist! Not the league personally

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would rather we hadn't risked him today. Our season should be focused on the cup at this stage.
i disagree. we have almost zero chance of winning the cup. we might beat cov but thats probably it. we can finish 7th though. dont get me wrong i would LOVE us to win the cup but we have no real chance given which teams are left in and how thin the squad is

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn’t sell cunha or Gomes…..

They are two to protect and keep at all costs!

Gomes also only has an ever increasing fee the more prem time he gets so another season before even entertaining talks is a no brainer. But I never want him to leave lol
Hobbs said last week we need a big money sale in the summer, imv that would be Neto where all the interest is and where we could make the most cash. I doubt we'll be able to sell him until he is injury-free, that's why I mentioned other players who would command big sale fees. You may not like it but this is the reality we live in.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We looked better because his injury forced us to go to 5 at the back.

Looks like he’d lost a yard of pace since the last injury and hasn’t been at it for a few weeks.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought if one of Liverpool or city ge there and win, the place goes to the league not the losing finalist.

I think it should go to the finalist! Not the league personally
Looks like you are correct! I assumed wrongly, they changed it a decade ago, beats me!

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3 grades of hamstring injury. Lets hope its just a grade 1 muscle pull, in which he could be back after the international break.

WolvesinBrum

Groupie
Reaction score
Hobbs said last week we need a big money sale in the summer, imv that would be Neto where all the interest is and where we could make the most cash. I doubt we'll be able to sell him until he is injury-free, that's why I mentioned other players who would command big sale fees. You may not like it but this is the reality we live in.
Yes you're spot on. And injuries apart, he's the one who is ready and wanting an opportunity to go.

His injury today not good for the FA cup, maybe a good chunk of rest of Prem and the summer.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doesn’t sound great for either Bellegarde or Neto. Huge opportunity to come for our young attackers. Hopefully they can take it.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Need to rethink approoto his his physuprr
I’m hoping we learn from this. Not just for Neto but all of our more explosive players.
There's a larger question here of upgrading thinking. Re preparation. Too gung ho at the momu.
Applies to the board and fosun. You have to look after your players at all levels of planning.

Back
Top Bottom