Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Pedro Neto

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sadly it’s a fact of life we can’t hold on to top players but we must ensure we get top dollar for them. We had Neves a lot longer than I thought we would do maybe just maybe Neto will stick around for another season?

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sadly it’s a fact of life we can’t hold on to top players but we must ensure we get top dollar for them. We had Neves a lot longer than I thought we would do maybe just maybe Neto will stick around for another season?
Unfortunately it’s the perfect time to sell with his stock being so high.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Vital for us and him that he stays fit. Great player to watch.

djmikeydickens

Reaction score
Although we'd all love him to stay and keep building on the team, if we do get a massive bid we need to take it. Unfortunately with finances the way they are under Fosun and FFP it's the only way to bring numbers in

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
You just knew with him virtually straight away all those years ago. Only injuries have slowed it.

Special player who could play in any team in the world.

This is why as much as it hurt to lose Diogo, I felt it was a decent move all round as Neto had just broken into the team and we could all see how good he would be.

When teams like Liverpool, City and Arsenal want one of our players, there really isn’t much we can do except to get as much as we can and find the right replacement.

We may get one more season out of him but realistically, I reckon we’ll see him move for something like £60-70m in the Summer.

Last edited:

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
70m should be the minimum for me.

Reinvest, get a 9, give Gaz whatever else he wants, get into Europe, win something.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problem with the fee will be the FFP fear that's spread around the league now.

Arsenal seem his most likely suitors within the PL but even they are apparently struggling to keep their finances in check, especially after the fee on Rice, and are probably more likely to target Toney with most of their budget.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No way we should let him go for anything less than £100m. If that’s what Grealish and Rice went for then that’s the least we should hold out for.
It depends who to for me....would take 70/80m say to city with mcatee coming the other way say....got a good young replacement, plus money then....

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like Neves and Jota given their all for the club, would love him to stay but deserves the best ever opportunity to fulfil his potential.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fees will obviously come down now, but IMO the prices for the top top players (Neto) will be more resilient as they are few and far between and all the top clubs want/need them.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Caicedo is worth £115m (he's not of course), then Pedro is worth £200m. Attacking players usually have a premium on their fees. I jest, but daft owners like Todd Boehly or the new lot at Yernited might want to delve into their coffers and Neto's stock is very high at the mo.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Caicedo is worth £115m (he's not of course), then Pedro is worth £200m. Attacking players usually have a premium on their fees. I jest, but daft owners like Todd Boehly or the new lot at Yernited might want to delve into their coffers and Neto's stock is very high at the mo.
Manure are skint.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn't be suprised if he doesn't get the move this summer with the financial issues.

Can't see him going to City, Chelsea, Spurs

Liverpool will be up in the air with Klopp going at United/Arsenal aren't the best financially unless its abit like the nunes deal with a player coming in.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Manure are skint.
That's because they wasted £80m+ on Antony who isn't fit to lace Neto's boots. Do modern boots have laces :rolleyes: . They will surely have an injection of cash from Radcliffe and his mates, so I doubt they'll be looking in litter bins for fag ends. ;)

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's obviously top class, but he's tailor made for our counter attacking system,

I wonder how he'd fare at a team who have most of the possession

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's because they wasted £80m+ on Antony who isn't fit to lace Neto's boots. Do modern boots have laces :rolleyes: . They will surely have an injection of cash from Radcliffe and his mates, so I doubt they'll be looking in litter bins for fag ends. ;)
Last time they looked in a litter bin they found Antony

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No doubt when he does move on, there will still be a few that boo when he returns to Molineux, same as Jota, both players were destined for a champions league.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
For me, it was Neto's form that stoked our whole forward line into life in the Autumn. It directly impacted Hwang and got the whole attacking structure and confidence going in a way we haven't seen since Jota.

And therein lies the issue. Sell Neto and it could have the same impact losing Jota had. Everyone thought Jota was sellable because we had Neto, Raul, Adama, Podence but, admittedly with bad injury luck, it took us almost 4 years to recover the ability to frequently find the back of the net.

We simply have to keep him as long as possible, not let him go at the first offer, and we have to make it clear that he is not for sale.

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
For me, it was Neto's form that stoked our whole forward line into life in the Autumn. It directly impacted Hwang and got the whole attacking structure and confidence going in a way we haven't seen since Jota.

And therein lies the issue. Sell Neto and it could have the same impact losing Jota had. Everyone thought Jota was sellable because we had Neto, Raul, Adama, Podence but, admittedly with bad injury luck, it took us almost 4 years to recover the ability to frequently find the back of the net.

We simply have to keep him as long as possible, not let him go at the first offer, and we have to make it clear that he is not for sale.
But if he wants to go play champs league football you can’t really stop him.

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unfortunately it’s the perfect time to sell with his stock being so high.
Absolutely, as much as it would pain us all... another injury? big loss of form?

We can't repeat what we did with Adama. We should have cashed in on his purple spell - however fun it was to watch.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Not sure this is correct. Neto WAS ahead of Jota but the assault on Raul was the turning point. When Raul got done over we were 6th.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Antony cost Manure £80million, Mudryk cost Chelsea £70million and they’re rubbish. Not fit to lace Pedro’s boots!

We must keep players like Neto, Cunha, Gomes, RAN to show any ambition and get a couple of quality additions in the summer. What a team we could become.

We are becoming a great watch, scoring goals and I’m fed up of reading threads saying how much we will get for our top players!

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has to improve his attitude a bit
As the commentator on the game said today hes fantastic on the ball but does very little off it
His shoulder shrugs and arm waving irritate the hell out of me,and as great as he is he needs to cut that out
A lot of managers will not like his petulance,and if hes not working hard off the ball a lot wont like that either
I know its nit picking when we are playing well and hes scoring/assisting, but its not when we are up against it and hes strolling around,it must have an effect on others
I know with certain players their selfishness and idleness is far outweighed by their brilliance,and to a degree thats the case with Neto,but hes not there yet and we certainly arent
He probably will never change,and others will disagree with me,but i fear he may just put some top top teams off, in my opinion of course

Clifton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Antony cost Manure £80million, Mudryk cost Chelsea £70million and they’re rubbish. Not fit to lace Pedro’s boots!

We must keep players like Neto, Cunha, Gomes, RAN to show any ambition and get a couple of quality additions in the summer. What a team we could become.

We are becoming a great watch, scoring goals and I’m fed up of reading threads saying how much we will get for our top players!

You might be fed up about it but that is the reality for any club in our position. If we have players that can play at the top clubs and they want to pay the money, that’s where they go.

The same will happen to Villa, it’s happened to Tottenham, it’s happened even to Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool.

Clifton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has to improve his attitude a bit
As the commentator on the game said today hes fantastic on the ball but does very little off it
His shoulder shrugs and arm waving irritate the hell out of me,and as great as he is he needs to cut that out
A lot of managers will not like his petulance,and if hes not working hard off the ball a lot wont like that either
I know its nit picking when we are playing well and hes scoring/assisting, but its not when we are up against it and hes strolling around,it must have an effect on others
I know with certain players their selfishness and idleness is far outweighed by their brilliance,and to a degree thats the case with Neto,but hes not there yet and we certainly arent
He probably will never change,and others will disagree with me,but i fear he may just put some top top teams off, in my opinion of course

Absolute nonsense. He works hard and his energy has to be used in the final half. I cannot see how anyone can question his attitude, he works bloody hard.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That unfortunately may not be the Fosun blueprint
We sell to buy and come the Summer Neto (I feel) will be on his way which will suit both club and player.
Money for the club to fund new players, and potential CL involvement and higher earnings for Pedro.
Enjoy him while he's here like we did with Ruben before he left these shores.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liverpool will try and buy him for £35m, paid over a ten year period.

There's no money amongst the big boys. He'll either stay or go to PSG with one of theirs coming our way in part exchange.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love him, simply awesome. He's missed a lot of games last few years, which may be the only thing to slow him down a bit. If he stays fit, he'll be off in the summer unfortunately but we should be able to get a big sum for him. I'm sure Hobbs and co are already planning with regard to possible replacements, or at least, they should be!

Back
Top Bottom