Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Pedro Neto

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't see Liverpool wanting to splash a big part of their summer budget on a player before they've got their next manager sorted and know what sort of style/players they will need.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting that GON yesterday was spinning the party line that the club did not need to sell for financial reasons any of its players this summer (I'm sure aiming that comment at Pedro Neto's suitors). We've never been in this situation before where there appears to be a host of top clubs vying for his signature and add to that we don't need to sell - WIN, WIN big time for Wolves.

fleck1

Reaction score
Think some are over playing the FFP concerns of the big clubs, financially the clubs circling Pedro are in a different world to us and if they feel he's the player we think he is they will pay up. The best thing that can happen for us is he makes the end of the season fit and firing, then have a handful of clubs chasing his signature to push up the price.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think some are over playing the FFP concerns of the big clubs, financially the clubs circling Pedro are in a different world to us and if they feel he's the player we think he is they will pay up. The best thing that can happen for us is he makes the end of the season fit and firing, then have a handful of clubs chasing his signature to push up the price.
If he could be fit and firing and get into euros contention even better, especially with jota struggling he may jump him in the portugal pecking order

hard to get in ahead of felix, ronaldo, leao and silva though

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Selling Neto is only part of the equation. The other part is how well we spend the proceeds, subject to FFP, PSR and how much Fosun allows us to spend. At this moment in time, nothing seems clear.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Selling Neto is only part of the equation. The other part is how well we spend the proceeds, subject to FFP, PSR and how much Fosun allows us to spend. At this moment in time, nothing seems clear.
We have to wait and see . So many options and avenues.
Who would of thought we would sell so many players in the summer yet have better , more enjoyable football.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I'd love us to use the bulk of it to buy a proper PL centre forward like Solanke.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd love us to use the bulk of it to buy a proper PL centre forward like Solanke.
Not sure. Bring in an expensive CF and we'd have to impact our wage structure which could upset a few players. It's going to be a fine balancing act, for sure.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure. Bring in an expensive CF and we'd have to impact our wage structure which could upset a few players. It's going to be a fine balancing act, for sure.

Not sure about that. Solanke is apparently on £50k a week at Bournemouth. Our top earner is Sarabia on £90k a week.

So we could nearly double his wages without impacting our current wage structure.

Although if there are other interested parties, that could bump the demands up a bit.

But how many of those interested parties will have funds to spend and room on their wage bills?! That's a different question.

Timing might be perfect for us this summer.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree an established centre forward would demand big wages which as you say may cause problems....our target leagues for a forward needed to be Portugal, France etc......as out wages structure would still represent a big increase for potential signings ....

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They may want that doesn’t mean they’ll get it. As many have said it’s very difficult to predict what impact the apparent tightening of FFP will have on the market in the Summer.

Hopefully we can keep Neto for another year but whatever happens let’s just enjoy him for the rest of the season, together with Cunha, RAN etc. and not go into meltdown every time we have a setback
this is essentially it, plus how much he agitates as @brianm said earlier

Loojay

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Pedro for McAtee plus good wedge would be amazing business.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting that GON yesterday was spinning the party line that the club did not need to sell for financial reasons any of its players this summer (I'm sure aiming that comment at Pedro Neto's suitors). We've never been in this situation before where there appears to be a host of top clubs vying for his signature and add to that we don't need to sell - WIN, WIN big time for Wolves.
Well.......we lose Neto if sold :disrelieved:

Who could end up in Division One after a points deduction if he goes to City

So could end back at Wolves for a much reduced price if a suitable clause is inserted in the contract......

Now that is WIN, WIN big time :hearteyecat:

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People keep saying about McAtee, but surely that is a position we are pretty well sorted for?
Well if Neto goes it leave a gap. Our other players can play other positions. What I was told Rowe from Norwich is our no1 target to replace Neto but we won’t go too silly for him. Watch this space

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well if Neto goes it leave a gap. Our other players can play other positions. What I was told Rowe from Norwich is our no1 target to replace Neto but we won’t go too silly for him. Watch this space
Isn’t McAtee a midfielder though?
Doesn’t fill a Neto gap…

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

We've had eyes on Rowe for a long time, but I don't believe that's as a Neto successor. Guedes was actually the initial "Neto replacement", but we all know how that worked out...

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Isn't Chiquinho a speedy winger? Isn't Noah Lemina speedy too? Not sure any player could replace Neto right now (Saka?) but we seem to do best when we have at least one speed merchant, Jota, Traore and now Neto and before them Bakary Sako and Cav and Costa.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Isn't Chiquinho a speedy winger? Isn't Noah Lemina speedy too? Not sure any player could replace Neto right now (Saka?) but we seem to do best when we have at least one speed merchant, Jota, Traore and now Neto and before them Bakary Sako and Cav and Costa.
I am only passing on what was said previously. Clubs including Wolves are circling for 3 players

Jack Clarke Sunderland 20m
Jonathan Rowe Norwich 25m
Ronnie Edwards Peterborough 15m

All English and overpriced. If they turn to be half decent you’ve doubled your money instantly. Which is a better gamble than the likes of Guedes and Fabio of recent years

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am only passing on what was said previously. Clubs including Wolves are circling for 3 players

Jack Clarke Sunderland 20m
Jonathan Rowe Norwich 25m
Ronnie Edwards Peterborough 15m

All English and overpriced. If they turn to be half decent you’ve doubled your money instantly. Which is a better gamble than the likes of Guedes and Fabio of recent years
I'm all for British players. Being up near Hull I banged on for ages about Jerrod Bowen and more recently Keane Lewis-Potter who went to Bees. I think GON could have done wonders with him.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm all for British players. Being up near Hull I banged on for ages about Jerrod Bowen and more recently Keane Lewis-Potter who went to Bees. I think GON could have done wonders with him.
Absolutely it’s about getting there first. Can’t believe nobody else really went for Bowen or Bellingham sooner! If you look good in the championship you can step up. The gap isn’t that big anymore. Jota, Neves, Watkins, Konsa, Tommy Doyle, Alex Scott, MGW, McNeil, Wharton…..

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If you select a very small sample size of stand out players, yes they can step up. Half of them are prem players in the championship for game time anyway. Mcneil never even played in the champ

It doesn't mean that any decent championship player is going to work out.

Dingle Chris

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sadly I think he’ll go. But he wont go for cheap. I think the rumours of City being interested are unlikely but with FFP now being a weapon. Why not make your rivals pay over the odds to hamper them at a later date. I think teams will almost bid it up to make sure there are no bargains.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gary O‘Neil has said that Wolves don’t have to sell, so if Neto goes then it must be for a very large fee.

Teddy Ruxpin

Groupie
Reaction score
Its hard to see a world where we keep Neto. He owes us nothing and is an exceptional talent, were it not for injuries I suspect he would have left a few seasons back.

Whilst part of me wishes we could keep him, another more sensible part wishes him all the best and is still in awe that we have players like him gracing our team, albeit only fleetingly.

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He may already be on the way to City. We did get Doyler awfully cheap. Maybe that was part of the deal yet to be done to help us out?

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
He may already be on the way to City. We did get Doyler awfully cheap. Maybe that was part of the deal yet to be done to help us out?
I couldn’t imagine that any deal like that would happen with his injury history
Doyle was part of the nunes deal.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gary O‘Neil has said that Wolves don’t have to sell, so if Neto goes then it must be for a very large fee.
I just hope he doesn't do a nunes if he's determined to go. He's obviously a great character but there are signs he can get a bit grumpy.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just hope he doesn't do a nunes if he's determined to go. He's obviously a great character but there are signs he can get a bit grumpy.
We want him to go, believe me. I’d go as far as to say we are counting on it.

£80 million FFP profit, the highest cashflow/ working capital we have ever had plus coming having a £40million loss drop off our 3 year rolling average leaves us absolutely peachy and gives us the capability to substantially invest in the squad and still be laughing all the way to the bank.

Mancwolf56

Groupie
Reaction score
Absolutely it’s about getting there first. Can’t believe nobody else really went for Bowen or Bellingham sooner! If you look good in the championship you can step up. The gap isn’t that big anymore. Jota, Neves, Watkins, Konsa, Tommy Doyle, Alex Scott, MGW, McNeil, Wharton…..

Mancwolf56

Groupie
Reaction score
Jota, Neves, MGW and McNeil were all Premier League players

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Grealish went for £100m, and although Villa pulled City’s y-fronts down with that deal we have to be looking at least £70m for Pedro. This season he has been as good as any wide player in the league and at times completely unplayable. In this instance the hype from Wolves fans is 100% justified.

Back
Top Bottom