Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Pedro Neto

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t see anyone paying £80m for him with the injury issues he’s had. Happy for us to keep him, I just hope this doesn’t end like Nunes did, given the constant murmurings of Mendes shopping him around…

If we could add one or two more quality attacking options in the summer when our FFP situation is much looser (we can at least equal the £46m losses in 21/22), we’ll be in a great spot. I’d love Jon Rowe competing for a spot in our front three.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
80m will do nicely. Firmly believe City will get him hunch on that front

Clubs will want to include players to bring down the price fine Trossard and 60m seems fair!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t think people will pay 80m but we’ll see
Chelsea lol always!

Salah goes for 200m the money is there

United have fresh money.

Arsenal have cash this summer

Spurs won’t pay over 50m wouldn’t want any cast offs

If clubs want him the price has been set

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£80m probably prices him out of a move this summer with the way FFP is hitting clubs unless he has a great summer tournament.

Jota’s injury has certainly improved Neto’s chances but it’s still a competitive field.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're vastly overplaying the FFP issues on here of these clubs.

We will not be selling Neto to any old club. He will be going to one of the best clubs in the world. Ornstein commented below his long answer that Spurs are effectively not in the running for him, which shows what level we're talking.

These elite clubs have the money to make the big signings, and Neto will be a star signing for whoever gets him, not just some squad player. He's one of the most in-demand players around.

Where Brennan Johnson costs £50m, Mudryk costs £85m or whatever it is (I could go on and on with examples), £80m for Pedro Neto is absolutely fair. It would be a good deal for all parties but crucially it's a correct and fair valuation for one of the most exciting young players on the planet.

Last edited:

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In a world where Brennan Johnson costs £50m, Mudryk costs £85m or whatever it is (I could go on and on with examples), £80m for Pedro Neto is absolutely fair. It would be a good deal for all parties but crucially it's a correct and fair valuation for one of the most exciting young players on the planet.
Does this world exist anymore, though?

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I don’t see anyone paying £80m for him with the injury issues he’s had. Happy for us to keep him, I just hope this doesn’t end like Nunes did, given the constant murmurings of Mendes shopping him around…

If we could add one or two more quality attacking options in the summer when our FFP situation is much looser (we can at least equal the £46m losses in 21/22), we’ll be in a great spot. I’d love Jon Rowe competing for a spot in our front three.
Just on this, I might (of course) be wrong on this, but I'd say the chances of us losing £46m or anything close are very small. There are two reasons for this. First I think the rules will change to a UEFA style spending/turnover model, so no losses will be allowed. Second I don't think Fosun want to be running £35m a year average losses going forwards anyway (so new rules would probably help).

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Different playing styles but I think he could go on to be better than Jota.

Absolutely no issue with him leaving, he’s been been nothing short of brilliant for us. Will watch on like a proud father wherever he ends up.

StraightToPopworld

Reaction score
Can see him going to PSG for a lower than expected fee - think of it as payback to Mendes for those over inflated Nunes/Neves fees last summer.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
City is the level above, I'd prefer PSG but that is the level he will go to.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Iv said City all along….

They will give us McAtee or someone else as part of the deal.

Happy days really great move for Pedro and the club
they can pay us 60m plus and give us mcatee if they want him

but why buy neto and savio?

Ill take savio

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
they can pay us 60m plus and give us mcatee if they want him

but why buy neto and savio?

Ill take savio
Probably. Savio is long term more so. Neto is a now player…..

Can see them getting rid of 1/2 in the summer city that is. Maybe Phillips, Ake & Grealish could go

City offer cash upfront like the Nunes deal which is amazing for us and FFP / sustainability rules

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mcatee on loan with view to buy and Savio on loan for the season ? Or is that pure make belief

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think Neto would be a player that would take to well to spending a lot of time on the bench. Even to the degree that Jota has done at Liverpool. I think he’d need to have some caution about going to city, arsenal would feel a better fit I think.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They didn’t we got more for nunes by accepting instalments
Worked out more money for us I recall Hobbs saying?

Either way rather deal with City compared to 5p a week livarpool

Thanks for the memories Pedro

Back
Top Bottom