Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Pedro Neto

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I will be extremely surprised if Neto stays for another year.

Arsenal, Spurs, and City supposedly interested - possibly PSG in Europe who could afford him.

If I was a betting man, which I am not, I would say Arsenal or City are most likely and it wont be for as much as many hope - £60m will be this seasons £80m. Too many clubs need to watch the pennies, and there is still a chance City could be relegated for their dodgy finances over the years. Spurs wont pay up the money, so Arsenal are not likely to have any serious competition.

£60m and he is gone.
Spurs have room. Don't think Arsenal do. City always an option.

A lot of clubs who need to offload talent for big money, but who is buying?!

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he stays injury free and keeps his form he will be a 60m player no doubt
Whether we get that kind of money for him is another matter entirely
Clubs have cut back massively this window and i can see a similar window this summer
Unless ofc one of the big guns from abroad come in, but even they are finding it hard now

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mendes has been far better more recently for us with selling players(Nunes,Neves) than he has buying.

We need some of his magic again with Neto.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Palace want 80 million for olise and villa want 50 million for Jacob Ramsey. Neto has to be north of 65 million.

Exactly, Chelsea want 50m for Broja and he’s absolutely ineffectual since returning from injury.

Yes the January market was off the boil, but the summer allows for chains and help from Saudi buying to grease the wheels.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mendes cares about money trust me bro when a bidding war could happen for Neto we may get some serious cash
Nail on head. If 2 or 3 sides really want Neto in the summer that's when we sit back and watch the price increase daily. It's like when you sell your house, if 2 buyers come along - jackpot!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nail on head. If 2 or 3 sides really want Neto in the summer that's when we sit back and watch the price increase daily. It's like when you sell your house, if 2 buyers come along - jackpot!
City can out bid the likes of Spurs, Liverpool and Chelsea

Chelsea get involved oh boy he’s going for over 100m

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a chance he leaves for only 30m. He’s contracted for another 3 years, he’s young, and he has one of the highest assists in the league despite missing over a month from injuries.
Then he wont leave. The market is stuffed. As evidenced by january. There is little wriggle room. As teams crystallise losses their spending power reduces. This correction is going to be big. We will look back on neves/nunes as a high water mark. Neto was worth a lot but he is only worth what someone can and will pay. That has changed

Mancwolf56

Groupie
Reaction score
Well if Palace want £80m for Olise then that should be our minimum. Neto is a much better player
They may want that doesn’t mean they’ll get it. As many have said it’s very difficult to predict what impact the apparent tightening of FFP will have on the market in the Summer.

Hopefully we can keep Neto for another year but whatever happens let’s just enjoy him for the rest of the season, together with Cunha, RAN etc. and not go into meltdown every time we have a setback

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think 50-60 is realistic assuming he stays fit tol the end of the season. Another injury by then and take another 10m or so off of that.

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Then he wont leave. The market is stuffed. As evidenced by january. There is little wriggle room. As teams crystallise losses their spending power reduces. This correction is going to be big. We will look back on neves/nunes as a high water mark. Neto was worth a lot but he is only worth what someone can and will pay. That has changed
Is it still feasible that the Saudi market can precipitate the domino effect on transfers. e.g. Salah to Saudi etc.?

Also player swaps could be a route in some cases. Not that I’d want this but say Neto in exchange for Conor Bradley, Tsimikas, Gakpo or other fringe top 4 players.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it still feasible that the Saudi market can precipitate the domino effect on transfers. e.g. Salah to Saudi etc.?

Also player swaps could be a route in some cases. Not that I’d want this but say Neto in exchange for Conor Bradley, Tsimikas, Gakpo or other fringe top 4 players.
I’m not sure about the Saudi market, maybe the summer will be different, but the highest profile move in January was Henderson out.

The compensation isn’t enough compensation to live and play there.

DJLWolf

Reaction score
Absolute nonsense. He works hard and his energy has to be used in the final half. I cannot see how anyone can question his attitude, he works bloody hard.

I think the point is that the biggest and most successful teams have players that put in SO much work when they're out of possession.You look at the likes of City, Liverpool and Arsenal and their players are demented when they're pressing and hunting the ball down.

That is one of the areas that Neto can improve his game and you can bet that if/when he joins one of the big boys that will be demanded of him.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t see Arsenal spending the 80-100m we should demand for Neto. After all, he is back up to martinelli there (at least to start with).

Arsenal will surely spend big on a striker.

Man U - possibly if rashford goes? But can’t see new owners making a huge signing.

Chelsea - no

Spurs - if they get top 4? Possibly. But unlikely to pay up

PSG possibly?

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he is a done deal to Citeh, but in all honestly, if he stays in England its going to be Citeh or Liverpool if they sell Salah.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he is a done deal to Citeh, but in all honestly, if he stays in England its going to be Citeh or Liverpool if they sell Salah.
I think your right if Liverpool sell Salah Neto would be the ideal replacement
City possibly but maybe his work ethic off the ball wouldnt suit Pep imo
Abroad would be ideal but again who has the cash to make the deal,he wont go to Saudi for sure

TF2Wolf

Reaction score

I would hope we could get a deal with one or two younger city players included. As I think has been mentioned before maybe Issa Kabore currently on loan to Luton and James McAtee at Sheff Utd could be worth looking at.

Hopefully the City youngsters will see the opportunities Doyle has made for himself and see a move to Wolves as a good career step?

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can see the whole market being significantly deflated this summer. Whether that applies beyond England I don't know. Teams who need to bring in a lot of money could be in quite a bit of trouble. I'm more and more grateful that we got our house in order last summer before it all collapses.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally, should Neto be sold in the summer, I suspect his fee would be in the £60-70m range. It is simply a question of whoever has the funds.

This is the big issue at the moment.

Obviously we know about the rules coming in that wages and transfer spend can't be more than 90% of turnover this season, 80% next, then 70%.

We've seen the reluctance to spend in this window just gone that clubs are clearly struggling to get there and don't want to commit big fees or wages.

So what's it going to be like when it drops to 80%? Or 70%?

We might have a very small window of opportunity to get anywhere near previous market high levels.

Or we might have to sell him to a PSG, or someone else that the rules don't apply to!

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally, should Neto be sold in the summer, I suspect his fee would be in the £60-70m range. It is simply a question of whoever has the funds.

Or the desire to buy him.

Not saying he wont do it but he really needs a run of injury free games and to also add consistent goal scoring before the seriously big names he aspires to play for come calling.

DJLWolf

Reaction score

Not saying he wont do it but he really needs a run of injury free games and to also add consistent goal scoring before the seriously big names he aspires to play for come calling.
This is the hope.

The fact that everyone is now struggling with FFP and it's requirements clearly means big clubs are going to have priority lists that they must work to in terms of recruitment.At the very least there will be an element of caution that we haven't seen before from some of the big clubs.

Hopefully they look at Neto and think 'lets see him keep fit and playing at this level for back to back seasons before we get the wallet out'.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Disagree. His assists are one of highest in league and we don’t have as many goal scoring chances as the big clubs .

When was the last time he had a one on one?

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is the big issue at the moment.

Obviously we know about the rules coming in that wages and transfer spend can't be more than 90% of turnover this season, 80% next, then 70%.

We've seen the reluctance to spend in this window just gone that clubs are clearly struggling to get there and don't want to commit big fees or wages.

So what's it going to be like when it drops to 80%? Or 70%?

We might have a very small window of opportunity to get anywhere near previous market high levels.

Or we might have to sell him to a PSG, or someone else that the rules don't apply to!
PSG seems a decent bet, since Mbappe is supposed to be leaving in the summer.
That’s over €1m a WEEK off their wage bill.
Financially, they’re in comparatively rude health, despite spending huge sums on Ramos and Kolo Muani as they’ve shifted most of their massive earners, and are making a killing on their Jordan hipster clothing lines.

DJLWolf

Reaction score
PSG seems a decent bet, since Mbappe is supposed to be leaving in the summer.
That’s over €1m a WEEK off their wage bill.
Financially, they’re in comparatively rude health, despite spending huge sums on Ramos and Kolo Muani as they’ve shifted most of their massive earners, and are making a killing on their Jordan hipster clothing lines.

He would be mad to go to PSG.I would be surprised too because Neto strikes me as a really driven lad who wants to prove himself at the very highest level.PSG wouldn't enable him to do that.

I guess the 250k a week would soften the blow somewhat though!

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
rashford/neto will be on PSG wavelength

And then it will be between arsenal/liverpool

alot more chance of a bidding war than say for neves, because pedro is an attacking player

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well if Palace want £80m for Olise then that should be our minimum. Neto is a much better player

Not sure there's that much in it. Olise is a better finisher and scores more. Neto creates more. Depends which a manager would need most. Very similar valuations, I would think. Neto's injury record may cause some doubts, though hasn't Olise also had problems with injuries? I don't recall Olise having anything like the long spells out that Neto has had.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anything less than £70m is a bad deal for us IMO.

The market generally might dip, but we will be selling him to one of the elite. They still have the money, and there will be competition to sign him which still drives up the price.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disagree. His assists are one of highest in league and we don’t have as many goal scoring chances as the big clubs .

When was the last time he had a one on one?

I am not saying he isn't worth it.
What I am saying is that now that even the big clubs have to be careful of FFP they are going to be particularly careful when it comes to splashing the big cash. At the moment Neto's injury record and his lack of goals will go against him. It wouldn't surprise me to see some chance their arm with lowball offers in the summer.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

GG84Oj_WwAALUO7

TelfordWolf

Reaction score
I’ll be absolutely shocked if he’s still with us after the summer window.

Back
Top Bottom