Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Pedro Neto

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has to improve his attitude a bit
As the commentator on the game said today hes fantastic on the ball but does very little off it
His shoulder shrugs and arm waving irritate the hell out of me,and as great as he is he needs to cut that out
A lot of managers will not like his petulance,and if hes not working hard off the ball a lot wont like that either
I know its nit picking when we are playing well and hes scoring/assisting, but its not when we are up against it and hes strolling around,it must have an effect on others
I know with certain players their selfishness and idleness is far outweighed by their brilliance,and to a degree thats the case with Neto,but hes not there yet and we certainly arent
He probably will never change,and others will disagree with me,but i fear he may just put some top top teams off, in my opinion of course
Off the ball is one area he will have to improve if he wants to play for a top side, as coaches like Arteta and Pep etc won't put up with anything less. But the potential is so obviously there.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pedro is back to his brilliant best. Most people think he will move on this summer.
If we were to qualify for Europe at the end of the season I wonder if he could be persuaded to stay.
He'll want and get a CL team next season, just as Jota did. Let's enjoy him for the next 4 months then watch his journey.

Oldvic161

Groupie
Reaction score
Don’t forget the Saudi league! No guarantee an English team would buy him, reality is we need to sell and reinvest to remain competitive and in financial constraints, nobody likes that or wants our best players to go but that’s the reality at least for now. There will be young Netos, neves, cunhas, out there and as long as we find them we will have new heroes.

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If Caicedo is worth £115m (he's not of course), then Pedro is worth £200m. Attacking players usually have a premium on their fees. I jest, but daft owners like Todd Boehly or the new lot at Yernited might want to delve into their coffers and Neto's stock is very high at the mo.
Caicedo is lucky If he's worth 1.15m after today. Laughed my socks off for our second goal when Gomes robbed him near the half way line then let him wonder to the edge of their area with no effort whatsoever to stop him. Thought he would at least foul him, didn't even have the guile to do that. Looked like he was playing in a pair of wellies lol.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t forget the Saudi league! No guarantee an English team would buy him, reality is we need to sell and reinvest to remain competitive and in financial constraints, nobody likes that or wants our best players to go but that’s the reality at least for now. There will be young Netos, neves, cunhas, out there and as long as we find them we will have new heroes.
He’s far too ambitious to go to SaudI

Golden Wanderer

Groupie
Reaction score
FFP means, for me, that he won't go to a Premier League club this summer. None have the flexibility without a bit sale ( maybe Spurs). So if he goes I think it will be abroad.

Golden Wanderer

Groupie
Reaction score
I don't think the Saudi teams will spend loads of money as they know most English clubs need to sell to buy

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sadly it’s a fact of life we can’t hold on to top players but we must ensure we get top dollar for them. We had Neves a lot longer than I thought we would do maybe just maybe Neto will stick around for another season?
I am hoping he will break a toe nail last game of the season and not pass any medicals thus giving him a chance to rip European defences apart, for us, next season.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t get this I don’t wanna see him at another prem team. He will go to whoever pays the most. Players come and players go that’s life

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As great a player as Neto is, we’ve proved we can win without him and if he wants to leave and a suitable offer comes in, we sell and use the money wisely to strengthen the team. Brighton have done this exceptionally well in recent years and I personally think we’ve done much better recently in the transfer market, with the likes of Lemina and Gomes proving to be fantastic value for money.

Finch3d

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think we'll miss him more than jota when the time comes. I'm going to enjoy it while we have him here. I just hope management can find a replacement...

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Antony cost Manure £80million, Mudryk cost Chelsea £70million and they’re rubbish. Not fit to lace Pedro’s boots!

We must keep players like Neto, Cunha, Gomes, RAN to show any ambition and get a couple of quality additions in the summer. What a team we could become.

We are becoming a great watch, scoring goals and I’m fed up of reading threads saying how much we will get for our top players!
Absolutely!

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Caicedo is lucky If he's worth 1.15m after today. Laughed my socks off for our second goal when Gomes robbed him near the half way line then let him wonder to the edge of their area with no effort whatsoever to stop him. Thought he would at least foul him, didn't even have the guile to do that. Looked like he was playing in a pair of wellies lol.
That's not the Caicedo we saw at Brighton. Something ain't quite right with player club or both right now.

LINT70

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think we have a good chance of keeping him for at least another year - he’s got 3 years left on his contract and seems very happy and I can’t see him downing tools, his injury record will probably put off clubs putting in huge bids to tempt us this summer and hopefully we’ll be under no pressure to sell

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reckon Arsenal would spend big on him. They've got players to sell to generate funds and reckon they'll see him as the missing piece.

Hope we keep him though, still don't feel we've seen enough of him due to his injury woes. Love him.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reckon Arsenal would spend big on him. They've got players to sell to generate funds and reckon they'll see him as the missing piece.

Hope we keep him though, still don't feel we've seen enough of him due to his injury woes. Love him.
Yeah Arsenal give us Nelsson and Trossard plus 50m I’d say fair deal.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
100 million pound player.
we will struggle to get 50 million imo every club is suffering with ffp everyone will be watching their spends, but on the plus side there will be bargains to be had as clubs cut wage bills sell players in a market awash with cast offs.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's not the Caicedo we saw at Brighton. Something ain't quite right with player club or both right now.

It makes McAllister's influence on him stand out, as it does for Enzo Fernandez who looked a far better player for Argentina playing alongside Mac Allister doing all the work for him to let him play.
You wouldn't pay 20 million for either of them on current form....BBC has them both just over 3/10 for today.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
FFP means, for me, that he won't go to a Premier League club this summer. None have the flexibility without a bit sale ( maybe Spurs). So if he goes I think it will be abroad.
Liverpool are likely to lose Salah to Saudi, which would leave them £100m+ burning a hole in their pockets and a hole on the right side of their attack

I'd hate to see him go there but if he does, we have to get a proper deal for him and not the Freeman's catalogue deal we agreed for Jota

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He saw the wage on offer and got greedy. Not just him but his agents, some Brighton fans I saw seem to think he is getting very bad advice.

He would of been really good in this Liverpool team I'm sure, he would have Mac Allister like Brighton and think Klopp would have done well with him

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can see him staying.

Not because he says no to a transfer or Jeff wouldn’t sell him but with PSR/FFP I can see caution in the market (sadly Chelsea are out) and so we set price at £80m (say) and no-one pays it.

If he goes, good luck to him. How we invest money is key.

Henry Hill

Reaction score

I agree. I actually think if Arsenal don't come in then he'll be staying with us. With 3 years on his contract wolves will want big money and I don't see other clubs spending big money given FFP

koplex

Groupie
Reaction score
Firstly, we will have a gentlemens' agreement with him that he can leave for the right club... it will also be one of the reasons why he signed a long-term contract.

Secondly, our self-sufficiency model dictates we sell 1-2 players at their optimal price very year, especially with PSR now having some teeth. Neto is prone to long-term injuries, so we will sell him this summer assuming he stays fit as its the best price we will get for him. We simply wont risk a Raul/Jonny scenario, or worse, Traore situation.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No way we should let him go for anything less than £100m. If that’s what Grealish and Rice went for then that’s the least we should hold out for.
The English premium kicked in...

Sadly had Pedro not had the injuries he'd have likely already be gone. It was only an injury that stopped a move to Arsenal.....

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will be extremely surprised if Neto stays for another year.

Arsenal, Spurs, and City supposedly interested - possibly PSG in Europe who could afford him.

If I was a betting man, which I am not, I would say Arsenal or City are most likely and it wont be for as much as many hope - £60m will be this seasons £80m. Too many clubs need to watch the pennies, and there is still a chance City could be relegated for their dodgy finances over the years. Spurs wont pay up the money, so Arsenal are not likely to have any serious competition.

£60m and he is gone.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is why as much as it hurt to lose Diogo, I felt it was a decent move all round as Neto had just broken into the team and we could all see how good he would be.

When teams like Liverpool, City and Arsenal want one of our players, there really isn’t much we can do except to get as much as we can and find the right replacement.

We may get one more season out of him but realistically, I reckon we’ll see him move for something like £60-70m in the Summer.
Im not so sure. Prices will drop a lot because not many clubs can spend. We may only get offers much lower

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will be extremely surprised if Neto stays for another year.

Arsenal, Spurs, and City supposedly interested - possibly PSG in Europe who could afford him.

If I was a betting man, which I am not, I would say Arsenal or City are most likely and it wont be for as much as many hope - £60m will be this seasons £80m. Too many clubs need to watch the pennies, and there is still a chance City could be relegated for their dodgy finances over the years. Spurs wont pay up the money, so Arsenal are not likely to have any serious competition.

£60m and he is gone.
I reckon more like 30

Back
Top Bottom