Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Pedro Neto

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully Bellegarde will be fit for next week, although watching blades play today made me feel like I could play against them and have an impact!

Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery. Assist leader at this stage is an impressive return.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really hoping that Neto is overly sensitive to feeling any twinges after his history and it turns not to be too dramatic... also well aware that with Wolves luck he'll be out for the season.

I doubt there can be any club out there that's missed their best talents for so long during the last 30 years or so - from Thomas and Froggatt to Lescott and Murray to Jimenez via Sasa to Neto.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ah, 6 weeks, give or take. Hopefully take because 8 gets through the holiday sched. Couldn’t miss more league matches in 8 weeks than that.

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I guess that was a snapped hamstring? What usually comes of those?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really hoping that Neto is overly sensitive to feeling any twinges after his history and it turns not to be too dramatic... also well aware that with Wolves luck he'll be out for the season.

I doubt there can be any club out there that's missed their best talents for so long during the last 30 years or so - from Thomas and Froggatt to Lescott and Murray to Jimenez via Sasa to Neto.
Hope so. We have rather too many seriously important players who seem bloody fragile. This could be Pedro's third major injury in four years. Add Sasa and Hwang too.....

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In an ideal world, he will be back start of December. We only play three games in November because of another international break. We have a great run of games in December after Arsenal away. Let's keep fingers firmly crossed.

yep with 2 winnable games in those 3 aswell

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fingers crossed this is not a major injury.

As we were on TV had so many non-Wolves fans message me pre-injury saying how class he looked.

Get well soon Pedro!

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I lost 12 weeks to a torn hamstring once……

Known one lad have his season ended at Xmas period with one as he tore his clean off the bone
As I said. It varies. Minor strain 4 weeks. Could be more

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Get well soon Pedro - the team will greatly suffer without the huge benefit of your fantastic assists.
I hope and pray for a minor hamstring injury rather than severe.
UTW! :):)

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully more like 6 weeks at most than 6 months. Can really vary with hamstrings so I guess we must wait and see. All the best to him, has looked fantastic this year and it would be a huge shame if he has another season effectively derailed due to injury.

GON's remarks are positive so let's hope it's short term.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It is so gutting- we can genuinely take in the world with Pedro in the team because he is so fast, unpredictable and direct. There was a "not again" murmur around Molineux for 10 minutes after he went off. Get well soon Pedro!

Despite that, I actually think bringing Sasa back now is perfect timing. Cunha, Sasa and Hwang as a front three has a bit of everything. Injuries historically have also given other players chances and, as well as them, in Bellegarde, Fabio, Sarabia, Enso and Fraser we do have plenty of players who aren't currently getting a sniff but could now have opportunities if they get their heads down and work hard.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was holding his groin for some of the first half too. Very clear to see for me. Think he twinged it after his very first lighting run.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know it's hard for any manager but maybe going forward he needs to be rested every now and again. I know top four clubs can do it due to their squad but the way he plays we just have to manage his minutes.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know it's hard for any manager but maybe going forward he needs to be rested every now and again. I know top four clubs can do it due to their squad but the way he plays we just have to manage his minutes.
You may be right but this place pre match is bad enough without GON dropping Neto!

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You need to let the physios know... Bathams is the answer.

Hopefully, Neto walking around means it's not as bad as he thought.
heres hoping as if it was as bad as first thought he wouldnt be walking around on it. The first thing he should be doing is resting it followed by ice,compression and elevation, so fingers crossed for pedro.

Polish Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The only thing that can stop Pedro Neto from becoming an elite player from the Ballon d'Or shortlist are injuries.

Fingers crossed that it is never the case.

He's such a lovely lad with a top attitude as well. Even if it is his last season with us, I'm sure we'll all follow his career and cheer for him.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
The one I was instantly reminded of last night was when Matt Jarvis did his. Looked it up and it was 30th September and he next played 6th December. Obviously that proves nothing at all, but I'll be surprised to see him again this calendar year.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a player he is. This season it’s been a joy to watch him play.. and the slightly vindictive side of me, has enjoyed watching him prove some big doubters that he had on here leading up to this season, foolishly wrong.

Get him fit, then give him a few games to get back into his stride.. even if it’s only 4 weeks injured, it will probably take a few games after before we see him at the level he has been playing at.

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
heres hoping as if it was as bad as first thought he wouldnt be walking around on it. The first thing he should be doing is resting it followed by ice,compression and elevation, so fingers crossed for pedro.

RICE is not necessarily seen as the correct method now, quite often a small amount of exercise is encouraged to help promote muscle recovery and repair. Walking around on an injured hamstring will be encouraged, so long as there is not much pain.

BrierleyHillWolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You need to let the physios know... Bathams is the answer.

Hopefully, Neto walking around means it's not as bad as he thought.
I find bathams the answer to a lot of problems, if it be physical or mentally.

It's the answer to all my problems, in fact I'm feeling a bit rough from yesterday and the lad has no football today so I will frequent there for a lunch time tipple .

However this won't go down with the wife after I told her I would be doing jobs round the house today and not going to the pub

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just read on bbc that arsenal are cooling there interest in buying neto in January, because he's injured. So obvs we have to get him fit then give him to arsenal, because thats the way the world works. Ive seen he's contracted until 2027, so if they want him in January they better stump up £150m in my opinion. If they want him in the summer, I'd say £100m minimum, which is surely the going rate for an established top quality young attacking threat in the Premier league. If Rice is worth £100m, neto is worth at least that. Meanwhile behind the scenes we better be scouting the hell out of who we could replace him. Somewhere along the lines of a £30m unpolished young gem with the right attitude. Obviously I would never want neto to go, but its a reality we will face. Hopefully his injury isn't too bad and he could give us one amazing season before we wave him off.

Back
Top Bottom