Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Pedro Neto

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Was that Lage or our then "medical professionals"? Either way it was sodding dire!
One thing I've noticed recently is that if you go down with cramp O'Neil just hooks you. RAN the other week, saying leave me on, sorry lad you're off, Lemina yesterday, not sure if he might have stretched it and carried on, but the board was straight up.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One thing I've noticed recently is that if you go down with cramp O'Neil just hooks you. RAN the other week, saying leave me on, sorry lad you're off, Lemina yesterday, not sure if he might have stretched it and carried on, but the board was straight up.
With a small heavily worked squad that seems eminently sensible.

I wonder if GON himself made the mistake of playing on, with bad consequences, as a player?

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If he was moving around in the dressing room after, hopefully it was not that bad

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting observation, with Pedro though, he pulled up abruptly, with no prior warning.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Interesting observation, with Pedro though, he pulled up abruptly, with no prior warning.
Oh yes, sorry I'd lost track I was on this thread! Pedro's done his hamstring, don't think there's much you can do there, the one I mentioned for Jarvis was a similar time in the game IIRC and actually a fairly similar position on the pitch!

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just read on bbc that arsenal are cooling there interest in buying neto in January, because he's injured. So obvs we have to get him fit then give him to arsenal, because thats the way the world works. Ive seen he's contracted until 2027, so if they want him in January they better stump up £150m in my opinion. If they want him in the summer, I'd say £100m minimum, which is surely the going rate for an established top quality young attacking threat in the Premier league. If Rice is worth £100m, neto is worth at least that. Meanwhile behind the scenes we better be scouting the hell out of who we could replace him. Somewhere along the lines of a £30m unpolished young gem with the right attitude. Obviously I would never want neto to go, but its a reality we will face. Hopefully his injury isn't too bad and he could give us one amazing season before we wave him off.
What’s happened to that bullet train named Adama Traore. He could be a replacement for Pedro.

Oh, wait a minute, he’s hardly played this season has he!

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he was moving around in the dressing room after, hopefully it was not that bad
You say that but I drove home after a cricket match (after continuing my innings) and to work and back the next day with what I thought was a calf pull. Decided it was still a bit sore went to A&E and I’d fully ruptured my Achilles tendon requiring surgery a couple of hours later.

You can never tell, although mine was all initially self diagnosis as I never played any sport at the level where there was medical care available.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You say that but I drove home after a cricket match (after continuing my innings) and to work and back the next day with what I thought was a calf pull. Decided it was still a bit sore went to A&E and I’d fully ruptured my Achilles tendon requiring surgery a couple of hours later.

You can never tell, although mine was all initially self diagnosis as I never played any sport at the level where there was medical care available.
You're not helping!

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I did say two weeks based on what Gons says, but tbh lucky punt come on Pedro great news back after international break. Win against Sheffield and another result against spurs

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great news. Hopefully we can pick up three points next week and then a free hit against Spurs before the international break. Pedro then comes back and we go the rest of the season unbeaten.
Nah, I think Man City will sneak a lucky point at their place!

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto isn’t the type of player who needs to be playing with a hamstring that isn’t 100% as he plays with everything he has got and runs as hard as he possibly can, whenever he can.

Rushing him back would be suicide.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Neto isn’t the type of player who needs to be playing with a hamstring that isn’t 100% as he plays with everything he has got and runs as hard as he possibly can, whenever he can.

I'd still be amazed if he was ready in 2 weeks, if he isn't then he can have over 2 more to be right, which would still be a great relief from watching him leave on a stretcher.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We’ve seen time and again players brought back too quickly to save a managers job and subsequently having more injuries. Kightly and Mick springs to mind as does Hwang under Lage - who when he wasn’t asking them to run off serious injuries was asking them to jump off the treatment table straight into a game.

Get the impression that GON isn’t like that although he played Doherty last week with a strain and Max had a lot of strapping on his knee second half

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spurs would be crazy and pointless. Let him rest until at least Fulham Nov 27, after the break, and don’t let him go away. Portugal are top of the group, don’t need him.
Well at least let Spurs think he will be playing even if he doesn’t.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ve seen time and again players brought back too quickly to save a managers job and subsequently having more injuries. Kightly and Mick springs to mind as does Hwang under Lage - who when he wasn’t asking them to run off serious injuries was asking them to jump off the treatment table straight into a game.

Get the impression that GON isn’t like that although he played Doherty last week with a strain and Max had a lot of strapping on his knee second half
Re your first para add Mick and O'Hara. Pretty much finished the latter's career.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've seen this mentioned a lot, unfortunately I don't think the ability to walk on an injury has much relevance to it's severity unless it's a break or a sprain obviously.

I've had tweaked hamstrings, over extended knees and rolled ankles that I've gone to work on a building site the very next day with, I didn't return to a football pitch for weeks though in some instances.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Same, drove for nearly 6 hours with a broken tibia that wasn't even diagnosed until three weeks after I did it, in which time I'd tried to go to the gym and a yoga class.

Glad Pedro seems to be ok even if we aren't :D

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Indeed..many players are never as fast again.
He had the sense to pull up very quickly , so I'm hoping he's prevented to much damage
He did the right thing in my opinion getting a stretcher…..

I know many would go “if it isn’t serious limp/hobble off” but in my opinion take any chance to not have to use the leg at all till it is properly checked!

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder whether his previous injury experiences, where he tried to carry on with serious injury, means he now goes down (and fears the worst) with the slightest twinge. Don’t blame him and it might, on this occasion, stopped a more serious injury.
This is the correct response to a pull. Fear the worst early, stop and you will have less time out in the longer term.

Back
Top Bottom