Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Patricio and Moutinho

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
**** off.

End of an era type stuff this is.

acsmith117

Groupie
Reaction score
I’m not ITK other than one of these is flying out with his family back to Portugal after the game.
Maybe nothing to read into that??

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not ITK other than one of these is flying out with his family back to Portugal after the game.⁷
Maybe nothing to read into that??

Seeing as they have both been picked for the euros, it doesn't surprise me that they are heading to Portugal....nothing to read into.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Sorry to be a debbie downer, but losing Nuno and Patricio in the same day doesn't sit well with me (if it's true about Patricio). I'm probably overreacting, but our last appointment before Nuno was Walter Zenga.
It was Lambert between Zenga and Nuno. The track record is not great. In a different league now though so hoping they make better decisions than they did pre-Nuno.

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Both have been amazing but I've had my doubts this season. There was one patch in particular where neither seemed happy or interested and Rui had an unusual run of sloppy goals.

Both would go as legends. They took us to the highest heights I've known as a fan.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If its not from NikolasAlek, I don't believe.

Again gutted if true, especially Patricio as he's a real class act and has a few years left in him.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Now makes sense that Ruddy played against Everton. They wanted to give him a game but also wanted Rui to have his final game at Molineux in front of some fans. This feels like the end of an era.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I'd not mind Joao going and not ruin his legacy with another horror year, I'd worry about squad leadership though. Wonder if he straight up retires? Rui is good, another position to replace which is annoying.

Houston Lobo

Reaction score
Heard Chinese whispers about Patricio and his kids school, so this could confirm it.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moutinho was ridiculously good in his first two seasons, but this one has caught up with him.

Patricio is probably the last chance for him to go somewhere and win stuff and for us to get some money back for him. 2 big players to lose in the dressing room though.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Too much reading in to this that these 2 are 2 of our biggest earners? Both 100k a week I believe?
True, if Roma are genuinely interested in Patricio then we get good fee and unload wages, he gets a nice final move and Roma get their new keeper. Seems like a win win win, and with all the rumours seems legit.
Rui has been below par this season also, but it was one position that was not entirely pressing.
Are we hitting full reset button?

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
True, if Roma are genuinely interested in Patricio then we get good fee and unload wages, he gets a nice final move and Roma get their new keeper. Seems like a win win win, and with all the rumours seems legit.
Rui has been below par this season also, but it was one position that was not entirely pressing.
Are we hitting full reset button?

I think we could well be.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Both great, great players (although Moutinho in particular is in decline).

The bigger loss is the experience and leadership in the dressing room, particularly given today’s news and how young and naive this said currently is.

**** me. What a **** day.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Joao is finished at those levels.A fantastic player for us first couple of seasons..but continuing paying him 100K per week is criminal the way things are in 2021.
Rui will leave a big gaping hole that we must fill.A good goalie is worth his weight in gold.
I want Nick Pope..and I want Graham Potter(not as a goalie though).

Wishing is for free.

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Patricio is an enormous loss .
I'm going to stick my head above the parapet here and don the hard hat and disagree.

He is undoubtedly a good shot stopper - although this year for me hasn't been his best. made some good saves, yes, but also been beaten too easily in my opinion on several occasions.

My biggest issue is the command of his area. He doesn't have the instinct to come out an close players down, or when he does its too late. He's not on his toes enough to react.

He never comes out for a cross ever - and doesn't seem strong enough to do so. Given our defensive failings at corners him coming out to punch or catch one occasionally may help. What happens 8 out of 10 times when the keeper comes out for a cross - he gets the ball or gets a foul.
Patricio doesn't have this in his game and adds to our poor defence of corners/set pieces.

And lastly his kicking - Been done to death, but not the best.

Yes he has been great, but with a decent replacement, I don't see him as an enormous loss. A loss yes, but I think other players leaving would be a bigger loss.

Back
Top Bottom