Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Patricio and Moutinho

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Regarding Rui and Joao I kind of expected this to be Joao's last season anyway and Rui isn't getting any younger he needs European football so could understand him leaving as well as long as we recruit correctly the biggest loss here is their experience and impact on the younger players which will be hard to replace

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Regarding Rui and Joao I kind of expected this to be Joao's last season anyway and Rui isn't getting any younger he needs European football so could understand him leaving as well as long as we recruit correctly the biggest loss here is their experience and impact on the younger players which will be hard to replace
This is it.

No European football for 2 years in a row. Rui has actual competition for his national team spot in the guise of Lopes.

People can't expect stars to stay

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Then turn that ****er around and get back off where you got on at this rate by time you get home Jeff will be Chairman, Manager and Goalkeeper
In keeping with this ****ty day, I'm stuck at Watford with no connecting train in sight and nothing to do but worry about Wolves.

Biffana wolf

Reaction score
OK so rui is a good shot stopper but his distribution is dire as is his command of his area. Also mout has not been that great this year maybe for 35 or 40 mins a game. We have all wanted a battling midfielder for 3 seasons.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rui obviously a big loss but Joao is finished as a prem player. Worrying times though re domino effect and others leaving.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i think this could be true. followed by traore and probably coady. maybe neves too. this looks like a total rebuild. the premier league is very hard. we will be like a watford/norwich etc at the start if we arent careful. could be a very very tough season

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Side note - I totally missed the Moutinho family announcing they're expecting a 3rd child until I saw the gender reveal on instagram this morning.

Wouldn't surprise me if Joao goes home to finish his career and moves his family home to welcome their newborn.

Which is a little boy, by the way.

The successor. The Protege. The new GOAT.

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guessing as ait-nouri and vitinha won't be signed, unless the new boss wants them.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The more i think about Patricio and Moutinho leaving the more I think probably a sensible decision? Highest earners at the club when funds much needed for investment. Moutinho has been great for us but clearly legs are gone and Patricio been indifferent for us lately and with Roma interested should command a decent fee.
The only problem i have is expenditure needed on a new keeper and a new position to add to the top of the need list.
Such a vital position to get right and costs you these days. But i dont think its the worst thing in the world. Just that another position of need

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought Patricio would be off when Ruddy started against Everton. This way they both get a game to say bye but Patricio, as number one, does it in front of the fans (wouldn't surprise me if Ruddy came on for ten mins, though).

Patricio's been the worst shot stopper of all regular keepers in the Prem this season (using the metric of goals conceded against quality of shots faced, which is by no means perfect). He doesn't command his box, isn't a sweeper-keeper and his kicking's average. But I think we'll miss his calmness, confidence and intimidation factor for the opposition.

(Or perhaps we don't want to risk Patricio getting an injury as a deal's agreed).

KildareWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Patricio would be a massive loss an absolutely world class goalkeeper! In a position where it’s hard to get a good one we’ve been blessed for 3 years

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suspect Boly will go too.
People should hold off on the panic though, I think these are the clubs decisions to move things forward.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Does feel like cost cutting though, can't really deny that

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does feel like cost cutting though, can't really deny that
Perhaps, or could just as easily be a choice to spend funds differently. ie get two new players on the top rank of our wage bill.

Always struck me as a bit odd to have a goalkeeper as your joint highest paid player.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Perhaps, or could just as easily be a choice to spend funds differently. ie get two new players on the top rank of our wage bill.

Always struck me as a bit odd to have a goalkeeper as your joint highest paid player.
Yeah, if we get experienced guys to replace them. If more kids come in then...

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moutinho was ridiculously good in his first two seasons, but this one has caught up with him.

Patricio is probably the last chance for him to go somewhere and win stuff and for us to get some money back for him. 2 big players to lose in the dressing room though.
This!! Will be a shame to see them go both are class acts!

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
well we'd better get the new manager in pretty ****ing quickly

i'd love it to be a serious statement of intent about the top six eg Benitez, but it won't be - it'll be a Mendes underling and we'll be crying over nuno / europa league videos for the foreseeable future

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
New manager needs to be appointed ASAP to address all these potential issues. Someone who can hit the ground running with appropriate experience is vital.
As exotic as some of those names mentioned so far sound - they've literally achieved zero in management. Currently I feel Nunos future looks far brighter than our...... The selection of his successor is a massive indicator of Fosuns intentions.
Rui and Mouts....... Great servants but replaceable via a savy manager and the correct financial input.

Back
Top Bottom