Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Parent & child parking spaces (unless you are important)!

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As others have stated parent and child spaces have wider bays to allow parents enough room to get their kids out of the car without potentially damaging another vehicle. It's bugger all to do with close proximity to the shops.

I'm a parent of two small children so I use them quite frequently but not because of their convenience. I'd have no qualms about them being moved further away from the stores

In fact I'm pretty certain if they were further away from the shops the fat lazy ****ers without kids that park in them because they are fat/lazy/a renegade/a bit of a ****er/self righteous/menopausal/too ugly to procreate/part of the 'they didn't have them in my day brigade' (delete where appropriate) wouldn't go anywhere near them.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am deeply distressed that there are not specific LGBT parking spots. Its discrimination it really is, and needs addressing urgently...;)

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As others have stated parent and child spaces have wider bays to allow parents enough room to get their kids out of the car without potentially damaging another vehicle. It's bugger all to do with close proximity to the shops.

In that case, they also need to introduced "fat ******* bays", "clumsy people bays" and "pensioners that stumble easily bays".

They could have special bays on Sunday mornings only too for "****ed-up passenger bays" for when Barry is still hanging from the night before but desperately needs to stagger to Tesco to get his 20 Silk Cut.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My son is in a wheelchair and it happens often that people park in the Blue Badge Bays and then briskly walk away from the car. When I check the dashboard more often than not there is a Blue Badge?! The worst is McDonalds where people use the disabled bays to sit and scoff their burghers - usually young people. Nobody gives a **** and if you complain you're likely to get your head kicked in. Britain today.

D

Deleted member 4382

What really ****es me off are blue badge holders who park in family bays when disabled bays are vacant.
Extreme arrogance.

Wolves players doing it are fine, ‘though.

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In that case, they also need to introduced "fat ******* bays", "clumsy people bays" and "pensioners that stumble easily bays".

They could have special bays on Sunday mornings only too for "****ed-up passenger bays" for when Barry is still hanging from the night before but desperately needs to stagger to Tesco to get his 20 Silk Cut.

Sounds like you already use the parent and child ones so there's no need.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What really ****es me off are blue badge holders who park in family bays when disabled bays are vacant.
Extreme arrogance.

Someone with a disability should be able to park wherever they feel is most convenient and if that ****es someone with a kid off so be it. And talking of extreme arrogance I see it every morning outside the nursery at the bottom of the road with parents parking wherever the **** they like then opening car doors into the road to get there bleeding kid out.

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Someone with a disability should be able to park wherever they feel is most convenient and if that ****es someone with a kid off so be it. And talking of extreme arrogance I see it every morning outside the nursery at the bottom of the road with parents parking wherever the **** they like then opening car doors into the road to get there bleeding kid out.

I think the point was that there was plenty of disabled spaces available (usually much more convenient too).

That said your point about parents parking wherever they like outside of schools/nursery is more than fair. At the primary school my daughter goes to there's a woman in a BMW X5 who parks either on the zig zags or directly outside the gates, she couldn't give a **** either. That said she is extremely fit and has an incredible **** so she's fine parking there.

D

Deleted member 4382

Someone with a disability should be able to park wherever they feel is most convenient and if that ****es someone with a kid off so be it. And talking of extreme arrogance I see it every morning outside the nursery at the bottom of the road with parents parking wherever the **** they like then opening car doors into the road to get there bleeding kid out.[/QUOTE
Agree to a point, but frequently I see disabled people park in family bays instead of a more convenient disabled bay.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Extreme arrogance.

What about someone disabled with a kid?

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know it's not the most heinous crime in the world but given the speed at which some people drive around car parks I don't like having to get my 2 and 4 year old across them. It ain't a laziness thing more a safety issue for me.

Highwayman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Exactly how I feel, I had an argument with a mom recently who was moaning she couldn’t get in a child friendly space, had to park a few yards away, then got her son - around 4/5yrs old out of the car, then I challenged her & said, “what bloody difference does a few yards make when u r going to spend the next 2 hours dragging him around the merry hill “
So do you do the same to disabled drivers because after all I presume they haven’t gone to the Merry Hill just to sit in their car ?

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So do you do the same to disabled drivers because after all I presume they haven’t gone to the Merry Hill just to sit in their car ?

Why on earth would you challenge a disabled driver?

Highwayman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Why on earth would you challenge a disabled driver?
I wouldn’t but then I wouldn’t mouth off at a mother who had been denied a mother and baby space by some selfish cretin either.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
What's 'Wolves' got to do with it?

If someone feels to perhaps ignore a lawfully irrelevant situation it isn't any different to the general public using or even abusing the same to their advantage depending on circumstance.

It's just what it is.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn’t but then I wouldn’t mouth off at a mother who had been denied a mother and baby space by some selfish cretin either.

But the mother didn’t say someone who had denied her a space just that she couldn’t get one.

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What's 'Wolves' got to do with it?

If someone feels to perhaps ignore a lawfully irrelevant situation it isn't any different to the general public using or even abusing the same to their advantage depending on circumstance.

It's just what it is.
My wife didn’t recognise him until he was in the supermarket, just incidental he was a Wolves player. We have a youngish child, but neither of us would deny a parent - child bay to a person that needed it by being lazy & selfish or take advantage. It annoys me when I park appropriately and abide by the signs especially when it’s raining and others don’t. Normally the owners of more ‘expensive’ cars and that doesn’t mean they are scared of damage (plenty of room further away in correct bays) are the main culprits. If they could park inside the supermarket they would.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
My wife didn’t recognise him until he was in the supermarket, just incidental he was a Wolves player. We have a youngish child, but neither of us would deny a parent - child bay to a person that needed it by being lazy & selfish or take advantage. It annoys me when I park appropriately and abide by the signs especially when it’s raining and others don’t. Normally the owners of more ‘expensive’ cars and that doesn’t mean they are scared of damage (plenty of room further away in correct bays) are the main culprits. If they could park inside the supermarket they would.

Perhaps then the thread title needs to be altered.....maybe even go off topic too

Nobody knows the circumstance/thinking by which this individual did what he did.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't believe he was a Wolves player; Wolves players now have so much money they employ people to do their shopping for them!

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Slightly off topic but always wished i had been christened "staff"
Because it would be easier to park at new cross.

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Perhaps then the thread title needs to be altered.....maybe even go off topic too

Nobody knows the circumstance/thinking by which this individual did what he did.
No too true (he could have been rushing in for some paracetamol) however without labelling the person it sort of fits in a little with a story I was told (not a major thing). So when I was told by my wife, let’s put it like this, I wasn’t surprised by whom it was. On a more positive note that’s two players in the local supermarket, the other was Mr Boly, that either of us had bumped into. (Not sure if he was parked correctly!) I was to busy dribbling (at the mouth) to notice!

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Was there on Friday morning 50 minutes = £2.40 if I remember correctly.

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
Yes actually i have done, i have no problem with people using disabled spaces legitimately, but when people moan about not being able to park in a disabled space but then proceed to walk around merry hill for 2 hours it sort of defeats the object, yes i know spaces r slightly wider so people can get wheelchairs etc out, & must admit i have also had a go at people who get out of their cars and then proceed to get the disabled blue badge out of their handbags stick it in the window and walk off when they are able bodied, & they come out with crap like, the badge is me mothers and im doing her shopping !!!!!!

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes actually i have done, i have no problem with people using disabled spaces legitimately, but when people moan about not being able to park in a disabled space but then proceed to walk around merry hill for 2 hours it sort of defeats the object, yes i know spaces r slightly wider so people can get wheelchairs etc out, & must admit i have also had a go at people who get out of their cars and then proceed to get the disabled blue badge out of their handbags stick it in the window and walk off when they are able bodied, & they come out with crap like, the badge is me mothers and im doing her shopping !!!!!!
Not all disabilities are visible, my daughter has severe epilepsy which, all though we have not had a blue badge, would make her entitled to one. Just saying.

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
Not all disabilities are visible, my daughter has severe epilepsy which, all though we have not had a blue badge, would make her entitled to one. Just saying.
I know what u r saying, my BIL has MS & its taken him years to get a blue badge, I do wander at times how they define disability when administering badges.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's shocking that staff have to pay for their parking at New Cross.

Might be a lower rate than Joe Public pay but it's a ****ing disgrace when you factor in their general low pay and the work they're doing.

Last edited:

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can understand why they have the bays if you need wider space for loading unloading the sprogs.

But why (and this means you Morrisons) are these bays closer to the doors than disabled bays). The parents can walk 50 yards to the doors!

With that in mind, I will park in one if no disabled bay is available

Last edited:

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s quite simple if you haven’t got a kid don’t park in them. I had a row with a snooty woman once over it. I was sorely tempted to let one of her tyres down. I’m fact I was so tempted I did.

Back
Top Bottom