Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Parent & child parking spaces (unless you are important)!

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
just had a telephone conversation with the wife, who stated that she had been to the local supermarket last 1 -2 hours and a Wolves player had parked in a parent and child bay and he definitely did not have a child with him. My wife did not have our child with her so had parked further away. I asked did she get a selfie with him! She didn’t! (I probably would have, irrespective of this crime!( Without going into the for’s and against’s of such spaces.
Thoughts on this crime?!!!
I’m not going to name and shame as not the most heinous of offences. Without giving it away, it would not be a cultural misunderstanding if this point crops up.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I have seen several people park in one of those bays and the driver gets out accompanied by lads nearly old enough to vote,bet,drink and get married .

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Parents have no concerns for their fellow citizens parking wherever or however they like outside schools because fat little Johnny shouldn't have to walk more than 15 metres so excuse me if I couldn't care less
Who said it was Jonny and he ain’t fat ?:D

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Parents have no concerns for their fellow citizens parking wherever or however they like outside schools because fat little Johnny shouldn't have to walk more than 15 metres so excuse me if I couldn't care less
A bit of a sweeping generalisation... A bit of extra space to get my 2 year old out of the car/into her pushchair/trolley is helpful but not essential.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
just had a telephone conversation with the wife, who stated that she had been to the local supermarket last 1 -2 hours and a Wolves player had parked in a parent and child bay and he definitely did not have a child with him. My wife did not have our child with her so had parked further away. I asked did she get a selfie with him! She didn’t! (I probably would have, irrespective of this crime!( Without going into the for’s and against’s of such spaces.
Thoughts on this crime?!!!
I’m not going to name and shame as not the most heinous of offences. Without giving it away, it would not be a cultural misunderstanding if this point crops up.
Just copying John Terry...

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
Exactly how I feel, I had an argument with a mom recently who was moaning she couldn’t get in a child friendly space, had to park a few yards away, then got her son - around 4/5yrs old out of the car, then I challenged her & said, “what bloody difference does a few yards make when u r going to spend the next 2 hours dragging him around the merry hill “ she walked off in a huff.

Never had child car spaces when my kids were growing up, bloody snowflakes the lot of them.

Don’t get me started on moms parking anywhere to drop little Johnny off or pick him up, my son lives by a school and many many times he gets home and can’t get on his drive, when he chastises them all he gets is “ oh I was late” blah blah blah

paulhick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Balls to the mother and child crap. As stated before 9 times out of 10 they are going to be traipsed around for the next hour and a half anyway.
Just do as I do and get a cheapo booster seat in the back and park where you like.

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Thanks for your concern, my son certainly isn’t fat! Those spaces are larger for buggies, car seats and Safety of children walking across car parks, certainly not for egos. I take the point on parking right outside schools.

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Balls to the mother and child crap. As stated before 9 times out of 10 they are going to be traipsed around for the next hour and a half anyway.
Just do as I do and get a cheapo booster seat in the back and park where you like.
‘As stated before’, the bay being larger & closer is about getting the young child/baby in & out easily not about walking around a supermarket and the safety of walking across a busy car park with lots of shopping and a child. It’s not because of perceived entitlement or for being lazy.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't believe in them. Should be 1)Disabled 2) Old farts, 3) all others ;)

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did you ask her what car he drived?
Size of engine?
Twin or four exhaust?

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I park in disabled and child places I am the anti-Christ

The Pie Poker

Reaction score
I have 2 young kids and even I feel a bit guilty using those spots, other than trying to fit a car seat I don't see why we shoukd benefit from the extra wide bays. They're just a pointless bonus for us parents.

If I saw somebody without a child parking there I wouldnt give a ****. In fact, if they had a nice car I'd totally understand. Whether u can afford it or not a dink in the side of your car off somebodybelses door has gotta p*** you off.

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hate it when people park in disabled spaces - but I couldn't care less about parent and child spaces. I just don't see why parents with kids need to have dedicated parking spaces.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never get the desire to park as close as possible to a supermarket when you’re going to walk up and down the whole thing. I always try and park as far away as possible so there’s less likely of someone parking next to me and dinging my car :mad:

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hate it when people park in disabled spaces - but I couldn't care less about parent and child spaces. I just don't see why parents with kids need to have dedicated parking spaces.

Don’t you remember the days before parent and child spaces when kids were getting run over left right and centre? No me neither.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have 2 young kids and even I feel a bit guilty using those spots, other than trying to fit a car seat I don't see why we shoukd benefit from the extra wide bays. They're just a pointless bonus for us parents.

If I saw somebody without a child parking there I wouldnt give a ****. In fact, if they had a nice car I'd totally understand. Whether u can afford it or not a dink in the side of your car off somebodybelses door has gotta p*** you off.
It's usually VW and/or BMW drivers that do that :D

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Makes me smile all these people who are apparently desperate to park as close to the shops as possible complaining that others have a designated parking spot close to the shops.

Back
Top Bottom