Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Paper airplanes

Bjorn Star

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hate to be negative about all the hard work and effort put in by Pumpking and others but surely these displays will have to stop due to people using the cards as missiles.

I’m sure some people will think I’m being a killjoy but it’s a matter of time before one of these takes someone’s eye out. Personally found it very irritating having to dodge them for most of the second half and I wouldn’t be surprised if the club get in trouble due to them being thrown into the pitch and at Chelsea players too.

Wish people would stop behaving like morons and throwing things in stadiums.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Think the only one thrown from the south bank that hit a player was our own player.

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

I hate to be negative about all the hard work and effort put in by Pumpking and others but surely these displays will have to stop due to people using the cards as missiles.

I’m sure some people will think I’m being a killjoy but it’s a matter of time before one of these takes someone’s eye out. Personally found it very irritating having to dodge them for most of the second half and I wouldn’t be surprised if the club get in trouble due to them being thrown into the pitch and at Chelsea players too.

Given the statement in bold, I presume this has happened before. Can you send a link to when a paper aeroplane has taken someone's eye out.

Thanks.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As will the Premier League be when they order Wolves to shut part of the stadium and fine the club !!
Are you for real? We set pyrotechnics off all the time and you are worried about paper aeroplanes. lmao

epic

Groupie
Reaction score
Lmao shut the stadium because of a few paper aeroplanes hahahahha

The Premier League are never the most sensible or tolerant - look what VAR has done to "our" game !!

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

Thought the display in the south bank looked very poor. Looked more like 180 than130 and there was a big gap down the middle of the 8 or 3 as it was supposed to be, due to the steps and no seats. I know people work hard on these things, but If you asked people who didn’t know it was 130 years then I’m sure most would have said it said 180. Dont know what the north bank display said, was it the same?

blakenhall wolf

Reaction score
Thought the display in the south bank looked very poor. Looked more like 180 than130 and there was a big gap down the middle of the 8 or 3 as it was supposed to be, due to the steps and no seats. I know people work hard on these things, but If you asked people who didn’t know it was 130 years then I’m sure most would have said it said 180. Dont know what the north bank display said, was it the same?

I thought the North bank had the 130?

Couldnt see what we were doing but thought it was a wolfs head??

Bjorn Star

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given the statement in bold, I presume this has happened before. Can you send a link to when a paper aeroplane has taken someone's eye out.

Thanks.

Did you see the way some of them were sticking and standing up right in the turf? Do you dispute that they’re sharp? Would you like one of those in your eye?

And even if you don’t think they’re dangerous they’re ****ing annoying and distracting.

Bjorn Star

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haha can’t raise anything without being accused of being a snowflake. I’m glad you all think throwing stuff at each other made your match day experience more enjoyable. Perhaps you can bring some play dough to entertain yourselves with next game as the match clearly isn’t enough.

Wolfman jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its a massive task to do a display like this and we should all be grateful for the huge effort. It looked very impressive from the NB although the 130 did look like 180 to start with. As for the “paper” aeroplanes , they were actually card and most were probably left behind on the floor to be cleaned up later. Not sure the effect warrants the effort and the mess but well done to all involved. I wouldn't know where to start.

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think what is far more worrying is that our defence is folding like cardboard. A few improvised aeroplanes made out of card is the least of our concerns at present.

Other than that, major demerit point for you using that horrendous Americanism 'airplane'. Ugghhh!

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow .....paper areoplanes complaints . Wonder what the old skool South Bankers would think of some of the fairies that go in there now .
Every little thing is scutanised so much now the atmosphere at football is becoming sterile .
You have made me laugh with that post. We used to swop darts, sharpened metal stars, bottles and bricks.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone remember a game in in the late 90s when palace gave us a dicking at Molineux? They handed out the club shop catalogues on the way in. Some point during the second half they got launched into the air all around the ground.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guy near me got threatened to be thrown out and season ticket removed because the cameras caught him throwing a paper aeroplane. This is someone who follows us home and away.

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ooh you can't beat being told to stop clapping the team out and instead hold up some paper to block your own view.

Or maybe a nice carrier bag like at the semi final last year.

I like standing still and showing stuff.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just sent the picture you posted above to a couple of people and asked what the number said and both replied 180. I know a lot of work goes into making this happen but the result this time was not the best.
Ffs. The man does more for wolves than 99% of people on here and puts his heart n soul into making something great ad part of our history and you feel that you have to go on a wolves forum and write this. You ****ing sad ****.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone remember a game in in the late 90s when palace gave us a dicking at Molineux? They handed out the club shop catalogues on the way in. Some point during the second half they got launched into the air all around the ground.

Mentioned this to my dad earlier and said the card would end up as paper aeroplanes. Given the score line and performance people found something to entertain themselves.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Lmao shut the stadium because of a few paper aeroplanes hahahahha
I know it would be a joke but clubs have been fined by UEFA in the past for fans throwing on loo rolls.In the Sixties most grounds were like the inside of the Andrex factory when the teams came out.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I just sent the picture you posted above to a couple of people and asked what the number said and both replied 180. I know a lot of work goes into making this happen but the result this time was not the best.

They must have very poor screen resolution.It did all seem a bit odd to me, 130 is an odd anniversary to get excited about. I thought NB display looked fine once everyone got it together and it is quite nice not just to be stood holding a card with no idea what anyone else can see. Anyway I'm certainly not knocking anyone who freely gives their time to produce such an effort or nitpick about their contribution.

TezzaWolf

Reaction score
Ooh you can't beat being told to stop clapping the team out and instead hold up some paper to block your own view.

Or maybe a nice carrier bag like at the semi final last year.

I like standing still and showing stuff.

This post nails it.

I'm sure we all respect the work that Pumpking and his team put in, but I want to clap the team on to the pitch. I'll even use the fake clappers if you put one on my seat. I don't want to stand there like today and the semi final with my arms in the air just to give others a nice photo opportunity.

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair, I am never completely happy with anything we do myself, apart of course from the tremendous effort the volunteers put in.

There will always be room for improvement and people are of course free to criticise, I never have a problem with that.
I have to say though that I did order cards twice the size that we had, in order to create a much better colour concentration, but sadly it wasn’t to be, and we had to make do with what we were given.

It also didn’t help that quite a number of fans were not in their seats at the time of the display.

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

Ffs. The man does more for wolves than 99% of people on here and puts his heart n soul into making something great ad part of our history and you feel that you have to go on a wolves forum and write this. You ****ing sad ****.
I respect the work and effort put in. I just thought at the time that it looked like 180, as did others sat near me. I know a lot of work went in as I read the thread about it. So well done on the effort.

Aylesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair, I am never completely happy with anything we do myself, apart of course from the tremendous effort the volunteers put in.

There will always be room for improvement and people are of course free to criticise, I never have a problem with that.
I have to say though that I did order cards twice the size that we had, in order to create a much better colour concentration, but sadly it wasn’t to be, and we had to make do with what we were given.

It also didn’t help that quite a number of fans were not in their seats at the time of the display.
Well done to you and the volunteers. Take no notice of the moaners, your efforts are appreciated.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Thank you for all your hard work PK, appreciate it and please keep up the great work you do

Back
Top Bottom