Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Over the top??

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The two who ran on the pitch during the Barnsley game have had their day in court:

http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2012/09/06/wolves-fans-fined-for-running-on-to-pitch/

Have to say I think an indefinite ban is way over the top in this case. It was good-natured, a bit silly, and didnt harm anyone, (apart from one of them having a sore head).

Wish the club would stop behaving like Big Brother and show a little more commonsense and empathy towards its own fans.

I

It's Mixu Paatelainen

I love this defence

Harmail Gill, defending the pair, said they were in a celebratory mood as it was a rare victory for the team.

W

we8wba

good they should be banned

all rules and up on display with the ramifications which may come with them

R

reanswolf

Way too severe despite them knowing they should not have gone on. Bit of harmless fun.

Just how a fellow Wolves fan ( as above) wishes that on a fellow Wolves fan saddens me but does not vaguely surprise me.

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Way too severe despite them knowing they should not have gone on. Bit of harmless fun.

Just how a fellow Wolves fan ( as above) wishes that on a fellow Wolves fan saddens me but does not vaguely surprise me.

This. Harmless fun is exactly what it was. It's a joke that people think that it's a fair result, actually it's pompous in my opinion. But yeh as you say, not really surprising.

S

Sandwell Wolf

Definitely OTT banning them for life.

Should just ban them for this season and move on. They haven't hurt anybody have they!?

F

FLEET WOLF

Meanwhile outside grounds and in the cities in which they are based, rival hooligans are beating the $$$$ out of each other and probably getting away with it! Still on the day that a judge says breaking into houses is a brave thing to do, anything to do with fairness and justice in this World seems to have dissappeared!

W

we8wba

rules are rules and end of day good job these pair went on for bit harmless fun and not with intent hurt someone

if it was just a poxy £300 fine then i'm sure we'd seeing these idiots on more regular basis whilst they try show off to their mates

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Meanwhile outside grounds and in the cities in which they are based, rival hooligans are beating the $$$$ out of each other and probably getting away with it! Still on the day that a judge says breaking into houses is a brave thing to do, anything to do with fairness and justice in this World seems to have dissappeared!

Makes your blood boil doesn't it! And that judge must be senile surely? Wonder what he'd say if someone burgled his house scaring the life out of his family? $$$$$$.

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
rules are rules and end of day good job these pair went on for bit harmless fun and not with intent hurt someone

if it was just a poxy £300 fine then i'm sure we'd seeing these idiots on more regular basis whilst they try show off to their mates

Are you one of the coppers in the South Bank that tell a few people near them to "sit down or we'll throw you out" when the whole stand is on their feet?

It rarely happens mate, and it was just a bit of fun, they had clearly had a few but weren't $$$$$$s who went out to cause harm or mess the game up, that would have been a different story. And no, if it was a £300 fine as you say, it would not happen on a regular basis. At all.

W

we8wba

course it would happen more, the bloke himself probably wouldnt have to pay penny after all mates probably chip in collection box as it was "hilirous"

as for not messing up the game, i swear the game was in full flow before it had to be stopped.

i'm not at all one these two bob people as you've suggested, i actually laughed at bloke who went flying and other invaders in the past. but they no the consquences to their actions like others before them who im sure got the same treatment

Last edited by a moderator:

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Indefinite doesn't have to mean a life ban. I imagine Wolves feel they have to make a point, and the final length of the ban will be at the discretion of the club. Maybe a written apology would help their cause.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Indefinite doesn't have to mean a life ban. I imagine Wolves feel they have to make a point, and the final length of the ban will be at the discretion of the club. Maybe a written apology would help their cause.

Yeah I thought something like that as well. Maybe the club is just making a show of taking a hardline. I certainly hope so.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah I thought something like that as well. Maybe the club is just making a show of taking a hardline. I certainly hope so.

Hardline has to be shown at least - otherwise where is the deterrent?
But I'd be aghast if indefinite meant life.

R

reanswolf

course it would happen more, the bloke himself probably wouldnt have to pay penny after all mates probably chip in collection box as it was "hilirous"

as for not messing up the game, i swear the game was in full flow before it had to be stopped.

i'm not at all one these two bob people as you've suggested, i actually laughed at bloke who went flying and other invaders in the past. but they no the consquences to their actions like others before them who im sure got the same treatment

I 8 WBA too but I find it a tad hypocritical that you choose such a name, shouldnt it be toned down a bit for someone so sanctimonious. :embarassed:

mister-t

Reaction score
very harsh in my view
how many fans where banned when the pitch was invaded when wolves stayed in the prem? a couple of months ban and a slap on the wrist would of been sufficient

F

FLEET WOLF

Makes your blood boil doesn't it! And that judge must be senile surely? Wonder what he'd say if someone burgled his house scaring the life out of his family? $$$$$$.

I think being senile is a pre-requisite for becoming a judge, allegedly!

D

Dewsburywolf

To be honest the way we've been playing these past 12 months they should be forced to attend rather than being banned

J

Jack

Let's be honest, if they want to go to games they can. Just get your mate to register, order with his number and stick a cap on...simple

W

wolfyjoe

A couple of seasons would be fair to make an example of them because some of our fans have spent too much time on the pitch in the past few seasons, although i did run on screaming at the QPR game. Oops.

An indefinite ban is harsh.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely more appropriate would be an order that they had to do work around the club. Nice duties like cleaning toilets, washing up, etc.
Give them a chance to redeem themselves by doing something useful. Then end the ban when the club feels its the right time.
BTW can either of them play LB?:goodnight:

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be honest the way we've been playing these past 12 months they should be forced to attend rather than being banned

LOL

When our crowds are down to 15000 in February, Jez will probably be begging them to come back

D

dazmanwolf

At least indefinate is not a permanent ban. They can lift it when they want to.

saturday boy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It would be pretty pointless having rules and consequences if they were routinely ignored. As others have pointed out, any ban is indefinite and it is only when the club decides to lift the ban that an opinion can be formed as to whether it is proportionate.

Personally, I think it should be no more than a few games but if repeated it should be permanent. People only get the opportunity to demonstrate they have learnt from their mistakes if you give them the opportunity not to make the same mistake in future.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Surely more appropriate would be an order that they had to do work around the club. Nice duties like cleaning toilets, washing up, etc.
Give them a chance to redeem themselves by doing something useful. Then end the ban when the club feels its the right time.
BTW can either of them play LB?:goodnight:

Yes, the one that stumbled and fell can do it as well as Stears on the other flank.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
What I am unsure about is how come the guy who got onto the pitch got a smaller fine than the human cannonball who headbutted the hoardings?

Last edited by a moderator:
T

TonySoprano

Victim surcharge?! Ffs. :D

Only a club ban anyway so can just walk into next weeks game and at worst get kicked out if they got spotted which is unlikely. Pretty poor form when you have your own fans pleased that they've been banned, albeit a pointless one.

jackdusty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What I am unsure about is how come the guy who got onto the pitch got a smaller fine than the human cannonball who headbutted the hoardings?

Because they had to replace the advertising board that had an imprint of his skull on it.:D

F

FLEET WOLF

Let's be honest, if they want to go to games they can. Just get your mate to register, order with his number and stick a cap on...simple

Yes, I have often wondered how well such bans are really enforced because there must be a few ways of getting around it. Fake beards, hats, etc etc.

P

Penk Wolf

No wonder the attendance has dropped, I guess it's because of all the bans they have handed out for the 3 mass pitch invasions?

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really surprised to see this - nanny state - nancy thinking. A couple of matches ban would teach them a lesson . Banning them "indefnitely" will possibly mean they'll "definitely" not come back to Molineux, neither will anyone associated with them.

Didn't see the incident but it didn't sound as though they were "deep frying" babies on the pitch as our CEO is allegedly rumoured to favour ?

Back
Top Bottom