Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

out with the old, in with the new in germany

W

Wolfgang Wolf

last night red bull leipzig , only founded in 2009, went 6 points clear of bayern at the top of the bundesliga.
meanwhile hamburg. the only club never to have been relegated from the top tier, are bottom with 3 points from 11 games.
hamburg is one of the biggest sports clubs in the world and as well as football do handball, badminton, basketball, rugby, bowling, boxing, golf, hockey, gymnastics, darts ... and cricket !
leipzig were bought as a 5th division club by red bull in 2009 averaging 2,500 crowds. last season they averaged 29,500. they have ralf rangnick, who turned down albion, as sporting director.

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
last night red bull leipzig , only founded in 2009, went 6 points clear of bayern at the top of the bundesliga.
meanwhile hamburg. the only club never to have been relegated from the top tier, are bottom with 3 points from 11 games.
hamburg is one of the biggest sports clubs in the world and as well as football do handball, badminton, basketball, rugby, bowling, boxing, golf, hockey, gymnastics, darts ... and cricket !
leipzig were bought as a 5th division club by red bull in 2009 averaging 2,500 crowds. last season they averaged 29,500. they have ralf rangnick, who turned down albion, as sporting director.

Just shows what can be done.

Today's Red Bull, is tomorrow's Fosun.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How are St Pauli getting on Wolfgang?

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reading Wikipedia, it doesn't sound any less dirtier than the MK Dons episode

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/RB_Leipzig

I know franchising is less favourably viewed here in England than elsewhere, but I wouldn't want a league full of plastic corporate clubs like that.

W

Wolfgang Wolf

Reading Wikipedia, it doesn't sound any less dirtier than the MK Dons episode

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/RB_Leipzig

I know franchising is less favourably viewed here in England than elsewhere, but I wouldn't want a league full of plastic corporate clubs like that.

with the 50 + 1 rule it's virtually impossible for an abramovich or fosun to take over an established bundesliga club.
that leaves ambitious owners little choice but to do what red bull have done.
i fail to see any moral difference between the fosun and red bull takeovers.
red bull are at least (austrian) german.

Ivegotawolvesscarf

Reaction score
Where did those extra 27,000 people come from? Had they never watched "Lawn Ball" before? What happened to the other clubs in Leipzig? Should we be happy with being called FOSUN Wolves?

D

Deleted member LP 3925

Where did those extra 27,000 people come from? Had they never watched "Lawn Ball" before? What happened to the other clubs in Leipzig? Should we be happy with being called FOSUN Wolves?
No, it should be FOSUNNY Wolverhampton :)

Back
Top Bottom