Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Old Molineux Photos

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
1710513952168.png

Eddie Stuart: Powerful and charismatic defender who became the beating heart of the mighty Wolves side of the 1950s​

When Eddie Stuart flexed his muscles strong men flinched.

The tall, steely, darkly charismatic South African was one of the cornerstones of Wolverhampton Wanderers’ rearguard as Stan Cullis’s exhilarating, hard-running side lifted three League titles during the 1950s and vied with Manchester United’s Busby Babes as the team of the decade.

Passedit

Reaction score

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think it is. He was before my time, but my Father always said what a great player Bill Slater was. He could play half back or centre half and seemed at home in both positions.
I remember him from back in the day, think Slater, Wright and Flowers all played together for England at one time,

Also believe we supplied 5 of the defence once for England, Bert Williams Slater, Wright and Flowers, anyone know the other player ?

found this list from that era

Bert Williams – England

Billy Wright – England

Jimmy Mullen – England

Dennis Wilshaw – England

Bill Slater – England

Eddie Clamp – England

Peter Broadbent – England

Ron Flowers - England

Last edited:

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
1710541812275.png

John Richards Scores Wolverhampton Wanderers Second Goal in the League Cup Final Against Manchester City​

1710542010742.png
1710542045210.png
1710542094369.png
Wolves 2 Man City 1 in March 1974 at Wembley. Dave Wagstaffe about to cross in the League Cup Final.
1710542149464.png

Last edited:

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Paul Ince taking the **** out of Birmingham's Robbie Savage in 2003.
BP1680766.jpg

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
Anybody got some great pics of some iconic moments/players/managers etc? I want to choose a few to put in one of those frames you can get multiple pics in for my home office.

Passedit

Reaction score
I remember him from back in the day, think Slater, Wright and Flowers all played together for England at one time,

Also believe we supplied 5 of the defence once for England, Bert Williams Slater, Wright and Flowers, anyone know the other player ?

found this list from that era

Bert Williams – England

Billy Wright – England

Jimmy Mullen – England

Dennis Wilshaw – England

Bill Slater – England

Eddie Clamp – England

Peter Broadbent – England

Ron Flowers - England
Can’t find the other one.

Apologies if you already have any of the following information.

Some additional ones in here between 1946 and 1962 that might help.
And this is a good site to check players appearances and team sheets which might throw up the answer.

I’ve left it on Wolves and from there you can check each season and individual players.

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Can’t find the other one.

Apologies if you already have any of the following information.

Some additional ones in here between 1946 and 1962 that might help.
And this is a good site to check players appearances and team sheets which might throw up the answer.

I’ve left it on Wolves and from there you can check each season and individual players.

Thank You Passedit. Brilliant links for everyone, its saves hunting info all over the net,

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it is. He was before my time, but my Father always said what a great player Bill Slater was. He could play half back or centre half and seemed at home in both positions.
Just seen this. Slightly ironic as he was the last Wolves capt to lift the FA Cup in 1960.

Back
Top Bottom