Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Old Molineux Photos

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think the name was Kevin Keelan or Kealan but I am sure you knew that

I have a lifelong mate who's Dad grew up in Kidderminster where of his best friends was Kevin Keelan. Kevin Keelan actually started at The Harriers before joining Villa. Made some incredible amount of appearances for Norwich City.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a lifelong mate who's Dad grew up in Kidderminster where of his best friends was Kevin Keelan. Kevin Keelan actually started at The Harriers before joining Villa. Made some incredible amount of appearances for Norwich City.
I only remember him at Norwich he seemed to be there years

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Gorgeous old ground, love seeing these bits of history.
Yeah i start looking at the Pics then realise the whole evening has gone, cant think of a better way of passing 3 or 4 hours these dark nights,

and looking on the likes and quotes from the few i put on here thats another couple of hours gone lol( 91 in total :cool: )

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah i start looking at the Pics then realise the whole evening has gone, cant think of a better way of passing 3 or 4 hours these dark nights,
TBH l can think of a few..... Normally my gorgeous OH, beer or indeed both are involved lol....

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score

and looking on the likes and quotes from the few i put on here thats another couple of hours gone lol( 91 in total :cool: )
I'm right with you on that one. Couldn't sleep at all last night, was up until the early hours looking at pictures of Molineux from years gone by.

Strangely comforting to know that so many people have followed Wolves before my time and will continue to long after my time's up. Suppose those kind of thoughts are quite common at three in the morning though!

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Probably only new to me but, If you right click on pic then press “Search for web image”, this came up from that pic,

Ranked! The 30 most-hated teams ever in British football

10th. Wolves, 1937/38

“If you didn’t like his style you’d very soon be on your bicycle to another club,” future Wolves manager Stan Cullis later said of Molineux supremo Major Frank Buckley. The Somme veteran, who didn’t suffer fools gladly, ensured that Wolves adopted a far more direct and aggressive approach to games - so much so that they were banned from a 1937 pre-season tour due to their ‘over-vigorous’ play the previous season.

Buckley also enjoyed garnering attention in the press and, following a meeting with chemist Menzies Sharp, allowed his players to undergo a four-month course of 12 injections taken from monkey glands.

Despite rumours persisting that it was simply a placebo, Wolves emerged as a rising force in the game during the late 1930s, by fair means or foul.
Chief villain: Buckley offered his crestfallen players a stinging rebuke after they narrowly missed out on the title in 1938. “The Major told us only conscientious objectors and men of poor character cried,” striker Dicky Dorsett later said. “He told us to sit in silence for a while and pull ourselves together.”

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
1709928255111.png

Bobby Mason

Luton Town Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers​

Seamus Dunne (1930 - 2016) of Luton Town FC and Wolverhampton Wanderers' Bobby Mason and Jimmy Murray (1935 - 2008) in action during a match at Kenilworth Road stadium, Luton, November 29th 1958. Luton go on to lose to Wolves 0-1. (Photo by Evening Standard/Hulton Archive/Getty Images)

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
1709928373205.png

Wolves FC's Bobby Mason, 1958​

Wolverhampton Wanderers Football Club forward Bobby Mason during a Division 1 match against Arsenal, October 18th, 1958. The score was a 1-1 draw. (Photo by Evening Standard/Hulton Archive/Getty Images)

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 41016

Bobby Mason

Luton Town Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers​

Seamus Dunne (1930 - 2016) of Luton Town FC and Wolverhampton Wanderers' Bobby Mason and Jimmy Murray (1935 - 2008) in action during a match at Kenilworth Road stadium, Luton, November 29th 1958. Luton go on to lose to Wolves 0-1. (Photo by Evening Standard/Hulton Archive/Getty Images)
Who needs third kits when they didn’t need normal away kits back then!

Back
Top Bottom