Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nuno's Contract

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yet another so-called football insider writing click bait rubbish who knows the square root of jack**** about what is actually going on at Wolves. Perhaps Nuno is running down his contact to join the Vile lol....
Haha a link on that page has Noel Whelan saying Celtic should sign Podence on loan.

Get the impression with Nuno that a contract may have been put to him and he just said something along the lines of "Yeah, we'll sort it at the end of the season. There's no rush, I'm not going anywhere", so everyone at the club is relaxed about it. Obviously this concept blows the minds of some football 'experts' who are used to seeing new contracts signed every five minutes to keep getting hikes in pay and secure a big pay off when it goes wrong.

I'm sure Nuno will sign his extension - however long it's for - and then he will be wholly committed to it as long as we stay committed to him.

Strange to see integrity in football

CodsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've been saying since the end of our glorious Championship season, he is more important than any other individual to Wolverhampton Wanderers so it is of the greatest importance to extend his contract not 2 years but 5. I later became aware just how crucial the whole backroom/medical staff are too. It seems to me, we have probably the best foundations for a football club in the whole Premiership. If we can keep Nuno and all the staff for 5 years or more I think we will be not only a massive force here but Europe as well.
But on the basis of your logic if he can walk in a year, and presumably his staff would follow him, we haven’t got any foundations at all! I am a huge fan of his but we have gone ‘all in’ on Nuno and we have a huge exposure there.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But on the basis of your logic if he can walk in a year, and presumably his staff would follow him, we haven’t got any foundations at all! I am a huge fan of his but we have gone ‘all in’ on Nuno and we have a huge exposure there.
I don't think Nuno is the sort of person to string the club along then, with a few weeks left, tell them hes off to Benfica or wherever. If he's not signing a new deal he will already have told the club and they will be looking at replacements.
I expect him to sign a new contract at some point, I think we would have heard proper rumours by now if he was leaving.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think Nuno is the sort of person to string the club along then, with a few weeks left, tell them hes off to Benfica or wherever. If he's not signing a new deal he will already have told the club and they will be looking at replacements.
I expect him to sign a new contract at some point, I think we would have heard proper rumours by now if he was leaving.
It's the kind of thing I like to hear. Do I believe it 100%? A man who never answers questions definitively and always goes "game by game"? Hard to know for sure, so I will not ever dare to assume that I know what he's going to do, or what his intentions are.
Up till now, he's always behaved appropriately, professionally and with seeming utmost respect for the club.
But I don't know him personally enough to not have doubts anyway.

But I still like to hear nice things, so a like from me.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guzzepi I can only say it seems unlikely that he would say the things he has then disappear over the horizon. But its football, who knows, I certainly don't. I'm pretty sure he will sign though and certainly there don't seem to be any rumours to the contrary.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guzzepi I can only say it seems unlikely that he would say the things he has then disappear over the horizon. But its football, who knows, I certainly don't. I'm pretty sure he will sign though and certainly there don't seem to be any rumours to the contrary.
I was under the impression that there is still a year to run on his contract. Or am I having a brain fart?

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You are not. He dies indeed have a year left.
Thank you. So, we can all agree that Nuno is not stupid, right?
Ergo, he will not do something as stupid as not wait a bit and see how serious the Lords and masters are in pushing forward towards new heights. In fact, thanks to Nuno not being stupid, we all can learn what's really in store for our future.

nomadwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
For the worriers....

Might help if think in seasons and not years...due lockdown at restart he had one and a quarter seasons left...and season now due end 26th Aug(?) in Germany

I prefer Nuno sign new contract having got 4th and won EL....or at least by start of new season in mid-September

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For the worriers....

Might help if think in seasons and not years...due lockdown at restart he had one and a quarter seasons left...and season now due end 26th Aug(?) in Germany

I prefer Nuno sign new contract having got 4th and won EL.
And it would certainly help the negotiations from his side of the table.

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno's contract will be based on what (if any) European competition we are playing in next season. Until that is resolved, there will be no pen on paper. I would imagine it'll be done in the week following the Chelsea game. Nothing to worry about.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haha a link on that page has Noel Whelan saying Celtic should sign Podence on loan.

Get the impression with Nuno that a contract may have been put to him and he just said something along the lines of "Yeah, we'll sort it at the end of the season. There's no rush, I'm not going anywhere", so everyone at the club is relaxed about it. Obviously this concept blows the minds of some football 'experts' who are used to seeing new contracts signed every five minutes to keep getting hikes in pay and secure a big pay off when it goes wrong.

I'm sure Nuno will sign his extension - however long it's for - and then he will be wholly committed to it as long as we stay committed to him.

Strange to see integrity in football
Re Podence, and apologies for the source, this may amuse you...

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno's contract will be based on what (if any) European competition we are playing in next season. Until that is resolved, there will be no pen on paper. I would imagine it'll be done in the week following the Chelsea game. Nothing to worry about.
I imagine it will be later, once he's given the resources he wants. IF, he's given what he wants, hence my previous post.

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have half the portuguese international side with management as well from the same country all put together by nuno, he has no reason to move on until he wins a major trophy in Europe and is looking for a new challenge so a new deal for him will be done.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have half the portuguese international side with management as well from the same country all put together by nuno, he has no reason to move on until he wins a major trophy in Europe and is looking for a new challenge so a new deal for him will be done.
I'm certainly hoping that Nuno is with us at least until we have won the Champions League....

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His contract negotiations probably arent as simple as people think. For a start he comes with an extensive team who he will undoubtedly be sorting as well. With the current global crisis im sure he will want assurances that the project is still on track and what fosuns future plans are. Lastly and most importantly for him, he's vastly underpaid compared to the top managers in the league, he'll want that addressed.

I have no concern that he wont sign and if he didnt, Id say that would be a massive warning signal as to what Fosuns future plans are

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I imagine it will be later, once he's given the resources he wants. IF, he's given what he wants, hence my previous post.

After yesterdays CAS ruling, I expect he'll be offered more than he has ever been offered previously. I expect we'll see some new nice new sponsors around Molineux for nice big fees and I would imagine, he already knows this will be the case.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After yesterdays CAS ruling, I expect he'll be offered more than he has ever been offered previously. I expect we'll see some new nice new sponsors around Molineux for nice big fees and I would imagine, he already knows this will be the case.
Fair enough. I was mainly referring to player purchases with regards to giving Nuno the resources he wants.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A contract is an irrelevance unless we’re taking him to court. If his hearts in it and he wants to be here it’s amazing for us. If one days he wants to leave, then it’s done anyway, piece of paper or not.
He’s Jorge’s best mate, he’s got all the control, I hope he stays. Contracts are for lawyers. Wenger just did a handshake.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A contract is an irrelevance unless we’re taking him to court. If his hearts in it and he wants to be here it’s amazing for us. If one days he wants to leave, then it’s done anyway, piece of paper or not.
He’s Jorge’s best mate, he’s got all the control, I hope he stays. Contracts are for lawyers. Wenger just did a handshake.
What him having a contract also does is effectively guarantee us a decent level of compensation if he does wish to go.

fev123

Groupie
Reaction score
Just to be clear, if there's any criticism here its of the club rather than Nuno. He last signed a contract 2 years ago. I would have liked to have seen the club, based on everything NES has done, offer him a deal that he was more than happy to sign to show our long term commitment to him and his team. He shouldn't be getting the same salary as the year we won promotion and the longer you leave it the less compensation a team would have to pay. Its obviously complex but the club should protect and reward its biggest asset.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just to be clear, if there's any criticism here its of the club rather than Nuno. He last signed a contract 2 years ago. I would have liked to have seen the club, based on everything NES has done, offer him a deal that he was more than happy to sign to show our long term commitment to him and his team. He shouldn't be getting the same salary as the year we won promotion and the longer you leave it the less compensation a team would have to pay. Its obviously complex but the club should protect and reward its biggest asset.
Several sweeping assumptions in that post.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You don't think the club have offered him a deal then or asked to talk about one? You also don't think he might have had a pay rise tied in to finishing top ten/qualifying for Europe (the players' bonuses went up for each of those so I'm sure Nuno would have benefitted financially somewhere).

I've no doubt that Jeff Shi knows exactly how important Nuno is to us but in the last three years we've learned that Nuno does things his way, and his way isn't always the norm

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can you imagine Nuno wanting to manage a whole load of Man Utd or Barcelona self preening prats ?

Rather than Neves, Moutinho Boly, Coady, Boly, Pautricio ., Otto Doherty ........

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
but is Nuno waiting to see if we reach CL? And if we don't, will he consider either a CL club if they came for him, or a 'big fish' in need eg Spurs

I know it's a project etc etc but it's definitely squeaky bum time the next few weeks, both on and off the pitch. I'd like to think the ****ed up calendar will work in our favour, both in terms of keeping players and Nuno adding a year or two to his contract, minimum
I'd agree that Nuno is waiting for the end of the season and depending on where we finish/what we qualify for (Mendes) will base his negotiating stance on that.
But I disagree that he will be off if we don't make the CL. He has a hand-picked backroom team and a hand-picked football squad to work with. He's very close to the CL with the squad he has and will probably ask for more Fosun investment to take us to the next level next season rather than rip it all up and start again elsewhere.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope Nuno is okay

First there was the John Percy story about him missing his family, hasn't seem then for two months

Then comments today reported by Tim Spiers about only a couple of days off before Olympiacos and quarantine.... Saying "it's like a prison"

Hopefully Fosun will do everything they can to accommodate his wishes, short and long term

Nerve wracking, and not good for attracting players, if we start new season with no new deal and more positive vibes

Fingers crossed

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope Nuno is okay

First there was the John Percy story about him missing his family, hasn't seem then for two months

Then comments today reported by Tim Spiers about only a couple of days off before Olympiacos and quarantine.... Saying "it's like a prison"

Hopefully Fosun will do everything they can to accommodate his wishes, short and long term

Nerve wracking, and not good for attracting players, if we start new season with no new deal and more positive vibes

Fingers crossed

I must admit, I'm just a little bit concerned regarding Nuno right now. He's seemed gloomier, a little jaded, at times even morose, since the restart and I am fearful that lockdown, football without fans and the continued situation with 14-day quarantine for those flying into the UK from Portugal (which is keeping him apart from his family) is getting to him. His decision-making in the last six games has seemed a bit more haphazard and hit-and-miss than what we're used to as well. I'm not for one minute suggesting he wants to leave Wolves, simply that he doesn't look as though he's enjoying life as a coach in the new Covid-19 reality. Maybe we all need to write and tell him how much we love him to help him get through this period?

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is obviously struggling personally with not being able to see his family, understandably so. I really feel for him to be honest. Hopefully he’ll get the chance to go and see them soon. I also hope that he is the first signing of the summer with a new 5 year contract!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I must admit, I'm just a little bit concerned regarding Nuno right now. He's seemed gloomier, a little jaded, at times even morose, since the restart and I am fearful that lockdown, football without fans and the continued situation with 14-day quarantine for those flying into the UK from Portugal (which is keeping him apart from his family) is getting to him. His decision-making in the last six games has seemed a bit more haphazard and hit-and-miss than what we're used to as well. I'm not for one minute suggesting he wants to leave Wolves, simply that he doesn't look as though he's enjoying life as a coach in the new Covid-19 reality. Maybe we all need to write and tell him how much we love him to help him get through this period?
Me too, love the guy to bits and he’s definitely struggling mentally with it all. He needs a break, maybe Rui Silva could take charge of pre-season, give Nuno a month or two away with his family? Family always comes first, it has to, and right now I don’t blame Nuno if he doesn’t wanna sign. He’s such an intense, relentless character I think the lockdown has taken a huge toll on him. Just wanna give him a cuddle!

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It made me sad to read Nuno feels like this right now, he is someone who thrives off the fans too so both his family and the crowds missing appear to be massively affecting him. Wouldn't be suprised if he delays signing a new contract until the situation is clearer, if he isnt enjoying the new situation then that makes sense. I was thinking that if we beat Olympiakos and go to Germany his family could fly there to see him as they have no quarentine restrictions currently, but that could change of corse over the next week or so.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Isnt Nuno meant to be building a new house in Tettenhall? ....... can't imagine he's building it to rent out.

Mrs E

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I too believe it badly affects him he loves the relationship with the fans. He always mentions it he misses the interaction. Let’s hope we get to return sooner rather than later

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i also feel like his value is at a maximum just now, and unless fosun are massively going to pull out the stops (eg dias etc) then he will be thinking about the future

will not be good if we go into new season and he just runs contract down

Back
Top Bottom