Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nuno's Contract

nomadwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm sure Nuno and Wolves were always going to sort the contract after season end, as big difference in salary and transfer numbers between:-

1) No European football
2) Europa League footy
3) ...and the ever more likely Champions League

nomadwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Talks with the Portuguese manager have been on-going during lockdown and the finishing touches are now being applied to a contract that will run until 2023.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Nuno is suited to Wolves , I can’t see him wanting to take charge of a pack of Premiership players that he has not hand picked .
But his reluctance to play anybody outside a very small number of players would make me think he will want to have guaranteed funds and support. He can’t be pleased with those on the bench or he would play them.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fantastic news if true.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No other top team would allow Nuno the control he has at Wolves. I'm sure he's more than aware of this. The grass isn't always greener (even if the pay is).

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
Nuno is the glue that holds it all together. The most important piece in the puzzle.
Not perfect, but no one is, but the greatest manager we will likely ever get in the rest of all our lifetimes.
NO, no, don't even say that, not even in jest, without ambition we will never, ever, be able to attract Dean Smith

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Talks with the Portuguese manager have been on-going during lockdown and the finishing touches are now being applied to a contract that will run until 2023.

Thanks for the info. Anyone know when his present contract expires? Is this a 1 or 2 year extension?

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brilliant news if true. I have kept my silence since Weds with all the moaning about him in other threads but without doubt Nuno and his team will be this summers most important signings.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When Nuno was tentatively linked with Chelsea, pre Lampard, a Chelsea mate of mine said that they would not want him. I think he would be on a hiding to nothing by going to another English club of a simailar size to us or bigger. As someone else mentioned, he is a good fit for us and would not find the same kind of appreciation anywhere else. If and when he does eventually move on I feel it would probably be abroad.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When Nuno was tentatively linked with Chelsea, pre Lampard, a Chelsea mate of mine said that they would not want him. I think he would be on a hiding to nothing by going to another English club of a simailar size to us or bigger. As someone else mentioned, he is a good fit for us and would not find the same kind of appreciation anywhere else. If and when he does eventually move on I feel it would probably be abroad.
Have to agree with that. Round pegs for round holes.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great news. Nuno best manager we've had since McGarry, so makes sense to get him signed up. Hopefully, he will surpass the achievements of the 70s team and who knows we can start to compare him to Stan. That would be living the dream.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve heard that he said after the match today that the rumours of him nearly signing a new contract are incorrect?

Mrs E

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t imagine he’ll get distracted with contract talks until the season end whenever that might be

Y

Yout85

Nuno is the glue that holds it all together. The most important piece in the puzzle.

Not perfect, but no one is, but the greatest manager we will likely ever get in the rest of all our lifetimes.

We are lucky to have him.

You should never use glue when doing a puzzle.

Ruins it for anyone wanting to do it in the future.

D

Deleted member 5635

Didn’t Britney say Nuno was close though IIRC. Unless that was Boly.

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn’t Britney say Nuno was close though IIRC. Unless that was Boly.
I love the fact that people still thinks he has a clue.
I’d rather ask titch- who seemed to know the lineup change for today’s game yesterday

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can’t see that the club would normally let this run down. It must be because we are still in season?

Unless of course the contract is contingent on where we finish (on both sides)?

Admittedly is a little bit of a concern

D

Deleted member 5635

I can’t see that the club would normally let this run down. It must be because we are still in season?

Unless of course the contract is contingent on where we finish (on both sides)?

Admittedly is a little bit of a concern
I think it’s just Nuno and the club not having anything distract them while the seasons still going on (I hope so anyway)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mrs E

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His contract is to next summer. Surely it’s obvious he is not going to get distracted at the moment with so many games still to prepare for
Plenty of time at the end of this season

D

Deleted member 5962

His contract is to next summer. Surely it’s obvious he is not going to get distracted at the moment with so many games still to prepare for
Plenty of time at the end of this season

Depending how far we get in the Europa league, there will be literally no time at the end of the season.

Tezthewolvesfan

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The club want him and both he and the club are relaxed about the situation. No rush or distractions......He will sign im sure.

C

Can't B Arsed Wolf

I've been saying since the end of our glorious Championship season, he is more important than any other individual to Wolverhampton Wanderers so it is of the greatest importance to extend his contract not 2 years but 5. I later became aware just how crucial the whole backroom/medical staff are too. It seems to me, we have probably the best foundations for a football club in the whole Premiership. If we can keep Nuno and all the staff for 5 years or more I think we will be not only a massive force here but Europe as well.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sums things up for me

Yet another so-called football insider writing click bait rubbish who knows the square root of jack**** about what is actually going on at Wolves. Perhaps Nuno is running down his contact to join the Vile lol....

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
but is Nuno waiting to see if we reach CL? And if we don't, will he consider either a CL club if they came for him, or a 'big fish' in need eg Spurs

I know it's a project etc etc but it's definitely squeaky bum time the next few weeks, both on and off the pitch. I'd like to think the ****ed up calendar will work in our favour, both in terms of keeping players and Nuno adding a year or two to his contract, minimum

D

Deleted member 5962

We will have a few weeks . We have 3 very important games and then Europa league Id prefer him to focus on them rather than his contract right now

The final is the same weekend as the most likely date for the restart of the PL IIRC. The biggest gap of time we will have between now and the next season would be between the league ending and el beginning. assuming we make it into the final. Would also mean we would need to do any summer signings while the squad and coaching staff are in germany, with us having no pre-season to bed them in as Nuno seems to prefer. (Again assuming we go any further than we are now)

Back
Top Bottom