Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nuno

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have been quietly following the results of al-ittihad (because of Nuno) over recent weeks and was aware of where they were in the League, it is there's to lose now there main threats are the team of CR7 al nassr, with 6 games to play Nuno's team are 3 points ahead with a game in hand , the two players that most of us would be familiar with would be Ahmed Hegazi who used to play with our own Craig Dawson at the poorthorns, and former Wolf Helder Costa.

Thanks to the OP for posting this topic, Nuno deserves everything that comes his way, and I to hope we will see him at Molineux again in some capacity.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I feel the same as everyone else, the entire Nuno era was like a fairytale and we were all actually living the dream!! The ‘Nuno had a dream’ dream!!

As I always say, he had a charisma that could be seen from Space.

Not cut enough slack for the events he had to deal with in his final season, when we still finished 12th!

Anyway, the party’s over now, but what a party it was!!!!!!!!

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno will always be my favourite manager, he bought the club, the players and the fans together like no other has, he always carried himself with dignity but with a passion simmering underneath which is why I think our fanbase for the most part was so in love with the man, and I think that love was reciprocated.

I'm hoping once JL gets the players he wants he too can create something akin to what Nuno did but he's going to have to go some to create a bond as strong as the one I felt under Nuno

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well done Nuno - still love the man dearly for all he did for the club and maybe our paths will cross again in the future.

A truly unbelievable first 3 years in charge. The best.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The description doesn't even quite match the drama, I highly recommend viewing.

First, the missed penalty is a panenka. Then, the player sent off is dismissed for spitting (note, there are no puffed out cheeks and you can see the spit travel very clearly, as you would have if Podence had actually spat), then the penalty Nuno's side gets is awarded by VAR, and the penalty taker adopts an almost identical technique to the guy who missed.... that takes some balls.

Mad game!
What a recommendation. I love the Panenka winner after the previous one was missed.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love Nuno and always will.

Just thinking, Nuno took us from Championship obscurity to 7th in the Prem. Thwarted by lockdown as I think he fed off and fuelled the crowd. What would JL have to achieve to match his legacy?

I’m suggesting winning the FA Cup.
UEFA qualification. Not next season, I'm willing to have a season or two of improving and building.

Bloxwolf

Reaction score
Well done Nuno - still love the man dearly for all he did for the club and maybe our paths will cross again in the future.

A truly unbelievable first 3 years in charge. The best.
He had a genuine connection with the club,city and supporters.A true legend but circumstances robbed him and us of achieving our full potential.Saddens me but I hope we’ve found a good fit in jl

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I feel the same as everyone else, the entire Nuno era was like a fairytale and we were all actually living the dream!! The ‘Nuno had a dream’ dream!!

As I always say, he had a charisma that could be seen from Space.

Not cut enough slack for the events he had to deal with in his final season, when we still finished 12th!

Anyway, the party’s over now, but what a party it was!!!!!!!!
Well said, well said.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Was just thinking... I absolutely loved Nuno, took us to two 7th placed finishes and a European Quarter Final.

What I haven't understood is when he has been linked to Jobs such as Leeds,Everton and others. There has been a snobbish approach from those fans saying they don't want him due to his style of play both have now got Dyche and Alladyce

If he had took over Leeds/Everton they would be in much better positions than now.
Even Saint Bielsa didn't get close to what Nuno achieved yet somehow he wasn't good enough for them.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was just thinking... I absolutely loved Nuno, took us to two 7th placed finishes and a European Quarter Final.

What I haven't understood is when he has been linked to Jobs such as Leeds,Everton and others. There has been a snobbish approach from those fans saying they don't want him due to his style of play both have now got Dyche and Alladyce

If he had took over Leeds/Everton they would be in much better positions than now.
Even Saint Bielsa didn't get close to what Nuno achieved yet somehow he wasn't good enough for them.
**** 'em!!!

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The best thing about this thread? No "...but...".

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No offence to Lopetegui, but I'm not sure I'll ever love another manager how I loved (and still love) Nuno. I mean of course what he achieved is a big part of that, but I never felt like that about Turner for all the great things he did. Nuno just has something very special.

It felt like something unique and special quite early on, way before any achievements. That first match v Boro (and the friendly v Leicester the week before), I'd never seen a Wolves team play that way. The confidence on the ball throughout the team. The way Neves, Jota, Boly etc looked a league ahead of anything the opponents had. And from there it just got better.

Can't underestimate the job Nuno and his staff did for the club. To take what was effectively a Championship club up and do better than any promoted team this century. That's special. I know we spent a bit, but so do plenty of teams in that division, and anybody whose watched Chelsea recently will know that money by itself doesnt' mean much.

I think there's a chance Nuno will come back at some point. Unfinished business.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It felt like something unique and special quite early on, way before any achievements. That first match v Boro (and the friendly v Leicester the week before), I'd never seen a Wolves team play that way. The confidence on the ball throughout the team. The way Neves, Jota, Boly etc looked a league ahead of anything the opponents had. And from there it just got better.

I think there's a chance Nuno will come back at some point. Unfinished business.

Brucey on the 24th of November : “I’m not too concerned about Wolves. We’re only a third of the way through the season. It’s a long winter. And the crucial part is the winter."

We only lost once between him saying that, and near the end of February.

SevernWolf

Groupie
Reaction score

Brian Law’s buses

Reaction score
Everytime I hear Everybody Wants to Rule the World I just get transported back to all the good times under Nuno.

The club nailed it with this tribute though, hard to watch it without a tear or two.

Wow, not watched that since it first came out, so many great memories came flooding back of his time with us. Real tear jerkers, after finishing watching it just stared at my blank screen. The whole team, fans, players and board all as one. Fingers crossed we can get back to this.

Brizzlewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What a superb tribute, missed this at the time so its nice to see it now.

We've spent a shed load more since he left, are we better? No.
Lage was abysmal. Hated his appointment and despite some decent results he just wasn't good enough.

Jury out on Lepotegui. Need some better signings because they've been abysmal the last few Windows, very few exceptions, Joao Gomes the obvious one.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everytime I hear Everybody Wants to Rule the World I just get transported back to all the good times under Nuno.

The club nailed it with this tribute though, hard to watch it without a tear or two.

The Nuno era wasn't real was it? It felt like a very long dream to me. I don't think anybody could have envisioned where Nuno took us when we were relegated to League One five years before that era began. At our peak, every team in the Premier League feared playing against us. That European adventure which started against Crusaders and ended so brutally against Sevilla (what if Raul had buried that penalty like he does 99/100 times?).

Let's hope Julen can recreate those memories by sending us back to Europe playing some scintillating football. Massive summer ahead to rebuild this squad and get us back on track.

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a superb tribute, missed this at the time so its nice to see it now.

We've spent a shed load more since he left, are we better? No.
Lage was abysmal. Hated his appointment and despite some decent results he just wasn't good enough.

Jury out on Lepotegui. Need some better signings because they've been abysmal the last few Windows, very few exceptions, Joao Gomes the obvious one.
Apparently it took JL three transfer windows to get Seville going, so I am prepared to give him that time before making judgement. Hopefully we will start next season with a more promising team and some justified optimism.

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently it took JL three transfer windows to get Seville going, so I am prepared to give him that time before making judgement. Hopefully we will start next season with a more promising team and some justified optimism.
He led Sevilla to European glory and the first of three consecutive 4th placed finishes in his first season there, but they did spend almost £200m that summer. It was a net spend of £60m when you factor in the £130m of players sold in the same summer though.

There was a massive emphasis on improving the spine of the team that season - three strikers, three centre midfielders, three centre-backs, and three wingers.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He led Sevilla to European glory and the first of three consecutive 4th placed finishes in his first season there, but they did spend almost £200m that summer. It was a net spend of £60m when you factor in the £130m of players sold in the same summer though.

There was a massive emphasis on improving the spine of the team that season - three strikers, three centre midfielders, three centre-backs, and three wingers.

If we're to be bothering the other end of the table next season, I suspect it would take a similar shakeup and overhaul. I'm all for it by the way.

If selling Neves (inevitable anyway) enables a root and branch strengthening of the first XI, then it needs doing.

I try not to push my negative feelings on a player that overall I love, but for me, the captaincy hasn't improved Neves, I'm not saying it's made him worse but I feel we could use a better captain in any case.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Then let's hope that he continues the rule of three,
3 goalkeepers. :expressionless:

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brucey on the 24th of November : “I’m not too concerned about Wolves. We’re only a third of the way through the season. It’s a long winter. And the crucial part is the winter."

We only lost once between him saying that, and near the end of February.

It didn't seem to stop raining from November to March that season, either! In my memory, it was deluge after deluge at our matches. The rain only stopped for the snow to fall.

And I still think we'd have won the Europa league if it had been a regular season, 2 leg matches, in front of a home crowd. We'd already beaten Man Utd several times in the year or so before, so nothing to fear there in the Semi.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It didn't seem to stop raining from November to March that season, either! In my memory, it was deluge after deluge at our matches. The rain only stopped for the snow to fall.

And I still think we'd have won the Europa league if it had been a regular season, 2 leg matches, in front of a home crowd. We'd already beaten Man Utd several times in the year or so before, so nothing to fear there in the Semi.

Obviously I’m wearing Wolves tinted glasses here, but I truly believe we could have got to at least the Europa final had it not been for the COVID-19 impact.

Thought Molineux was electric in the FA Cup QF? Sevilla at home would have been something else.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Obviously I’m wearing Wolves tinted glasses here, but I truly believe we could have got to at least the Europa final had it not been for the COVID-19 impact.

Thought Molineux was electric in the FA Cup QF? Sevilla at home would have been something else.
Agree but the Olympiacos game could have been different with a crowd,.....we could have easily lost the away leg if they had a crowd .....I do agree we needed the molineux crowd to best Seville.......

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom