Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nuno

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Seeing that makes me miss Nuno, I've gotta say; JL is fantastic etc, but Nuno just had that Je ne sais quoi with us.

For me, he is the father of our rise, and will always be part of the Wolves family. A golden time.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love it. Glad to see him doing well.

As Spurs have shown since his departure, they were the problem - not Nuno. Still a top manager. I have no doubt we’ll see him in the opposition dugout again in the next couple of years.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like he had a Cardiff moment for his club last night.

1-1 going into last minute against a side that could have gone to within three points of Nuno's side with a win.

The away side miss an 89th minute penalty, Nuno's side have a player sent off on 95, and then Nuno's ten men score a penalty winner in the 106th(!) minute to win 2-1. Now six points clear in the title race and nine clear of the side they beat.

Last edited:

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

1-1 going into last minute against a side that could have gone to within three points of Nuno's side with a win.

The away side miss an 89th minute penalty, Nuno's side have a player sent off on 95, and then Nuno's ten men score a penalty winner in the 106th(!) minute to win 2-1. Now six points clear in the title race and nine clear of the side they beat.
The description doesn't even quite match the drama, I highly recommend viewing.

First, the missed penalty is a panenka. Then, the player sent off is dismissed for spitting (note, there are no puffed out cheeks and you can see the spit travel very clearly, as you would have if Podence had actually spat), then the penalty Nuno's side gets is awarded by VAR, and the penalty taker adopts an almost identical technique to the guy who missed.... that takes some balls.

Mad game!

Last edited:

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The description doesn't even quite match the drama, I highly recommend viewing.

First, the missed penalty is a rabona. Then, the player sent off is dismissed for spitting (note, there are no puffed out cheeks and you can see the spit travel very clearly, as you would have if Podence had actually spat), then the penalty Nuno's side gets is awarded by VAR, and the penalty taker adopts an almost identical technique to the guy who missed.... that takes some balls.

Mad game!
Yeah, I couldn't believe it, have added the video below now.

Don't get me started on VAR in that league for those handballs...

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Wow, great video, thanks for sharing.

Huge Kudos to the player scoring the winning penalty. The missed penalty in the 89th minute was chipped down the middle and caught by the goalkeeper.

Then to chip your penalty down the middle and score in the 106th minute after that has happened to the other team is just incredible!!

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me Nuno will always be the peak.
Things have to happen organically and it just seemed like the right person at the right time for the club, and during a period of my life where I could really enjoy my football too.
I see people the generation of people before me reminisce over the England team in the 90's through a different lens than me. And this is how how I feel about Nuno's team.
I stuck up for Coady in the Dawson thread the other day. I just can't feel anywhere as good about this team as i did about the one 3-4 years ago.

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So good to see him happy and doing well again.

Will love that man forever!
This is the thing, no - I think he suffered as much as us or even more; COVID, Raul, us falling away a bit, crowd less warm than before etc etc.

He looked a shadow of himself by the end and then at Spurs etc.

So fantastic to see him with, seemingly, his mojo and his burning spirit right back.

Made my week that has.

Back
Top Bottom