Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nuno: Yes or No?

Would you appoint Nuno?

• Total voters

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Jeff potentially got the wrong impression of fans opinions of Nuno from social media when they decided to get rid of him
100%

He said in the summer after it that online negativity plays a big part, and that whole season was viewed remotely by everyone who after a game would immediately log on to whatever site and throw in their two penneth worth, with no stadium fans around to gauge how they felt about the situation

I think Shi would have been genuinely shocked before the last game with thousands of fans on Waterloo Road chanting "Nuno Santo, we want you to stay"

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d welcome him back but surely there are better options. I find it bizarre we can spend £100m on players but are reluctant to spend on a manager to get the best out of them. Emery would be my choice and there are a few others that I’d take ahead of Nuno but there’s plenty I’d have behind him.

It’s not a case of just buying a manager like Emery, we could probably afford him, it’s selling him that leaving a CL club that he’s won Europa with is worth it to join a club in a relegation battle with very little margin for error.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
If Nuno did come back I'd want his full team of backroom staff too. We were highly professional in everything from bedding new players into the team, state-of-the-art rest and recovery, pre-match warm ups (which was very half-***** under Lage), and our medical team was top notch. In comparison, everything under Lage behind the scenes seemed like an amateur shambles. Nuno insisted on very high standards.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Actually, I could deal with Nuno coming back if Shi is replaced by someone who actually knows what they're doing.

That way, we at least wouldn't end up in this mess again.

It would be better if Shi decided to do what Spurs did, get a good DoF let him deal with the footballing side of things whilst Shi does all the business stuff.

But now that wont happen because of them selling their soul to Gestifute and Mendes

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only time Nuno ever lost me personally was when he played a weakened side against S'hampton in the 5th round of the Cup.

You can definitely caveat the lockdown season and obvious lack of atmosphere. I don't buy all this going back never works. It's such a vague remark. Of course sometimes it doesn't, on other occasions it has. Look at West Ham.

The reality is though we shouldn't even be considering it. Not because of 'not going back' but because of moving forward. Why are we seemingly so incapable of doing that? I get the Lopetegui circumstances, but he's not the only good manager in the world out there.

Why not for once, make a real statement. Maybe even poach another teams manager and pay the necessary requirement. Instead of seemingly panicking at the first sign of a bump in the road?

superwolves

Reaction score
100%

He said in the summer after it that online negativity plays a big part, and that whole season was viewed remotely by everyone who after a game would immediately log on to whatever site and throw in their two penneth worth, with no stadium fans around to gauge how they felt about the situation

I think Shi would have been genuinely shocked before the last game with thousands of fans on Waterloo Road chanting "Nuno Santo, we want you to stay"
Yes I agree he had no fans in the stadium to truly get a feel of opinion other than what he could see online with Nuno out threads etc. Half the time I'd guess stuff gets started online from non wolves fans just on the wind up playing on people's vulnerability after a defeat

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The proposition of having Nuno back is ludicrous..simple as that.
Will work fine with Jeff n Scott don´t you think?
Come on.
Get serious.

Monk

Groupie
Reaction score
Will be interesting Saturday if things aren't going terribly well - I really beleive that "Nuno had a dream" will resurface given the current voting in being around 60% in favour of his return

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
If he's in the dugout on Saturday (pretty sure he won't be) the ground would be absolutely bouncing. Nuno's name would be belted out relentlessly, because even people who have some reservations still love him.

But if we're two down at half time all that will go. You can only appoint him if he's the right man, not because the fans love him.

Given the circumstances he's probably not THE right man, he's just a righter man than the men who seem to be available.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No second time is never a charm and he'd be risking his legacy with us

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s not a case of just buying a manager like Emery, we could probably afford him, it’s selling him that leaving a CL club that he’s won Europa with is worth it to join a club in a relegation battle with very little margin for error.
I fully understand that but we seem to be dithering. Quite why they are interviewing Rob Edwards for anything when our sole priority should be getting a new manager is a mystery. The best managers tend to be employed and to attract them you need to pay, maybe Emery is not interested but there are lots of others in work who would be. Clearly they wanted Lopetegui but now that’s dead in the water they need to act fast and pay the going rate if they aren’t going to go for a manager available straight away. Maybe they are but there’s little evidence they are and the Edwards story suggests they’re fiddling whilst Rome burns.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Olmo was never coming here, he was always going to Germany, that's where he wanted to go

Was reported that Nuno vetoed Hwang at least once
Correct Olmo turned Man Utd down to go to Germany so no way he would have come, also true about Hwang

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let’s start with outcomes:

Europa League QF, FA Cup Semi Final, Championship Champions, 2 x 7th place finishes..

No one can deny his achievements in those first two seasons in the PL (although that FA Cup debacle will live with me for years), but I'm yet to be convinced that a return would be the answer to our current dilemma. As a matter of interest, why did he leave in the first place as this has never been fully understood ?

What would help right now (although its not going to happen) is a list of interested parties that the club would like to speak to and then we'd have a better understanding of what size pool the club is fishing in.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With regards to his last season in charge; we ended up with a child up front and then Willian Jose, we had no fans around, the squad/team he had to choose from was worse than the squad/team of today ANNNNNNND we managed to get to 13th. The football was dire to watch, agreed, but that was compared to what we were used to before and not to what we have been served up minus the odd game for the last year.

I’m on board.

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No.

After Nuno's last season of awfulness with such turgid football under the current circumstances I can only see a continuation of that rather than some romantic reunion.

We need new fresh ideas not a rerun.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No one can deny his achievements in those first two seasons in the PL (although that FA Cup debacle will live with me for years), but I'm yet to be convinced that a return would be the answer to our current dilemma. As a matter of interest, why did he leave in the first place as this has never been fully understood ?

What would help right now (although its not going to happen) is a list of interested parties that the club would like to speak to and then we'd have a better understanding of what size pool the club is fishing in.

Same. But I look at it as I genuinely never thought I’d see Wolves at Wembley, so to get there and have that experience (for 79 mins at least) was an incredible moment as a Wolves fan for me.

Whilst I don’t blame him, if I was to point the finger at anyone it would be Dendoncker for his momentary lapse of concentration rather than Nuno. The subs made were because they were blowing out of their ****.

Also, it didn’t help that Delefeiou had a once in a lifetime freakishly good performance that we couldn’t cope with.

GY Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago there'd have been about 10% voting yes in the poll. What's going on? Is everyone losing their minds?

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why is it?

Because people are pining over a guy that in his last season with us oversaw us fail to score a goal in over a third of our games and a guy whose negative tactics cost us in every big game we played. Watford, Sevilla, Sheff Utd, Burnley and more.

Why does anybody think he is the answer when a part of our negative mindset and the players lack of forward thinking stems from his time at the club?!?

Back
Top Bottom