Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nuno not happy with squad

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Speaking of dead wood I see that Jordao and Campana can't even make Famalicao's bench tonight. Why is Olofinjana sending players out to clubs where they are not getting game time ? It is in nobody's interests to do so.
That's pretty bad

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Speaking of dead wood I see that Jordao and Campana can't even make Famalicao's bench tonight. Why is Olofinjana sending players out to clubs where they are not getting game time ? It is in nobody's interests to do so.
Conor Ronan has done really well on his last two loans.

he is someone who it is a travesty hasn’t been given a chance since the overplaying damage injury to his spine when he broke into the first team.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We've had players on loan and given them less game time than those two. Vitinha, for example. 1 start in the league is it? In half a season. If Jonny was fit, RAN would be in the same position. Would only have played cup matches.

Familicao don't exist just to develop our players. They're struggling and they would have played if they are fit and the manager believes they are right for the team. Presumably he doesn't.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've had players on loan and given them less game time than those two. Vitinha, for example. 1 start in the league is it? In half a season. If Jonny was fit, RAN would be in the same position. Would only have played cup matches.

Familicao don't exist just to develop our players. They're struggling and they would have played if they are fit and the manager believes they are right for the team. Presumably he doesn't.
I would have been happy to see Jordao back here instead of MGW. He did look ok in the under 23s and the game he played in the first team and got injured. Campana - well has anyone seen him? Does anyone know anything about him?
Came here as a young exciting prospect but that is all.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would have been happy to see Jordao back here instead of MGW. He did look ok in the under 23s and the game he played in the first team and got injured. Campana - well has anyone seen him? Does anyone know anything about him?
Goal on debut for jordao too!!! Was a long ranger that the keeper would have stopped if he hadn’t have rubbed butter on his gloves instead of glove glu lol

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On campana mate:

so according to Phil Vickery - not the chef who days day time telly and supports wolves..... but the South American football expert, campana was an odd signing for us as yes he is a decent young player. He is actually the son of a major family in the country and that helped give him chances that others deserved at age grade, even though he did better than expected, he isn’t going to probably ever play for the club.

I am not being negative, I am simply sharing the words I remember so well from a guy whose opinion I trust on anything or anyone coming out of South America.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Campana arrived with his very own high production value movie. Wolves put a good amount of money into that video, as if we were signing a world superstar. At least three cinema cameras, gimbals, sliders, an array of lenses if you look at the many angles and focal lengths they used - he must have done the shots walking down the corridor numerous times. The players meeting him would have all been prompted from waiting positions, retakes, getting the lighting spot on.

The lanky streak hasn't been seen anywhere near Wolverhampton ever since the cameras were packed away.

R

reanswolf

Campana arrived with his very own high production value movie. Wolves put a good amount of money into that video, as if we were signing a world superstar. At least three cinema cameras, gimbals, sliders, an array of lenses if you look at the many angles and focal lengths they used - he must have done the shots walking down the corridor numerous times. The players meeting him would have all been prompted from waiting positions, retakes, getting the lighting spot on.

The lanky streak hasn't been seen anywhere near Wolverhampton ever since the cameras were packed away.
You really would expect our coaches to see past that.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I agree. I have to laugh when posters get so indignant that other clubs aren't playing our players. How dare they!!! All clubs will play whoever they think will be in the best interests of their team at the time. They have no obligation to play our players and it's up to our players to force their way into the teams that they are loaned-out to. Part of the reason they can't is because they are not good enough or don't have the right mind-set to do so. It's part of the reason they aren't pressing for a first team place at Wolves and are loaned-out in the first place.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I remember it well. He also met Raul and gave the impression that he would be challenging for Raul's place very quickly. I had not heard of Campana and (as usual :rolleyes: ) was taken in by the hype. I guess time is still on his side, at 20, but he needs to start proving himself and demonstrating why we signed him.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Campana was surely signed as a favour done by/for Mendes? Given the position of his family in Ecuador seems the most likely explanation.
The loan player I can't understand this season is Dion Sanderson - rave reviews in Champ last season, Can barely get a game in League One this season

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Campana was surely signed as a favour done by/for Mendes? Given the position of his family in Ecuador seems the most likely explanation.
The loan player I can't understand this season is Dion Sanderson - rave reviews in Champ last season, Can barely get a game in League One this season
As I said in my post, the fact his family has major sway in the home country gave him opportunities that local reporters said he didn’t deserve. Tim Vickery is always honest and far more often right than he is wrong about players being good or bad from a skill or technical standpoint, the fact he kept mentioning the family and all the connections I was very concerned about the signing.

I would lean into mendes doing someone else a favour this time as getting Campana the move and all the exposure may help uncle jorge fish in the ecuadorian pond more or have better access links than he has now in the country to get the talent earlier.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am not saying he is better than MGW, but Ronan was in the first team just before Nuno came in and doing really really well.

Also when I have watched him a fair few times playing U21 for Ireland, he was often one of the best players on the park and controlled the ball and used it well going forward to create chances.

he is very highly rated by coaches in the Irish set up and from a lad I went to uni with who works in it, Ireland cannot believe he hasn’t been given a chance since he recovered from a spinal injury caused by overplaying/overload at a young age.

I just believe he should have been given or should get a chance soon by nuno.

look at this Twitter, he is obsessed with footy and like Jordao, is desperate to play for the club. Still has wolves as his pictures, banners and club give the lad a chance! He wants to play for the club and has shown at international U21 level he is a talent, it is just baffling he isn’t getting a chance.

Last edited:

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problem is as classy as Ronan looked, he hasn't took his opportunities like MGW, except in one Carling Cup game.

MGW has put in performances at premier league level although long overdue and has now look very good at championship level.

Ronan at an older age than MGW struggled at league 1 and now abroad, and i tipped Ronan to be better.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problem is as classy as Ronan looked, he hasn't took his opportunities like MGW, except in one Carling Cup game.

MGW has put in performances at premier league level although long overdue and has now look very good at championship level.

Ronan at an older age than MGW is currently struggled at league 1 and now abroad, and i tipped Ronan to be better.
I didn’t say he was better than MGW, just that it is baffling that he hasn’t been given a chance to show nuno what he can do. He had his development stopped due to micro fractures in his spine...... and wasn’t fully fit when nuno arrived because of this injury.

Ronan has done well on the pitch everywhere he has gone, unlike most of our loanees he actually plays at his loan clubs making double digit appearances there. He is actually doing very well at his current loan club and Blackpool fought tooth and nail to get him back...... you don’t do that for a failure.

I watch him regularly for Ireland, he plays the 10 role and has excelled in nearly every game and against an Italy U21 team with lots of seria A experience he was the best player on the pitch. This is a claim MGW cannot make.......

not taking a stab at you, but have you watched Conor play since left wolves for the Ireland u21’s? If you did you might see there is one hell of a player there.

he at least deserves a chance, he is an extremely talented player and is an attack minded midfielder. He has goals and assists at every level he has played at, more than MGW by comparison. In many many fewer games he has the same number of assists as MGW in a wolves shirt - ONE

to dismiss Ronan because he hasn’t had the same opportunities is crazy, when he is clearly delivering at U21 international level again something MGW is yet to do as he is the measuring stick you wish to use.

I think MGW will be a good player with time, but I think Ronan is a fantastic player also.

Last edited:

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Video of assists from one of his loan moves........

Ronan can whip in a cracking dead ball!!!!

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As I said in my post, the fact his family has major sway in the home country gave him opportunities that local reporters said he didn’t deserve. Tim Vickery is always honest and far more often right than he is wrong about players being good or bad from a skill or technical standpoint, the fact he kept mentioning the family and all the connections I was very concerned about the signing.

I would lean into mendes doing someone else a favour this time as getting Campana the move and all the exposure may help uncle jorge fish in the ecuadorian pond more or have better access links than he has now in the country to get the talent earlier.
This take on the situation seems very plausible. We have much to thank Mendes for in the first couple of years of Nuno's tenure (without him we would have been unable to get top class players into the Championship). However, the talk of doing him favours, if true, is shameful. How else can we make sense of the signing of Silva, which seems to me to be one of the most overpriced players ever.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This take on the situation seems very plausible. We have much to thank Mendes for in the first couple of years of Nuno's tenure (without him we would have been unable to get top class players into the Championship). However, the talk of doing him favours, if true, is shameful. How else can we make sense of the signing of Silva, which seems to me to be one of the most overpriced players ever.
Sadly highland wolf, football is a business now probably as much as it is a sport.

the top agents only keep their power and ability to milk exorbitant fees if they keep the top talent moving and always have the best “product”
To sell.

This means they and their agencies must get the access to sign up the hottest talent as quickly as they can to beat the other ones to the punch.

Look at how agents buy players clothes, boots and even in one case I saw personally they paid for a team mates dad to get a better car, they know that with these bets and little outlays here and there as there is potentially good money to be made from the players in the future.

by doing favours for clubs every so often they take a cheaper fee to move a talent on to line their pockets (agent) and in the future they slide one/two back their way depending on how well the player they moved has done for them interms of commission on the first/second

so doc changed agents to mendes, then moved to Spurs who are managed by his best managerial client in mourinho in terms of fees and %’s he takes from the severance and joining payments.

look at Riola, he tries like hell to get stupid timescales to introduce criminally low buy out clauses. It forces clubs to sell before the want if the player smashes it and the buy out clause is lower then their current market rate. It is why UTD walked away from Haaland, but Dortmund didn’t as they thrive on buy young, develop and sell so they will always work with riola on those terms as he delivers quality youth to them. They probably aren’t happy with him but have little choice if he has the hottest young talent that fits
Their clubs model.

it shouldn’t be part of the beautiful game but it is.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sadly highland wolf, football is a business now probably as much as it is a sport.

the top agents only keep their power and ability to milk exorbitant fees if they keep the top talent moving and always have the best “product”
To sell.

This means they and their agencies must get the access to sign up the hottest talent as quickly as they can to beat the other ones to the punch.

Look at how agents buy players clothes, boots and even in one case I saw personally they paid for a team mates dad to get a better car, they know that with these bets and little outlays here and there as there is potentially good money to be made from the players in the future.

by doing favours for clubs every so often they take a cheaper fee to move a talent on to line their pockets (agent) and in the future they slide one/two back their way depending on how well the player their move has done for them interms of commission on the first/second move.

so doc changed agents to mendes, then moved to Spurs who are managed by his best managerial client in moutinho in terms of fees and %’s he takes from the severance and joining payments.

it shouldn’t be part of the beautiful game but it is.
No wonder Mouts is knackered... Plays seemingly every game for us at 34 and manages Spuds too..... lol

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No wonder Mouts is knackered... Plays seemingly every game for us at 34 and manages Spuds too..... lol
Would be a cracking effort if he could though!!!!

i really hope we have him tied down to commit his future to us a coach...... his experience and technical knowledge working with the younger and developing players would be amazing longer term. Especially as if he doesn’t have to train as well he would have more time hands on to do some great work.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Ronan at an older age than MGW struggled at league 1 and now abroad, and i tipped Ronan to be better.
If MGW has taken his chances i must have been asleep and missed them. Bar one game, whenever I have see him he has been average at best.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Gibbs white peaked as an age grade international at 17....... he has struggled to get into the England U21 squad

Connor Ronan is dominating games at international u21 level against teams like Italy.......

one player has been given so many chances at the club for what 2/3 good appearances. The other has only been given 7 total chances and was a top player against Manchester City when they were at the peak of their powers and had a stellar squad and never seen again...... in far fewer chances, they both share the record of 1 assist.

it isn’t rubbish, it is a fair opinion to have. Same as your opinion MGW is better.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Gibbs white peaked as an age grade international at 17....... he has struggled to get into the England U21 squad

Connor Ronan is dominating games at international u21 level against teams like Italy.......

one player has been given so many chances at the club for what 2/3 good appearances. The other has only been given 7 total chances and was a top player against Manchester City when they were at the peak of their powers and had a stellar squad and never seen again...... in far fewer chances, they both share the record of 1 assist.

it isn’t rubbish, it is a fair opinion to have. Same as your opinion MGW is better.
One played poorly for Blackpool in League One, wasn't a guaranteed starter in Slovakia and has not started every game in the Swiss 2nd division. Most overrated youth prospect I can remember at Wolves because he looked ok in a bad team.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One played poorly for Blackpool in League One, wasn't a guaranteed starter in Slovakia and has not started every game in the Swiss 2nd division. Most overrated youth prospect I can remember at Wolves because he looked ok in a bad team.
If you want to discredit his loans that is fine.

but i asked in an earlier post if you have seen him play in the u21’s for Ireland? As he has looked exceptional there in a ten role, he outplayed players with many many games in serie a experience.

Harry kane was barely playing at his last loan club or any other loan club he went to before he exploded at Spurs is a point I would make.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

If you want to discredit his loans that is fine.

but i asked in an earlier post if you have seen him play in the u21’s for Ireland? As he has looked exceptional there in a ten role, he outplayed players with many many games in serie a experience.

Harry kane was barely playing at his last loan club or any other loan club he went to before he exploded at Spurs is a point I would make.
He was 21 playing in the 21s. I'd expect him to dominate tbh. He is 23 in a few months, so can't play U21 anymore. Kane was a premier league starter at Ronan's age scoring 21 goals.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldnt mind Ronan being an option off the bench for us at present. If we were playing three in central midfield I could see him doing well. A good technical player and attack minded.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I liked what I saw of Ronan and feel he deserves another chance in an area of the field where we are currently very weak. As for Campana, Mir, Bonatini....what was the point? Especially giving Bonatini a four year contract (I believe). Even as players we might move on for a profit - its just not happening. Jordao seemed to have potential and has disappeared off the map. Samuels going nowhere except into oblivion, Ennis off to Plymouth. Barring Corbeanu who is 'promising' and plays mainly on the wing the strikers cupboard looks bare. The '£35m one' best not to even comment right now. And Cutrone? Why on earth was he signed for a cool £16m, given barely a chance, and farmed off? Who scouted the guy? Now having been brought back he is also being pretty much ignored by Nuno. He got an Italian international cap for goodness sake there must be something there at just 23. We would be lucky to get £5m for him as things currently stand and he is already off on loan to Parma apparently!. After a great start under Nuno our transfer policy has gone to pieces.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I liked what I saw of Ronan and feel he deserves another chance in an area of the field where we are currently very weak. As for Campana, Mir, Bonatini....what was the point? Especially giving Bonatini a four year contract (I believe). Even as players we might move on for a profit - its just not happening. Jordao seemed to have potential and has disappeared off the map. Samuels going nowhere except into oblivion, Ennis off to Plymouth. Barring Corbeanu who is 'promising' and plays mainly on the wing the cupboard looks bare. The '£35m one' best not to even comment right now. And Cutrone? Why on earth was he signed for a cool £16m, given barely a chance, and farmed off. Now having been brought back he is also being pretty much ignored by Nuno. He got an Italian international cap for goodness sake there must be something there at just 23. We would be lucky to get £5m for him as things currently stand. After a great start under Nuno our transfer policy has gone to pieces.
Cutrone got plenty of chances and you are just mentioning a lot of youth team players who didn't work. Happens every year to every club. Bonatini was clearly a bad contract.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cutrone got plenty of chances and you are just mentioning a lot of youth team players who didn't work. Happens every year to every club. Bonatini was clearly a bad contract.
"plenty of chances" my ass!

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think you hit the nail on the head with 'if...the manager believes they are right for the team'. I'm getting the impression that we are sending out players to 'friendly contacts' - Famalicao, Grasshoppers - regardless of whether or not they fit in with those teams' managers' style of play. ( As somebody pointed out, why is Sanderson who was a stand out player in the Champ. last season now unable to get into a Div 1 team ? Wrong style of play ?)

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’m not sure Connor Ronan is what we need just yet, and I’m not sure Wolves is what Connor Ronan needs just now either.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn’t say he was better than MGW, just that it is baffling that he hasn’t been given a chance to show nuno what he can do. He had his development stopped due to micro fractures in his spine...... and wasn’t fully fit when nuno arrived because of this injury.

Ronan has done well on the pitch everywhere he has gone, unlike most of our loanees he actually plays at his loan clubs making double digit appearances there. He is actually doing very well at his current loan club and Blackpool fought tooth and nail to get him back...... you don’t do that for a failure.

I watch him regularly for Ireland, he plays the 10 role and has excelled in nearly every game and against an Italy U21 team with lots of seria A experience he was the best player on the pitch. This is a claim MGW cannot make.......

not taking a stab at you, but have you watched Conor play since left wolves for the Ireland u21’s? If you did you might see there is one hell of a player there.

he at least deserves a chance, he is an extremely talented player and is an attack minded midfielder. He has goals and assists at every level he has played at, more than MGW by comparison. In many many fewer games he has the same number of assists as MGW in a wolves shirt - ONE

to dismiss Ronan because he hasn’t had the same opportunities is crazy, when he is clearly delivering at U21 international level again something MGW is yet to do as he is the measuring stick you wish to use.

I think MGW will be a good player with time, but I think Ronan is a fantastic player also.

Yes i follow him more than you think, including tacking his ireland u21 performances He's been a class above u21 level since he was 19. I've made many claims in the past claiming him achieving far more than he has. He's 22 now and it's sad how his development has gone. I expected him to star at the clubs he's been on loan with, but he hasn't. I'd easily expect him to be our strongest loan export, i'm not comparing him to them. I'm comparing him to MGW who had a very good (albeit short) loan at Swansea.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes i follow him more than you think, including tacking his ireland u21 performances He's been a class above u21 level since he was 19. I've made many claims in the past claiming him achieving far more than he has. He's 22 now and it's sad how his development has gone. I expected him to star at the clubs he's been on loan with, but he hasn't. I'd easily expect him to be our strongest loan export, i'm not comparing him to them. I'm comparing him to MGW who had a very good (albeit short) loan at Swansea.
Cool, I am not saying h
my error mate, I agree we would want him further ahead of where he should be.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great to see Nuno with a happy smile on his face at the end of the game last night against Chelsea. Even though a bit of a bore draw..
With the arrival of Willian Jose and with all the player injury problems of late getting better. Also having a strong bench last night helps..
So I think Nuno is much happier with the state of his squad now than he was a week or so ago :)

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It will be even better when Jonny is match fit and available for selection.

Back
Top Bottom