Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nuno not happy with squad

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not happy with balance of squad. Which begs the oft asked question, who was in charge of our transfers this summer? We’ve heard it’s Nuno but his comments seem to contradict this. Last paragraph of article....

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not happy with balance of squad. Which begs the oft asked question, who was in charge of our transfers this summer? We’ve heard it’s Nuno but his comments seem to contradict this. Last paragraph of article....

His comments are specifically about needing a replacement for Raul, not about our overall recruitment over the summer. Fairly surprised Nuno has come out so publicly about it, I think it's his way to put a little pressure on Fosun to make sure we spend what's needed.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Reading WAY too much into those comments if you ask me.

He regularly talks about rebalancing around transfer window time and that quote directly links this one to Raul’s situation. I’m sure he’d like to ship out the dead wood like Miranda etc which would free up space and money for another striker

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Might just want an extra forward for when we play 4-2-3-1, we literally had all of our forwards on the pitch when we kicked off against Villa. If Raúl was fit I think he'd be happy with the options

Last edited:

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think its obvious to anyone that we dont look balanced at the moment
Nuno is just upping the pressure to spend some money in a few weeks, and bring in a short term Raul replacement

It certainly wont be easy,if they are good their clubs wont let them leave,if not why would we want them?
Finding someone that links the play and works as hard all over the pitch as Raul is virtually impossible,in fact i cant think of anyone that would do that job

Giroud would be ideal,but his current form rules that out,there must be similar players but i cant think of any out there and available

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A striker and a powerful midfielder coming in with Jonny returning to fitness would be quite nice?

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He is talking about rebalancing the squad in particular reference to Raul being out so clearly means to me we need another option to fill in for Raul's absence so looking for a striker.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I think Nuno is probably only worried about the squad he has to work with. Some bean counter is working out the best plan for the loan players, whether we can raise some money or just be grateful to have them off the payroll etc. We need a CF that's obvious, Silva has done OK but it's unfair and unrealistic to expect him to carry the load that Raul would have.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
I actually think we’ve got a pretty decent blend in the squad at the moment. Just enough players to keep people motivated and involved, especially in a season with no Europe or League Cup to worry about.

Obviously need a striker now given Raul’s injury but that and a Renato Sanches type midfielder would be more than enough for me.

Would give us the option to play Dendoncker at the back and with Jonny closing in on a return, we would have great options at the back and in both wing-back positions.

Personally don’t think we need a number 10 type given how Podence and Vitinha can both play there.

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’m not up with foreign leagues at the moment. Renato Sanchez was the chap who failed miserably at Swansea of I recall? Is there good evidence that he has developed sufficiently to warrant us wanting him here?

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I said it before and I'll say it again, we needed a ready to go back-up for Raul for exactly this scenario. Silva is not yet ready to step into his shoes. Perhaps this is what Nuno is alluding to!

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Might just want an extra forward for when we play 4-2-3-1, we literally had all of our forwards on the pitch when we kicked off against Villa. If Raúl was fit I think he'd be happy with the options

That. He’s planned to use an extra forward player in some games, and lost his best one for an unspecified period.
That’s quite obviously going to unbalance the squad. Just like the improvement of Traore and disappointment of Cutrone did last season, so we went shopping for another wide player in Podence.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well if they can turn some of the loans into permanent deals would be a start I think
Bonatini is effectively gone via his 2 year loan deal. Cutrone needs sorting as his loan to buy deal hasn’t worked out. Definitely need another experienced striker with Raul out. Silva will develop over the next two years.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bonatini is effectively gone via his 2 year loan deal. Cutrone needs sorting as his loan to buy deal hasn’t worked out. Definitely need another experienced striker with Raul out. Silva will develop over the next two years.
Except it has been reported that we are paying all, or the vast majority of, Bonatini's wages.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have limited options in attack, particularly if we choose to use the new formation we have been using. I would say he certainly wants a new no9 and probably another forward player in the style of Neto and Podence to give us more depth and options off the bench. He may also want another centre back who is more comfortable playing in a two.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Except it has been reported that we are paying all, or the vast majority of, Bonatini's wages.
That may be but the alternative is we pay out his contract or all of his wages and he sits on the beach. Where he is, is another Fosun club anyway.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not up with foreign leagues at the moment. Renato Sanchez was the chap who failed miserably at Swansea of I recall? Is there good evidence that he has developed sufficiently to warrant us wanting him here?

Playing really well for Lille from all accounts and is back getting portugal call ups. I think he is still only 23 so you can forgive an iffy few years for a young player who was probably overhyped. I'd love him for us.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If you type "Renato Sanches" into Google, the first result will tell you that he's playing well at Lille, and that Liverpool are after him

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If you type "Renato Sanches" into Google, the first result will tell you that he's playing well at Lille, and that Liverpool are after him
If you type in “Garth Crooks” team of the week into google it comes up with all sorts of nonsense- I was asking for someone’s opinion who had seen him play recently. That is why 92’s response was helpful and you needn’t have bothered.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno admits that he had players on the bench against Burnley who couldnt play. This is the trouble when the club has this obsession with such a small squad. You get a couple of injuries and you are down to the bare bones. Also cant understand why he named injured players on the bench. If they cant play then the likes of Lewis Richards, Buur, Marques, Bueno should have been on the bench instead. I am presuming the players that werent fit were Boly and Marcal. Dendoncker is also not training yet. He has also reiterated today that he isnt happy with the balance of the squad and we have to be ready as the transfer window is about to open. I very much hope this means we are actively working on deals and will be bringing in reinforcements at the start of the window.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno admits that he had players on the bench against Burnley who couldnt play. This is the trouble when the club has this obsession with such a small squad. You get a couple of injuries and you are down to the bare bones. Also cant understand why he named injured players on the bench. If they cant play then the likes of Lewis Richards, Buur, Marques, Bueno should have been on the bench instead. I am presuming the players that werent fit were Boly and Marcal. Dendoncker is also not training yet. He has also reiterated today that he isnt happy with the balance of the squad and we have to be ready as the transfer window is about to open. I very much hope this means we are actively working on deals and will be bringing in reinforcements at the start of the window.
Seeing how it is reported that Nuno has the say on transfers, who then is responsible for bringing in so many defenders at the expense of other positions. The one MF loanee Nuno has he doesn't seem to want to play. And, as you say, why put injured players on the bench. Not even going to go there with Otasowie up front v Burnley.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unless Nuno really has little say in incomings then he has a nerve to complain when it's his policy to run a team on the bare bones.
I don't think that he does have the final word on transfers, but we will never know until he's gone unless he admits it.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fed up with Nuno saying he is unhappy with the squad:-

He sanctioned the players incoming
He sanctioned the player sales
He sanctioned only having one true striker
He sanctioned only having no scoring midfielders and loaning out a creative midfielder
He sanctioned having a small squad
And so on....

Therefore if you’re not happy it’s down to you.....

Back
Top Bottom