Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nuno goes to Forest

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let’s be honest, l’d much rather see him at Forest, a club with real pedigree than the clay heads

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting listening to Stuart Pearce on Talksport. He had a lot of sympathy and respect for Cooper who did a great job in often difficult circumstances including having to manage a large squad. Which got me thinking, Nuno prefers to work with a small squad.

Yep, he could well be offloading a load of players come January and in the summer, which not coincidentally, is likely what the Forest owner also needs him to do if they are to avoid an Everton style points deduction next year.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Judging by online discourse today, especially from other teams, it's sad to see how low Nuno's reputation is amongst other supporters. We had three unforgettable seasons, and the lows are the end were far from the worst times. The Spurs story should be a footnote but because of the TV bias it's likely all some people remember.

I don't think he'll push Forest on without investment, and feel this appointment will make him a 'managerial merry go round' type manager when he's much more than that.
Indeed but he also didn't help himself going to Saudi and subsequently getting sacked in his second season.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wish him good luck but it’s bitter sweet memories we have at Wolves really. Of course part of us wants him back. He took us back to europe for the first time in how many years. Hugely respected by us all

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope that Nuno does well at Forest, but in the Champo. If he takes over, he'll not be held responsible should Forest go down as it will appear that the damage has already been done by Cooper. He will then have a season to rebuild Forest by cutting out the dead wood (pun intended) and bring them up next season or the one after as he did at Wolves.
I like Nuno, but dislike Forest, so if they replace Luton as one of the relegated clubs, there will be no shed tears from me.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is no doubt that Nuno was a hero for what he did for us, he was very much a unifying force pulling together a lot of threads to make one truly memorable few years. So he will forever be a legend here.

However, I doubt Nuno has changed his character or playing philosophy much. I can see tension between Nuno and their owner, he likes a small squad, and he is going to want money to spend with his mate uncle Jorge. I haven't looked, but you would think they may have to be careful with FFP?

I love the man for what he achieved with us, but there is no saying all those stars will align again at Forrest.

I think Nuno may well be one of those managers who has a single major success and can never replicate it again - partly why I wouldn't want him back here to tarnish the legacy.

I wish him well, but have never been a fan of Forrest. And to be honest we may well be relegation rivals next season if not this.

I wonder what Morgan thinks of it, didn't they have a bad relationship - or am I dreaming that?

Last edited:

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he is mad to take that job. Their owner is a madman.

Tbh, i still think he lost part of himself through Covid and the Raul injury and he's never been the same since. The spark in him went and i dont think its going to come back sadly.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is no doubt that Nuno was a hero for what he did for us, he was very much a unifying force pulling together a lot of threads to make one truly memorable few years. So he will forever be a legend here.

However, I doubt Nuno has changed his character or playing philosophy much. I can see tension between Nuno and their owner, he likes a small squad, and he is going to want money to spend with his mate uncle Jorge. I haven't looked, but you would think they may have to be careful with FFP?

I love the man for what he achieved with us, but there is no saying all those stars will align again at Forrest.

I think Nuno may well be one of those managers who has a single major success and can never replicate it again - partly why I wouldn't want him back here to tarnish the legacy.

I wish him well, but have never been a fan of Forrest. And to be honest we may well be relegation rivals next season if not this.

I wonder what Morgan thinks of it, didn't they have a bad relationship - or am I dreaming that?
What has Morgan got to do with Nuno?

Poztin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure Nuno is a mid-season appointment type manager.

He’s so drilled in what he wants his players to do that he needs time to get this imposed.

Brilliant manager though, love the bloke, and would have him back in a heartbeat if O’Neil left.

Also, personally I found the football very entertaining for at least 80% of his time here.

Not sure if he’ll be delighted to be reunited with MGW though.
Tbf he got us drilled and playing Nunoball by the Leicester home friendly which was what, 6 weeks? I’ve never bought the argument a manager needs time to impose his ideas ever since.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was thinking about Morgan Gibbs-White. He wanted to go to Forrest because of their manager, I thought I heard that Gibbs-White didn't see eye to eye with Nuno?
Sorry! I thought you meant Steve Morgan, who had sold the club before Nuno's arrival. You meant MGW!

Dorbelflunk

Reaction score
Indeed but he also didn't help himself going to Saudi and subsequently getting sacked in his second season.
After winning the double in his first season. They were sixth when he was sacked.

But again, the article I used to look up their league position's headline didn't say 'former Wolves boss ' but 'Tottenham Flop' which says a lot.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn’t get on with Benzimar according to reports and we all know from his last season at Wolves he can be a moody fella.

Hope it reinvigorates him at Forest because he’s got to win the Forest fans over as well as improve the team.

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry, but I hope he sinks without trace at Forest.
He'll do ok there . Clubs like like Wolves and Forest are merely looking to stay in the division this season . FFP rules etc .
Wolves appointment of GON was simply to keep us up as cheaply as possible .....our style of play , inconsistency and holistic apathy reflect this .

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Judging by online discourse today, especially from other teams, it's sad to see how low Nuno's reputation is amongst other supporters. We had three unforgettable seasons, and the lows are the end were far from the worst times. The Spurs story should be a footnote but because of the TV bias it's likely all some people remember.

I don't think he'll push Forest on without investment, and feel this appointment will make him a 'managerial merry go round' type manager when he's much more than that.
Yet other total fraud managers are loved, makes zero sense doesn't it.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Curious for that one myself. And similar for Boly, I suppose, though I don't think he had any falling out with Nuno.

Nuno clearly ran a mature dressing room, where self accountability and behaving like a grown up is important.

Fines don’t teach people who have too much money a lesson like those in the prem, look at how many interviews say how it is constantly the same people late at their footy club. If the money hurt/taught a lesson, it wouldn’t happen for players to be seen and called out as habitually late.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he is mad to take that job. Their owner is a madman.

Tbh, i still think he lost part of himself through Covid and the Raul injury and he's never been the same since. The spark in him went and i dont think its going to come back sadly.

Taking the spurs job so quickly after us with all their drama and player power issues in the dressing room was an odd call too…..,

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Nuno has big shoes to fill, in Cooper"

**** Off
Don’t let the fact that Cooper is a snarky little git blind you to his achievements at Forest. From relegation candidates to promotion, League Cup semi final and then kept them up. I can see why Forest fans love him and in such a situation the replacement manager will always have to win over the fans and I doubt it will be plain sailing for Nuno.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Nuno has big shoes to fill, in Cooper"

**** Off

Steve cooper is their version of nuno.

He is much loved and did a fantastic job there, while building a great relationship between him and the fans.

He does have big shoes to fill in their eyes, but Nuno is the kind of guy who can fill them with how he manages and builds the family and comunity like he did with us

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t let the fact that Cooper is a snarky little git blind you to his achievements at Forest. From relegation candidates to promotion, League Cup semi final and then kept them up. I can see why Forest fans love him and in such a situation the replacement manager will always have to win over the fans and I doubt it will be plain sailing for Nuno.

Yes, but nothing compared to Nuno's achievement with us. Fa Semi, Uefa quarter, stroming the Championship and 2 7th places... all on a much smaller budget than Cooper.

Did well on the Champ, but helped out alot with U21 loans, similar with lampard and the Chelsea loanees.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, but nothing compared to Nuno's achievement with us. Fa Semi, Uefa quarter, stroming the Championship and 2 7th places... all on a much smaller budget than Cooper.

Did well on the Champ, but helped out alot with U21 loans, similar with lampard and the Chelsea loanees.
Don’t forget Nuno was helped out rather generously too. We had no right to the likes of Neves, Jota and Boly in the Championship. Not running Nuno down, I love him but in his own way Cooper will have similar status amongst Forest fans.

Back
Top Bottom