Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nuno’s gone

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Reading through the lines, they wanted him to stay, but once Nuno found out funds won't be available this summer, and that our transfer strategy would involve selling our best players to buy new players, that probably didn't sit well with him at all and disagreements have led to this decision by "mutual consent". That's how I see it, I may eventually be wrong, but that's the vibe I'm getting.

All due respect mate but thats all just speculation. Who said funds are not available? Who said we are selling our best players?

What I see is Fosun were not happy with on the pitch performance and Nuno looked shattered and in need of time back with family. Both were probably and sadly ready to move on.

Think people are looking for too much drama.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All due respect mate but thats all just speculation. Who said funds are not available? Who said we are selling our best players?

What I see is Fosun were not happy with on the pitch performance and Nuno looked shattered and in need of time back with family. Both were probably and sadly ready to move on.

Think people are looking for too much drama.

Everything is speculation at this point, there was a journalist I mentioned in another thread on twitter who said that she was told Nuno left because there would be a lack of funds and an exodus. I honestly think most journalists are just speculating on both ends of the spectrum whether it be viewing this as a positive (Fosun fired Nuno to look for a more progressive manager that will be backed) or negative (Nuno 'mutually agreed' to leave when he was told there would be no funds this summer without selling our best players).

I'm hoping it's positive, but I'd be lying if I said I'm not worried it's the latter.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everything is speculation at this point, there was a journalist I mentioned in another thread on twitter who said that she was told Nuno left because there would be a lack of funds and an exodus. I honestly think most journalists are just speculating on both ends of the spectrum whether it be viewing this as a positive (Fosun fired Nuno to look for a more progressive manager that will be backed) or negative (Nuno 'mutually agreed' to leave when he was told there would be no funds this summer without selling our best players).

I'm hoping it's positive, but I'd be lying if I said I'm not worried it's the latter.

'told by a source', I also believe same source was adamant Palhinha was signing in summer, amongst a raft of other signings she got wrong for us.

(This is me clutching at straws)

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For those saying it has anything to do with transfer funding, you are wrong. Although I don't know what summers strategy is.
The man has suffered for being away from his family.
I don't expect him to go for another job in this country in the near future, he is going home....although of course with the travel situation recently improving to Portugal who really knows....

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
'told by a source', I also believe same source was adamant Palhinha was signing in summer, amongst a raft of other signings she got wrong for us.

(This is me clutching at straws)
Just had a quick check, she's never mentioned Palhinha on her twitter unless you are mixing with someone else?

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we would have known that by bringing in Nuno as manager we would have three good progressive years but in the fourth it would go wrong would we still have wanted him? I think the answer is yes.
He leaves us stronger than we were before and we can build from where we are now with the right manager and team.

dnf14

Reaction score
Just had a quick check, she's never mentioned Palhinha on her twitter unless you are mixing with someone else?
Just had a mosey by searching her tag and Unai Nunez, who I know for a fact that she linked us to last summer; there's not a peep about that so I'm concluding that she's deleting her tweets that don't pan out.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just had a mosey by searching her tag and Unai Nunez, who I know for a fact that she linked us to last summer; there's not a peep about that so I'm concluding that she's deleting her tweets that don't pan out.

Very possible. Definitely take it with a pinch of salt then.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

She does, I definitely remember her mentioning Palinha and that’s disappeared too, I also find it quite strange she’s needed to start a thread talking about how accurate she is and that she breaks exclusives, surely if she’s that amazing at it, she doesn’t need to promote herself?

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guesswork.

Well someone talks to both Nuno and Jeff and knows what they are thinking and that's Mendes.So what does Jorge say to each side.

Likely Nuno will have known what Fosun were prepared to invest.Equally Fosun will have known that Nuno was dischuffed at that likely investment .

Next manager will have his work cut out but so will many Prem managers when they find out their transfer budget after a season plus without crowds and reduced tv money.

D

Deleted member 11332

Didnt know nuno was leaving. Now seems to know his successor. Taking everything he says with pinch of salt. Fosuns way is to keep everything secret and nothing will change that.

I take what he says then ignore it and make my own decision based on evidence. Obviously has less clue of the goings on round here are some of the posters on here.

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still ****ing gutted.
Fosun this is on you now. Let's see your hand, it better be a strong one.
The years of good times outweigh the few months of bad ay?
Thanks Nuno you deserve better.

D

Deleted member LP 3925

God I’ve been feeling crap this evening.
It reminds me of the girl at university that you were going to be with forever but it all came to an abrupt end as you moved apart for the next stage of your lives. You feel nauseous and emotional about what you are losing but it’s just as much the trepidation about the next steps into the real world.

Man Utd might be that final, confused ****.
Let’s not make it a mellow, emotional, reflective one. Let’s **** them rotten!

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m really saddened by this. Nuno and Wolves had a connection rarely found in football. Not sure what happens now but Shi has some work to do.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I haven't been happy with him for quite a while however despite my constant grips when push came to shove I would have kept him so we better have a bloody good replacement in place and the money available to rebuild the squad as it needs it or we will be in real trouble.

Back
Top Bottom