Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nuno’s gone

Wolf79

Groupie
Reaction score
Which is what a lot of people were taking into account while you were screaming for his dismissal

I can't feel let down by a manager who has had to fight this season with his hands effectively tied behind his back because his players were knackered or injured and has had to endure everything that I've quoted from your post

The next decision is huge, we're about to lose the manager that gave us our best successive league finishes in 60 years and is undoubtedly the best we've had in my lifetime, it will be a lot easier to get that decision wrong than it will be to get
You have been loading the bullets to fire Nuno all season. Now you wish him all the best. How lovely of you. With friends like you who needs enemies.
You have been loading the bullets to fire Nuno all season. Now you wish him all the best. How lovely of you. With friends like you who needs enemies.
Agree, crocodile tears from NNW

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As strange as it sounds, if it had to happen, I'm glad it happened like this.... Every manager leaves a club eventuality. And almost everyone of them is sacked and generally for poor performances and results which have left the club in an extremely bad position.... This doesn't feel like that.

Nuno is departing with his rep mostly intact and indeed,his profile and standing in the game has vastly improved.
It's been a win for us and is a win for him.

So in a perverted sort of way I can use this to take comfort from his departure.

He's been our greatest manager in my life time, but more importantly, he's shown with his words and actions what an immense human being he truly is.
Make no mistake , Nuno Espírito Santo is the best of us.

I love the ****ing bones of the man and will miss him and his humanity most of all.

All the best, Gaffer... Love ya man.
Yeah, I've had the same thought. It would be much easier for me if he was announced as the Spurs boss though...

Then I could figuratively speaking, pack the cheating *******s bags and leave them on the door step.

We the fans haven't had a connection to the manager like this in my lifetime, I've been completely unprepared for how emotional it's made me, I've been a total embarrassment - I had to walk away from a conversation at work because I was welling up, silly **** I am.

D

Deleted member 11157

Just curious as to what expectation level/benchmark will be set by the contributors on the next incumbent. It seems the requirement is play well, score lots of goals with a blend of youth and experience. About the level of intense of analysis we'll get here.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Just curious as to what expectation level/benchmark will be set by the contributors on the next incumbent. It seems the requirement is play well, score lots of goals with a blend of youth and experience. About the level of intense of analysis we'll get here.
Top 10 consistently with season here and there in Europa and a cup run on occasion is fine with me along with more attacking football.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, I've had the same thought. It would be much easier for me if he was announced as the Spurs boss though...

Then I could figuratively speaking, pack the cheating *******s bags and leave them on the door step.

We the fans haven't had a connection to the manager like this in my lifetime, I've been completely unprepared for how emotional it's made me, I've been a total embarrassment - I had to walk away from a conversation at work because I was welling up, silly **** I am.
Dont beat yourself up. The bloke has made a massive impact on and off the pitch in his time here. It's certainly a surreal experience when you know at heart he'd had enough but you wished he hadn't so we could see what was possible in a normal season again.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely gutted, best manager of my lifetime. Gave us some fantastic memories!

Some of the people (on here and elsewhere) who've slagged him off the back of a average (not even bad!) should hang your heads in shame.
It's a sensitive and emotional time but there"s nothing wrong with criticism where due. I will miss the bloke and have full respect for what he's achieved at the club and contributed to the community but clearly he was spent and had had enough which was affecting both his and the teams performances/relationships. I wish him all the best as long as he doesn't go to spurs and transform them.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It all depends.Every season is new.
Who will manage us?
Which players will leave,which players is coming so on.

I do think playing five at the back with wingbacks like Semedo is a thing of the past regardless though....no matter what.

superwolves

Reaction score
All Nuno needed was a couple of months break which he was gonna get with his family now the season is over and come back fresh with fans back in the stadium. With the sufficient financial backing he could have continued the journey he was the right man for the job and still is the right man. What a shame its ended here whatever the problems were they should have been resolved and started a fresh next season

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All Nuno needed was a couple of months break which he was gonna get with his family now the season is over and come back fresh with fans back in the stadium. With the sufficient financial backing he could have continued the journey he was the right man for the job and still is the right man. What a shame its ended here whatever the problems were they should have been resolved and started a fresh next season
We don't know what goes on behind the scenes on a Daily basis. Spiers info said the players weren't surprised by the decision, nuno had lost his mojo and had become difficult. I think alot of people could see the change in him on the touchline. It was like he felt he'd done his time and needed a change and only nuno would know that.

superwolves

Reaction score
We don't know what goes on behind the scenes on a Daily basis. Spiers info said the players weren't surprised by the decision, nuno had lost his mojo and had become difficult. I think alot of people could see the change in him on the touchline. It was like he felt he'd done his time and needed a change and only nuno would know that.
Yes maybe so but nothing that a couple of months break during seasons wouldn't have put right. He knows all the players inside out a new manager has got to assess his squad get in his players to fit his system while a euro championship is being played which wont be easy. Nuno just needed the sufficient financial backing to be able to maintain the reputation he had earned for himself maybe he hasn't heard the right words to convince him that its possible for him to achieve that

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My guess is that the club were fairly stung at the beginning of this season when we started getting labelled as a bit boring or “a hard watch” (not helpful for the “brand growth”) . Maybe they put some pressure on Nuno to be more attacking, which he did but it wasn’t really true to his instincts, would lead to the players getting mixed messages.
He grew unhappy with what he was being asked to do, the club started thinking he wasn’t the perfect fit.
That is an interesting take on it

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks for that! I have to say I was worried about posting on here and have only just come back on to see how my earlier post was received. I'm so happy that it has been received well. I meant every word I said and though this year has been a difficult one for all of us, and I have quite forcibly voiced my concerns, I genuinely believe Nuno's time here has been amazingly positive for Wolves and he has left a great legacy for the new incumbent. All I can say now is that I wish all 4k of you at Molineux tomorrow give Nuno the send off 30k would and ideally should have given him under normal circumstances. Shout and sing the rafters down. COYW!
I know you’re not everyone’s cup of tea on here, but I look forward to what you have to say. You certainly shoot from the hip ... but often call out things before others. Something hasn’t been right all season. For a long time, I was in denial about that.

Today is an incredibly sad day, we say goodbye to a special manager and an even more special man. I’m not gonna find it easy.

But, we are Wolves. The club is bigger than any single man. Let’s hope we all have good things to look forward to.

TrueWolf

Reaction score
Just realised Nuno leaving also screws up the Neves song...

He's Nuno Santo's Man...

Assuming Neves is still here next season that will need a fix.

Back
Top Bottom