Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nuno’s gone

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Porto highest transfer fee ever was for Oliver for about 16m.

Theyd have to spend 70m+ on Neves and 30m+ on Semedo
Could be talks of players going the other way? I don't know. But Its certainly worrying knowing where the info comes from

D

Deleted member 4184

Could be talks of players going the other way? I don't know. But Its certainly worrying knowing where the info comes from

Neves would be mad to go there, he'd be sacrificing a massive wage. He could walk into a team like Barca or Juve and get 200k a week.

Can't see it myself mate

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Unless they're going ahead and giving us

Corona, Conceicao (the kid), Fabio Vieira, Baro(Thats the ones I can remember theres probably more), then I dont see how they could. Remember they were financially ****ed at the start of the season

Poztin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They sold their apparent Crown Jewels in Silva and Vitinha due to being in a ffp mess. Don’t see where they have the cash to buy two of our most expensive players.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Isnt semedo a benfica boy. How's the joining rivals go down over there does it happen much?

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Isnt semedo a benfica boy. How's the joining rivals go down over there does it happen much?
Moutinho left Sporting to join Porto and is still viewed as a snake by Sporting fans today - so I'd say not well.

How often stuff like that happens I don't know, think it's more common at youth level with players like João Felix being at Porto's academy before switching to Benfica's etc.

Even Fabio Silva had a couple years in Benfica's academy too

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moutinho left Sporting to join Porto and is still viewed as a snake by Sporting fans today - so I'd say not well.

How often stuff like that happens I don't know, think it's more common at youth level with players like João Felix being at Porto's academy before switching to Benfica's etc.

Even Fabio Silva had a couple years in Benfica's academy too

Saw a few Benfica fans begging we never played Silva again no reddit yesterday with the Conceicao link.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you can meet with triumph and disaster and treat both equally. It means you simply acknowledge the event and continue on, come what may. It makes you realise the relativity of both success and failure.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ergg. Annoyingly you're always right when you post on here.

Begins to confirm my fears about the direction in which we are headed.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still feels a bit raw today!
I'm old enough and have been with my missus long enough, to have forgotten what it felt like to be dumped, by what at the time you thought was the love of your life...this has reminded me of that feeling!...bloody sickening!!!
Wish I had a ticket for tomorrow, just so I could show my appreciation and gratitude for what the great man has done for our club.
In time it may turn out to be the best thing all round but just like that dumping back in the day, it doesn't feel like it right now!

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I had a horrible feeling that things would never be the same after the covid break. We had a moment in time which was incredible, but has now passed. Life often boils down to stick or twist and obviously fosun have gone for the latter and only time will tell if it was the right decision. Thanks for the memories Nuno. I'll be there tomorrow trying not to cry.

PS hope they play holy mountain before kick off tomorrow - for me, that tune is indelibly linked to the Nuno era.

Me too!

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep, I loved that one -- from the Champ season? I also like 'Everybody wants to rule the world' -- remember that one absolutely booming out at the end of the 3-2 v Man City as I collapsed down the steps of the BWU, high on adrenaline and drunk with emotion after one of the greatest ever Wolves come backs.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves would be mad to go there, he'd be sacrificing a massive wage. He could walk into a team like Barca or Juve and get 200k a week.

Can't see it myself mate

A year ago, maybe. Don't think he's done much this past year other than cast doubt as to what he's ultimately capable of. Free kicks and shooting have deteriorated hugely. His defensive side has improved a bit, though I'm not sure that it's to the extent that the likes of Barca or Juve would come begging. At Neves current level, there must be a lot to choose from throughout Europe.

He needs to get back on track for a season as for me, seems like he's gone off it.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I know its probably unlikely, going on how this season has gone, but what if in front of a crowd we play really well tomorrow and beat United - like we've done in the cup and league previous seasons? It would feel a bit strange wouldn't it? Would any seeds of doubt about Nuno going grow stronger and become more vocal, or would we just view it as a fitting tribute/end to a great guy?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And others may feel that their careers will improve as the handbrake has now been taken off.
Yes. I’ve had a sneaky suspicion that Jota became disillusioned with the way we played and lost of his zest. Was worried about Podence too.
However, we’ll see.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've stayed off here to let the news sink in and to concentrate my thoughts. I am sad today on reflection, for the great first 3 years, but not particularly sad as I hope this will be a launching pad for a new exciting period for Wolves. I think we all knew things weren't right with Nuno for some time now and this has been reflected in the performances of most of the players this season. Everything has conspired against him, Covid, no crowds and perhaps biggest of all, no family close at hand to support him along. I think there initially was shock at the news as Nuno IS Wolves but equally not surprise at his departure because his demeanour has given a lot away over the past few weeks. I don't think his heart is in it anymore and when you fall out of love with a job, especially as you have the cash to support you, then moving on is a relatively easy decision. Like every Wolves fan tomorrow will be very emotional for me as I've witnessed some of the greatest football I've ever seen from Wolves under Nuno. These memories will never leave me and for that I thank him from the bottom of my heart. He is a decent, honest and humble man who has left our Club in a far stronger position then when he arrived 4 years ago. Is it the right time to go? For me, yes as there is a foundation in place, top players who need a new man at the helm to re-energise them and a long summer to put plans in place for an attack on the top 6/8 next season. I wish Nuno all the best for his future.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
. Everything has conspired against him, Covid, no crowds and perhaps biggest of all, no family close at hand to support him along.
Which is what a lot of people were taking into account while you were screaming for his dismissal

I can't feel let down by a manager who has had to fight this season with his hands effectively tied behind his back because his players were knackered or injured and has had to endure everything that I've quoted from your post

The next decision is huge, we're about to lose the manager that gave us our best successive league finishes in 60 years and is undoubtedly the best we've had in my lifetime, it will be a lot easier to get that decision wrong than it will be to get it right

DJW

Reaction score
I've stayed off here to let the news sink in and to concentrate my thoughts. I am sad today on reflection, for the great first 3 years, but not particularly sad as I hope this will be a launching pad for a new exciting period for Wolves. I think we all knew things weren't right with Nuno for some time now and this has been reflected in the performances of most of the players this season. Everything has conspired against him, Covid, no crowds and perhaps biggest of all, no family close at hand to support him along. I think there initially was shock at the news as Nuno IS Wolves but equally not surprise at his departure because his demeanour has given a lot away over the past few weeks. I don't think his heart is in it anymore and when you fall out of love with a job, especially as you have the cash to support you, then moving on is a relatively easy decision. Like every Wolves fan tomorrow will be very emotional for me as I've witnessed some of the greatest football I've ever seen from Wolves under Nuno. These memories will never leave me and for that I thank him from the bottom of my heart. He is a decent, honest and humble man who has left our Club in a far stronger position then when he arrived 4 years ago. Is it the right time to go? For me, yes as there is a foundation in place, top players who need a new man at the helm to re-energise them and a long summer to put plans in place for an attack on the top 6/8 next season. I wish Nuno all the best for his future.
Good post. He also created the only period of time where there were virtually no dissenting voices amongst supporters. I personally cant remember a time like it. I think that's why it was so hard to accept those voices when they grew in numbers. Hopefully the new manager can create the unity we were so lucky to experience under Nuno.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bad time to mention talk of Neves and Semedo to Porto? :flushed:
You sure it's Neves and not Moutinho? Can't see Porto being able to afford him.
Semedo... I think a straight swap for Corona wouldn't be a bad deal all round. But what do I know?

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

The perfect summary. 100% spot on.

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i think he means nuno's external communication - perhaps that he was talking openly about a bigger squad in recent weeks?
And, if you're right, it gives the lie to the argument that it was Nuno's preference that we have a small squad. It reveals that the small squad is Fosun's preference.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
And, if you're right, it gives the lie to the argument that it was Nuno's preference that we have a small squad. It reveals that the small squad is Fosun's preference.

Dunno about that...safe to say Patricio and Moutinho were Nunos choices and those 2 players are taking up enough wages for 4 or more first team players if we were canny about it. I'm sure Fosun have kept a close rein on salaries and therefore headcount but Nuno made some choices that limited squad size too.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great post fella

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As strange as it sounds, if it had to happen, I'm glad it happened like this.... Every manager leaves a club eventuality. And almost everyone of them is sacked and generally for poor performances and results which have left the club in an extremely bad position.... This doesn't feel like that.

Nuno is departing with his rep mostly intact and indeed,his profile and standing in the game has vastly improved.
It's been a win for us and is a win for him.

So in a perverted sort of way I can use this to take comfort from his departure.

He's been our greatest manager in my life time, but more importantly, he's shown with his words and actions what an immense human being he truly is.
Make no mistake , Nuno Espírito Santo is the best of us.

I love the ****ing bones of the man and will miss him and his humanity most of all.

All the best, Gaffer... Love ya man.
Well written, exactly what I'm thinking.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
You just know that whoever we bring in, Wolves will. Be 2-0 up at half time and the commentators will be ****ed. What will they say.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great post fella
Thanks for that! I have to say I was worried about posting on here and have only just come back on to see how my earlier post was received. I'm so happy that it has been received well. I meant every word I said and though this year has been a difficult one for all of us, and I have quite forcibly voiced my concerns, I genuinely believe Nuno's time here has been amazingly positive for Wolves and he has left a great legacy for the new incumbent. All I can say now is that I wish all 4k of you at Molineux tomorrow give Nuno the send off 30k would and ideally should have given him under normal circumstances. Shout and sing the rafters down. COYW!

RutlandWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I´ve been a fan since 1977.
The only thing constant regarding the club has been us fans.
Managers..they will come and they will go...when the rain washes you clean you´ll know.
Thunder only happens when it´s raining.
UP THE WOLVES.
Fosun..time to flash that checkbook of yours.
players only love you when they're playing?

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You have been loading the bullets to fire Nuno all season. Now you wish him all the best. How lovely of you. With friends like you who needs enemies.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You have been loading the bullets to fire Nuno all season. Now you wish him all the best. How lovely of you. With friends like you who needs enemies.

Back
Top Bottom