Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nunes to City

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stonking.....
Wolves sporting director Matt Hobbs says he was "disappointed with how it ended" after Matheus Nunes' move to Manchester City.

Nunes was fined after missing training in an effort to force a deal through before his £53m move to the reigning Premier League and Champions League champions was confirmed earlier today.

"It wasn’t necessary the stance Matheus took, but we ended with a good resolution for everyone," said Hobbs.

"Matheus is a hugely talented player but would admit that last season he didn’t hit the heights he expected, but it was a tough season for the team, so maybe he wasn’t allowed to do that.

“We’ve lost a player with a lot of potential, a lot of ability, but the situation has led to us bringing a greater number of players in to improve the squad and provide competition in the group.

"The players here want competition in training, so while we’ve lost a good player, it’s made us a more competitive and better squad overall.”

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just didn't need to strike, would have got his move and done it respectfully.
think this is what has ****** everyone off. No need to do it. Wolves said open to fee, we were already discussing replacements and talking as if he wasnt here.
His wolves obituary would of been "we expected more from you as a record signing but potential clearly there, we understand the move to city as who would turn that down considering their current standing in the game, we get a profit despite you not really being that good for us. Off you pop, no hard feelings but we dont really care about you and we all move on"

Now its 'youre a petulant kid who has been arrogant throughout his tenure who spat his dummy out to progress a move that was already happening, good riddance and i dont wish you any success. bit of a snake and will be pantomime villain on return.'

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Hopefully any thoughts of wolves fabricating nunes going on strike to appease the current situation and garner acceptance of nunes leaving is put to bed now with the statement from hobbs. No way to a director come out with that sort of statement without the goods to back it up.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So glad we got this deal done it would have been pretty awful if he had stayed. His overall contribution was pretty sporadic and while he obviously had ability his decision making was often very poor indeed. Will we miss him? No I doubt it.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
“I’ve learned so much during my season at Wolves and I’m excited to continue improving in the Premier League, a division which brings the best out of me.''

Brings the best out of you??!!

I must have missed that.

If that's his best I'm relieved we didn't see his worst....

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would he though?
I'm concerned this sets a precedent for other players wanting to leave.
I think he'd have been sold anyway, especially if he'd privately stated he wanted to leave, I don't think the club would want a player that didn't want to be here and I think we'd have been glad of the money to do what we've done. The striking was just unnecessary in my view.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he'd have been sold anyway, especially if he'd privately stated he wanted to leave, I don't think the club would want a player that didn't want to be here and I think we'd have been glad of the money to do what we've done. The striking was just unnecessary in my view.
Definitely. If anything the striking could have made the club dig their heels in over it. And encourage city to not raise their bid.

DJLWolf

Reaction score
Unfortunately, he has proven what we all knew - he never wanted to play for us.

We need to learn from this as a club and never do it again.

In no other industry would any owner or manager give someone a job, who actively didn't want it.

Good riddance.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
short announcement club haven’t thanked him like they normally would
The comments from Hobbs…… OUCH!!!!

Hobbs said: 'I was disappointed with how it ended, it wasn’t necessary the stance Matheus took, but we ended with a good resolution for everyone.

'Matheus is a hugely talented player but would admit that last season he didn’t hit the heights he expected, but it was a tough season for the team, so maybe he wasn’t allowed to do that.

'We’ve lost a player with a lot of potential, a lot of ability, but the situation has led to us bringing a greater number of players in to improve the squad and provide competition in the group.

'The players here want competition in training, so while we’ve lost a good player, it’s made us a more competitive and better squad overall.'

That has to sting!!!

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unfortunately, he has proven what we all knew - he never wanted to play for us.

We need to learn from this as a club and never do it again.

In no other industry would any owner or manager give someone a job, who actively didn't want it.

Good riddance.
Wasn't an awful deal, managed to flip him for a profit and get Doyle on the cheap.

The Guedes deal was far worse.

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The comments from Hobbs…… OUCH!!!!

Hobbs said: 'I was disappointed with how it ended, it wasn’t necessary the stance Matheus took, but we ended with a good resolution for everyone.

'Matheus is a hugely talented player but would admit that last season he didn’t hit the heights he expected, but it was a tough season for the team, so maybe he wasn’t allowed to do that.

'We’ve lost a player with a lot of potential, a lot of ability, but the situation has led to us bringing a greater number of players in to improve the squad and provide competition in the group.

'The players here want competition in training, so while we’ve lost a good player, it’s made us a more competitive and better squad overall.'

That has to sting!!!
Roughly translated.

‘Matheus was an utter **** with the way he downed tools; however we thought when we signed him he was going to be dead good but he was a bit crap really and we’ve done dead well to make a profit and get all the wedge paid up front. Getting that snake off the books means we can actually sign some players who might make us better and even if they don’t and they’re not ****s then we still win’

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wasn't an awful deal, managed to flip him for a profit and get Doyle on the cheap.

not many worse deals will ever be made by wolves in history!!

This needs to be fully de briefed and educated to all on-boarding for the recruitment team as the “you do this and you are bloody sacked” part of the training plan hahaha

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Roughly translated.

‘Matheus was an utter **** with the way he downed tools; however we thought when we signed him he was going to be dead good but he was a bit crap really and we’ve done dead well to make a profit and get all the wedge paid up front. Getting that snake off the books means we can actually sign some players who might make us better and even if they don’t and they’re not ****s then we still win’
Yup…. It was glorious in what it said and inferred all at the same time, very well nuanced!!!

DJLWolf

Reaction score

That's fair, but regardless, I don't think signing players that aren't interested and dedicated to playing for the club is a sensible strategy!

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To add some balance, I always thought Nunes always tried while on the pitch, and whenever we scored he always went mad with his celebrations, so I think he wanted to do well while here and cared about our results.

He just conducted himself terribly at the end by refusing to train, which is inexcusable. Will get a nice reception at Molineux later this month I'm sure.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, but I want it.

Two very different things.

He didn't WANT the job.

You're the one who brought up 'loving' it.That word never came out of my mouth.

He wanted the job because it would give him the right experience to get his dream job. That happens in lots of other industries!

DJLWolf

Reaction score
He wanted the job because it would give him the right experience to get his dream job. That happens in lots of other industries!

That's a fair comment.

Nobody will ever be able to convince me he was happy to be at Wolves though, or ever genuinely wanted to come.

Whatever anyway, I'm glad he's gone.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To add some balance, I always thought Nunes always tried while on the pitch, and whenever we scored he always went mad with his celebrations, so I think he wanted to do well while here and cared about our results.

He just conducted himself terribly at the end by refusing to train, which is inexcusable. Will get a nice reception at Molineux later this month I'm sure.

Spot on, IMO. But too many people can't separate things like that - because he left badly, they now knew all along he wasn't suited to the PL, isn't good enough, didn't ever want to be here, thought he was too good for the club, doesn't even like his dog etc.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After watching his interview…..

It is hard not to want him to flop hard, in a major way……

Ungrateful *******…….

People think Ben foster and MGW gets stick….. I cannot wait to hear his reception at molineux!!!!!

Boo him and jeer him so hard even his future generations can hear it!!

Back
Top Bottom