Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nunes to City

Sedgers

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To add some balance, I always thought Nunes always tried while on the pitch, and whenever we scored he always went mad with his celebrations, so I think he wanted to do well while here and cared about our results.

He just conducted himself terribly at the end by refusing to train, which is inexcusable. Will get a nice reception at Molineux later this month I'm sure.
I hope Lemina goes right through him with a tackle and says "Welcome back to Molineux Matheus you **** "

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would he though?
I'm concerned this sets a precedent for other players wanting to leave.
No kidding!
Lets hope that Doyle, Adams, Gonzales etc don’t all want to leave next summer and join Nunes, Guedes, Podence and others who wanted to leave.

It kinda feels like we’re starting all over again……

Reaction score
Understand that some of our players are happy for him on a personal level but wish they wouldn't do it so publicly, he has just **** on the team you represent. I got in trouble for saying what i want to say last time so ill phrase it differently, i wish Kevin Muscat still played for us so he could introduce himself when we meet again.

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Understand that some of our players are happy for him on a personal level but wish they wouldn't do it so publicly, he has just **** on the team you represent. I got in trouble for saying what i want to say last time so ill phrase it differently, i wish Kevin Muscat still played for us so he could introduce himself when we meet again.
That's worse than what you did say :tearsofjoy:

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not really sure how so many needlessly personal posts about the looks of a player who did alright for us and has funded our transfer window are given the green light, but my comment during the world cup about Harry Kane hitting his head on every branch of the ugly tree is taken down with a warning but hey ho :/

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Not really sure how so many needlessly personal posts about the looks of a player who did alright for us and has funded our transfer window are given the green light, but my comment during the world cup about Harry Kane hitting his head on every branch of the ugly tree is taken down with a warning but hey ho :/
I'm here but not up to moderating at the moment. My Dad has had two seizures this afternoon.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was wondering if the Nunes deal hadn't gone through would we not have got the 2 x S Americans + Bellegrand and I assume Doyle?

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The comments from Hobbs…… OUCH!!!!

Hobbs said: 'I was disappointed with how it ended, it wasn’t necessary the stance Matheus took, but we ended with a good resolution for everyone.

'Matheus is a hugely talented player but would admit that last season he didn’t hit the heights he expected, but it was a tough season for the team, so maybe he wasn’t allowed to do that.

'We’ve lost a player with a lot of potential, a lot of ability, but the situation has led to us bringing a greater number of players in to improve the squad and provide competition in the group.

'The players here want competition in training, so while we’ve lost a good player, it’s made us a more competitive and better squad overall.'

That has to sting!!!
It's quite well worded comments from Hobbs.
Personally, for reasons that I don't fully understand myself, I don't feel particular animosity towards Nunes, certainly much less than what I feel for Lopetegui who, IMO is lower than a snakes belly.
He's in the Hoddle category of despicable individuals, and before you jump on me, it's just my opinion that I've developed in my 70+ years of encountering all sorts of characters, good and not so.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nunes’ comments haven’t really bothered me it’s just confirmed what his actions over the last week have said about his character.

Don’t blame him for wanting to leave but the way he went about it was needless and left a totally needless bad taste in the mouth.

Oh well.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Meh, good luck to him. I’m indifferent tbh. Very good player imo, but not shown his true potential yet. Can’t excuse his poor attitude once the city interest was known, but it’s done and we are managing to bring in reinforcements.

Brian Law’s buses

Reaction score
Meh, good luck to him. I’m indifferent tbh. Very good player imo, but not shown his true potential yet. Can’t excuse his poor attitude once the city interest was known, but it’s done and we are managing to bring in reinforcements.
I’m with you. He was purchased to flip and make a profit, job done. I believe he will make a success of his time in the city team, he’s more suitable to a team mainly on the front foot with possession of over 65% most games

A wanderer from Bristol

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So sorry to hear about your dad Mutchy

So maybe we could self regulate a little bit eh and help Mutchy out? By all means express opinions about the way Nunes has behaved, but do people really have to keep resorting to insulting his personal appearance? It's playground stuff and pretty demeaning all round. No one remarked on how he looked when we signed him

Last edited:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So sorry to hear that.

So maybe we could self regulate a little bit eh and help Mutchy out? By all means express opinions about the way Nunes has behaved, but do people really have to keep resorting to insulting his personal appearance? It's playground stuff and pretty demeaning all round. No one remarked on how he looked when we signed him
True enough..... I doubt, looking at the general Wolves fanbase that many Mixers are exactly oil paintings themselves either.... I'm certainly not lol....

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know I’m his number one fanboy, but struggle to get my around how Nunes is valued higher in £ than Neves.

City, Liverpool, United, all needed midfield reinforcements yet none of them came in for Ruben. The lack of interest in him blows my brain.

An incredible footballer. Nunes isn’t fit to lace his boots.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know I’m his number one fanboy, but struggle to get my around how Nunes is valued higher in £ than Neves.

Reading the City website......he made his debut in 2018-19 for Estoril, then went to Sporting, then Wolves.
He's played 150 games. He has recorded 9 goals and 10 assists in that time.

It'll be interesting to see if playing in the best team in the country helps him improve or not, because for 53 million you'd expect those stats every season, not across 5 years.
Either way in our position, we were better off taking the money.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reading the City website......he made his debut in 2018-19 for Estoril, then went to Sporting, then Wolves.
He's played 150 games. He has recorded 9 goals and 10 assists in that time.

It'll be interesting to see if playing in the best team in the country helps him improve or not, because for 53 million you'd expect those stats every season, not across 5 years.
Either way in our position, we were better off taking the money.
Why are you judging a central midfielder on goals and assists?

Back
Top Bottom