Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nunes to City

Wolf616

Groupie
Reaction score
Sky Sports News literally had a segment on it.

Interesting to know whether Pep will be annoyed by this unprofessional behaviour though.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sky Sports News literally had a segment on it.

Interesting to know whether Pep will be annoyed by this unprofessional behaviour though.

I strongly suspect the not training thing is private advice that's been given to him by his lovely agent and potential buying club - with City now sitting on it for a day or so to see if we wilt in the negotiations money-wise. I reckon we will see an agreement which is closer to what City want to pay than what we said we wanted by tomorrow.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why would 3 or 4 different journalists say he’s not training?
I don’t know. Did he give them an interview?? Are they listening to hearsay?? Is he injured?? Has he compassionate leave for some reason?? Have the club consented??

The club, his employer, have not confirmed the story!

jeb01

Reaction score
I know it’s a different era, and football has changed beyond my comprehension, but I would have liked to Nunes to refuse to work under Shankly or Clough. They would have soon put him in his place.

That creates an interesting mental image or two.

I’m not sure Shankly or Clough would have needed to get involved. I don’t think Nunes would have dared step out of line in either the Liverpool or the Forest dressing rooms. Some tough characters in both who would have had “a word” with him round the back of the bike shed.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sold down river by the lies of the club?

Jeff’s own letter, showed his systematic failings and admittance he has learned nothing if you actually read it.

If you think we took that deal willingly as it was so bad for us, then you have essentially admitted fosun and the team failed!!!!!!

If you don’t think you defend fosun, then you need to read your posts….. all you do is defend Jeff when he was accused of being dishonest, despite JL is on record saying he was, if JL lied, why hasn’t Jeff sued him???

Why wasn’t he sacked for professional gross misconduct as soon as it hit the press?

Because it is accurate
To be fair, you’re the direct opposite - you slag the club regardless of what they do.

You can’t ask for nuance from someone else when you have none yourself.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I don’t know. Did he give them an interview?? Are they listening to hearsay?? Is he injured?? Has he compassionate leave for some reason?? Have the club consented??

The club, his employer, have not confirmed the story!
They haven’t refuted it which they would if he was injured or had permission
I can understand if it was one journalist but it isn’t Percy wouldn’t be reporting it if wasn’t true

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It appears we’re hanging Nunes on hearsay evidence!
Yep. We have no idea what promises were made to Nunes, we only have one side of the story.

Mad that people seemingly hated Lopetegui for speaking out about the direction the club is heading in, and are also willingly swallowing the narrative being spoonfed by Wolves that places all of the blame on the player.

I know it's seemingly the Chinese culture to blindly accept authority's say so without question, but Fosun must be delighted that so many of our fans are falling for the same trick.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep. We have no idea what promises were made to Nunes, we only have one side of the story.

Mad that people seemingly hated Lopetegui for speaking out about the direction the club is heading in, and are also willingly swallowing the narrative being spoonfed by Wolves that places all of the blame on the player.

I know it's seemingly the Chinese culture to blindly accept authority's say so without question, but Fosun must be delighted that so many of our fans are falling for the same trick.
Promises are what's in the contract.

He had a release clause and we apparently bought it out, which would most definitely compensate him and his agent. I'm sure he had no issue taking that money.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the price were fair nobody would say a word. It would be business. But this is some type of strong-arm lowball move by Citeh, and if it’s true that Nunes is not training then he’s chosen to get involved and in the wrong manner.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How on earth has a Mendes client gone on strike from a club that is heavily linked with Mendes?

Who the hell is advising him as it seems to make zero sense?
As someone said this isn't Mendes MO.

It looks like he has been 'advised' by someone else.

Not sure if Citeh have previous in this area, but as it's not something I can see Pep encouraging (team before the individual) can only assume he has someone else in his ear giving it large?

Huge of Sharjah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I strongly suspect the not training thing is private advice that's been given to him by his lovely agent and potential buying club - with City now sitting on it for a day or so to see if we wilt in the negotiations money-wise. I reckon we will see an agreement which is closer to what City want to pay than what we said we wanted by tomorrow.

Thought exactly the same thing.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair, you’re the direct opposite - you slag the club regardless of what they do.

You can’t ask for nuance from someone else when you have none yourself.
However, if someone shows me a direct quote from the club or a stat that shows I am wrong I back down and admit I was wrong……

He doesn’t, and didn’t in this case

Jeffs letter does admit to errors in planning and not getting the squad rebuild correct.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They haven’t refuted it which they would if he was injured or had permission
I can understand if it was one journalist but it isn’t Percy wouldn’t be reporting it if wasn’t true

But Wagstaff has a point……it’s not confirmed.
And footy fans know very well not to trust anything until it’s official. We’ve been down this road a thousand times.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did he know about the offer when he got himself sent off? He’s ruined our team spirit and forced the club to pay over the odds for a replacement.

billy big boots!

stick to £60 million and play hardball and buy a replacement asap.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
However, if someone shows me a direct quote from the club or a stat that shows I am wrong I back down and admit I was wrong……

He doesn’t, and didn’t in this case

Jeffs letter does admit to errors in planning and not getting the squad rebuild correct.
Errors is one thing…..it happens.
Doesn’t mean they’re lies but unless God himself told you otherwise, you think Fosun/Jeff lie all the time.
So you leave no room for another point of view.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Errors is one thing…..it happens.
Doesn’t mean they’re lies but unless God himself told you otherwise, you think Fosun/Jeff lie all the time.
So you leave no room for another point of view.
I have admitted I was wrong on a quote I attributed to Jeff that I was told incorrectly by a mate at the game…..

You litterally shot the guys proof down and dismissed it….. it was from an interview from the horses mouth on the official page. Even I would admit I was wrong…..

I got accused of gas lighting by one poster about two weeks ago because I changed my view after the person I was discussing with showed me a side I missed and I then said I was wrong as I based my opinion on incorrect fact.

Somethings I won’t change in in regards to fosun and their practices because I have heard the stories first hand from people involved with them from other clubs and twice ex employees…..

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did he know about the offer when he got himself sent off? He’s ruined our team spirit and forced the club to pay over the odds for a replacement.

billy big boots!

stick to £60 million and play hardball and buy a replacement asap.
Sadly I think the team spirit was gone a long time go and its my opinion that is causing a lot of problems within the club since last year.

It’s very possible a lot of the players want out

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Get out there and buy the players we want .
Dont let City demote us on a very late deadline deal .

Poztin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I could tell he was a wrong un when he stuck his middle finger up on Costas Instagram…

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have admitted I was wrong on a quote I attributed to Jeff that I was told incorrectly by a mate at the game…..

You litterally shot the guys proof down and dismissed it….. it was from an interview from the horses mouth on the official page. Even I would admit I was wrong…..

I got accused of gas lighting by one poster about two weeks ago because I changed my view after the person I was discussing with showed me a side I missed and I then said I was wrong as I based my opinion on incorrect fact.

Somethings I won’t change in in regards to fosun and their practices because I have heard the stories first hand from people involved with them from other clubs and twice ex employees…..
Hobbs remark about Traore and in the same page he says that Costa was successful here.
Sorry but I read it as a nice PR fluffy piece.
But why don’t we leave it there.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're at the point now where we just need this done to release funds. It'll only end in tears if he's still here come the close of the window or worse yet, we accept on deadline day with no time to reinvest/an excuse from Fosun not to. We need this done now

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're at the point now where we just need this done to release funds. It'll only end in tears if he's still here come the close of the window or worse yet, we accept on deadline day with no time to reinvest/an excuse from Fosun not to. We need this done now
Don’t blink, Jeff…….hold firm. £75m has a nice ring to it.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Even if he goes, it's not like fosun appear to have a ton of liquidity....transfer fees don't get paid all at once, right?

If Wolves get two players in this window after selling nunes, I will be happily surprised.

Welford Wolf

Reaction score
Pep won’t care if he lands his man…..
I wouldn't be so sure about that - Pep might view this petulant **** the same way as he does the one he has already in Cancedo and decide that he doesn't want another that is going to moan every time he is not picked!

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't believe what's happening to our club, makes you appreciate what a fabulous bunch of players we had under Nuno, arrogant ****
All I’m worried about is how are we going to get back to a happy club. If the atmosphere at Compton is not healthy, ( and I don’t know that it isn’t), then Gary has a massive task ahead of him.
Can he win the confidence of the players or have they kinda given up?

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is getting exceedingly boring now. I just hope Hobbs has deals ready to go because this deal with City may drag on for a day or 2 more.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is getting exceedingly boring now. I just hope Hobbs has deals ready to go because this deal with City may drag on for a day or 2 more.
Hobbs is a cracking guy, well connected and a good knowledge of players.

Give him the chance to recruit his targets with some coin and we will be ok

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That creates an interesting mental image or two.

I’m not sure Shankly or Clough would have needed to get involved. I don’t think Nunes would have dared step out of line in either the Liverpool or the Forest dressing rooms. Some tough characters in both who would have had “a word” with him round the back of the bike shed.

I think you’re right. Tommy Smith springs to mind. It would take a braver man than me to threaten to go on strike with the likes of Smith around.

What was it Shankly said of Tommy Smith, “He wasn’t born, he was made in a quarry “, or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom