Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nunes to City

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Don't think it would be that great a move for Nunes. When KDB gets back he could end up hardly ever playing like Phillips.

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
GON will hardly believe his luck, spent 70M in January with Bournemouth and will get to spunk the Nunes and Semedo money on dross here too.

Gary O'Neil spent roughly £50M in January, far less than we did, and Bournemouth were a newly promoted club who had not been able to strengthen properly due to the club changing hands and whose manager openly claimed to feel sorry for his players.

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Late to the party, but for what it's worth I think Nunes is POTENTIALLY a fabulous footballer, but he shows far too many times that he isn't willing to really work for the team. He tackles from the wrong side, loses the ball too easily by dribbling out of trouble when a simple pass was on (although I accept that his ability to wriggle out of challenges is fantastic... mostly!) and is imply unwilling to track back as quickly as opponents are sprinting forwards.

in a top side he will look fantastic, but for us, we need people who will do the hard graft AS WELL as the fancy stuff.

50m Euro in this current inflated market for midfielders is surely too low, but £60m would probably get it done ... especially if we have the pick of a couple of top City academy players.
Academy players just won't cut it for us at this point, we need Prem quality,ready to go straight into the team.

We don't want another dud like Hoever!

Poztin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You don’t sell players you don’t want or need to for what they are “worth”.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Caicedo, Lavia, Enzo, Rice ..... they've set the precedent.

Hold out for big bucks and preferable terms, or don't sell.
Unless they want the cash and are worried City will move to another target.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure I’ll bother this season if this goes ahead.

A bit ****ed off I renewed.
I know someone…in fact a few people that’ll take your card off your hands.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Obviously Pep and Man City’s recruitment team know slight more than me!

But I really don’t see Nunes as a fit them.

His passing is awful.

I suppose he’s a bit like grealish, and they’ve made that work. But do they want 2 of those?!

IMO they would have been better off signing Neves.

StraightToPopworld

Reaction score
Would this sale sort out our FFP issues? Despite minimal profit, I assume FFP-wise our books would look much better with a €50million outgoing to offset the 5 x 10 million of his amortisation?*

*I have no idea what I’m talking about.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
I unfortunately have absolutely no idea of remotely what's going on any more. Just very hopeful thinking... that's the deal I would be pushing for, for sure.

City wanting Mattheus could be a blessing in disguise. I think he is a wonderful player on his day, but we can singlehandedly wipe out any financial issues, and use Citys desire to get him to get one or more very promising players on loan from then. Hopefully with an option.

Does this single-handedly wipe out our financial issues? We got way more than we budgeted for with Neves, have made good money on other sales and cleared a number of our biggest earners off the wage bill.

Just how bad is our financial position that we now need to sell Nunes? Would all/any of the fee be reinvested?

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A move to a top club was always the goal for Nunes, but the timing is nothing short of a disaster. Not because we are guaranteed relegation without him, but because we have absolutely no reason to believe the pending arrivals will be the right ones. These are very worrying times.
What pending arrivals?

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would this sale sort out our FFP issues? Despite minimal profit, I assume FFP-wise our books would look much better with a €50million outgoing to offset the 5 x 10 million of his amortisation?*

*I have no idea what I’m talking about.

Would think the remaining balance on him would come off the books straight away, so 50M doesn't get us that much extra wriggle room.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we can sell Nunes for £80m and use that £50m of profit to bring in 4-5 quality players to properly beef up the squad, I'm all for it. He's a special player on his day, but he's not consistent enough, and I've never been truly convinced that he wants to be here (in my opinion).

In reality, if we sell him for £45m, taking away 10% for Sporting, that's something like a £10m profit as his book value is currently in the region of £30m. That's barely affording us Josh Brownhill. Absolutely laughable.

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Does this single-handedly wipe out our financial issues? We got way more than we budgeted for with Neves, have made good money on other sales and cleared a number of our biggest earners off the wage bill.

Just how bad is our financial position that we now need to sell Nunes? Would all/any of the fee be reinvested?

It would singlehandedly wipe out the use of that as an excuse at least.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If this is the sale that triggers the rebuild , then so be it.
If we can make £20m on a player that had too few good games , and rarely looked like he wanted to be here. Then I'm not massively against it
Oh come on, there is going to be no rebuild! We've been spun these total lies the entire summer, and no sign of any signings. The money is going straight to China towers and **** Wolves it's team and it's fans.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we can sell Nunes for £80m and use that £50m of profit to bring in 4-5 quality players to properly beef up the squad, I'm all for it. He's a special player on his day, but he's not consistent enough, and I've never been truly convinced that he wants to be here (in my opinion).

In reality, if we sell him for £45m, taking away 10% for Sporting, that's something like a £10m profit as his book value is currently in the region of £30m. That's barely affording us Josh Brownhill. Absolutely laughable.

The Nunes to Brownhill "FFP" downgrade will be brought to us by the same masterminds that sold Collins for 3M profit.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Academy players just won't cut it for us at this point, we need Prem quality,ready to go straight into the team.

We don't want another dud like Hoever!
That dud may not turn out to be a dud. Spells away from here have done him wonders.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t disagree but the last 6 weeks of activity at Wolves give me “0” confidence there is any planning whatsoever
thats the problem really isn't it, with this news now circulating about him possibly going the new worry now is that we will sell but won't have anything ready in terms of replacement, maybe it would allow Elvedi deal to get over the line. But having more cover in defense whilst losing another midfielder and attacking link up would seem to be another step backwards

floydstreet

Reaction score
‪This if it happens will make everything clear. Nunes sold and we spend nothing and it’s clear this isn’t FFP it’s asset stripping. They sell him and invest in players, then maybe it’s pragmatism with a player always going to leave to strengthen the team.‬

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why are Fosun being accused of asset stripping just because Man City have bid for one of our players? If we offered him to them then yes I’d understand.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Which is exactly what I expect to happen. A small fraction of his sale value spent on a cheap replacement, and the club will trot out the line that we still have FFP constraints, and point to the net book profit. The reality is that the club invested 40m in Nunes, so while they can argue that the book profit is say 10m and that’s all they can spend, they are in reality recovering 40m of investment at the same time. They have pushed a narrative on FFP through their trusted journalists, but in reality it was only ever a partial truth.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sell Randoph sell!
It’s the old gold crop not the orange crop and Shi is Beaks

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we get a good fee, I don't see the outrage. He hasn't set the world on fire here. Maybe get 50 million and throw in Doyle and Mcatee and it's not a bad deal.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why are Fosun being accused of asset stripping just because Man City have bid for one of our players? If we offered him to them then yes I’d understand.
I think they’re just a little concerned by all the outgoings and the lack of incomings.. added to that the rumours of Fosun’s cash issues and potential sale. I think most people just want to see a good Wolves team and decent football, and this summer has been quite a grim one.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because they are guessing that the money isn't spent.

Back
Top Bottom