Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nunes to City

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any chance we can pull a moody on them. Accept the bid and give them Guedes instead.:cool:

Stourwolf

Reaction score
Not sure I’ll bother this season if this goes ahead.

A bit ****ed off I renewed.
This should have been done weeks ago with Scott coming to us instead of Bournemouth.

He leaves now, we are ****ged

Looking forward to a rebuild in the Championship Jeff?
Don’t think we,ll come back up with these owners.really think we they are done with any investment.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If this is the sale that triggers the rebuild , then so be it.
If we can make £20m on a player that had too few good games , and rarely looked like he wanted to be here. Then I'm not massively against it
If we sell Nunes there won’t be time to invest in new players before the window closes.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll defend Jeff / Fosun a little bit in that they haven't accepted this bid yet. But would anyone put it past them to accept, and not reinvest in the team? That's just how much credit they've torched with Wolves fans. As @Flaneur points out, the fact that Nunes has already accepted terms before the bid is accepted (I hate how this is a thing these days, by the way) is really worrying, as it puts most of the cards in City's hands. I can see Fosun buckling before the £50m point. When you consider 10% of the profit goes to Sporting, and the book value malarkey for a player one year further into his contract, a pretty crappy Summer just keeps getting worse.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Respectfully disagree. The biggest (only) weakness to his game is that he is very emotional and hot-headed at times. Genuinely think it was frustration and how the afternoon had panned out boiling over.

Absolutely idiotic sending-off but I don’t for one minute think it was pre-meditated.
Agreed, people are clutching at straws there 100%

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have they accepted the bid then ? I missed that bit
You’d think so with the amount of moronic posts in this thread. Some people just can’t wait to have a moan at anything. Man City lodge a bid, for god sake semedo

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
€50m plus (everyone seems to have overlooked the word 'plus') is the base fee... before any add ons at all, which would potentially be substantial.

McAtee on loan for the season would go some way to covering for what Mattheus would have provided this season.... not in a position to turn down a deal like this.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Agreed, people are clutching at straws there 100%

There was no mention of any interest before the game. And if he wasn’t wanting to risk injury and jeopardise the move, why would you go through 90 plus minutes flat out before getting yourself sent off.

Surely you’d just claim a minor injury beforehand.

Sephiroth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
€50m plus (everyone seems to have overlooked the word 'plus') is the base fee... before any add ons at all, which would potentially be substantial.

McAtee on loan for the season would go some way to covering for what Mattheus would have provided this season.... not in a position to turn down a deal like this.

Finally, a bit of common sense!

JTWolf

Groupie
Reaction score

Mcatee in return with an option to buy would be preferential

But I would be hanging out for 60 plus add ons and macatee in return with no loan fee just wages

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Okay, but you don’t go from £43m to £70m, so even if it pushes up a bit, it still won’t be good enough
Whatever the bid it won't be good enough for alot of people on here.
Funny that they were happy for Max to go but they didn't match our valuation.
Who is to say City will

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We re doomed if he goes , last quality player we have.
Mind you, most of you on here never stopped slagging him off last season

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Not in the position to turn down a deal like this?!

Jesus wept.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not good, no... but it's very, very obvious.
I mean, I see the ££ signs lighting up in Jeff's eyes as its close to value lowering but enough to get some recovery funds out.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There was no mention of any interest before the game. And if he wasn’t wanting to risk injury and jeopardise the move, why would you go through 90 plus minutes flat out before getting yourself sent off.

Surely you’d just claim a minor injury beforehand.
Obviously none of us know, but why bother lying about an injury when you can just get yourself suspended?

I’d guess this hasn’t just started in the last 3 days?

easy second yellow in injury time, no worries about having to be involved in the last game before the window shuts.

(Appreciate I can’t possibly prove this but I never get involved in conspiracy theories on here so this is the one I’m going for).

OsloWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A move to a top club was always the goal for Nunes, but the timing is nothing short of a disaster. Not because we are guaranteed relegation without him, but because we have absolutely no reason to believe the pending arrivals will be the right ones. These are very worrying times.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

€50m and McAtee on loan would sweeten the sale. Have you heard that maybe in the deal?

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How is Lavia worth more than Nunes?? This is what I dont get! If he goes I’ll wish him well but he’s never ever lived up to his potential the end product of assists and goals is poor, though our style of play don’t help, but Neves got more of both last season

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
At the end of the day, Nunes has only shown glimpses of his ability and has vastly underperformed for us.
If at the end of last season, City were in for him for for nearly £70M, most of us would've happily sold him at a profit.

In case no one remembers, when we were in for him, it was with the view that we would be treated as a stepping stone.

At the end of the day, he's looked disinterested in very many of the games he's played, and although I agree that we have a gem of a player... if we can sell him at a profit and help our FFP issues, while also reinforcing elsewhere, then so be it.

It'll help our case in becoming a "stepping stone" club - which ultimately is where we want to be, just like Brighton, which people are obsessed with.
Help our FFP issues?

Wake up, we’ve now sold 90 mil of players, we don’t have FFP issues we just have owners that don’t want to invest anymore.

Dunno why anyone would want him sold for whatever fee comes in as we won’t reinvest or even worse it will be another panicked Mendes over pay. Honestly never felt so disillusioned with the club and that’s including when we went down to league 1.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s going regardless, he will 100% want the move and we won’t hold him back. Just need to hope we stay strong and get a good amount

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought the same on Saturday, it looked like he was trying to get sent off. That said, he looked unhappy and crotchety all game.
Agree. In all honesty he’s never really wanted to be here and he seemed to be expecting a bigger move last summer.

Oh well, at least we got to enjoy 6 good performances from him 12 months.

All we need is Bouby to step up and no injuries or suspensions to any of our midfielders between now and May and I reckon we’ll be ok.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How is Lavia worth more than Nunes?? This is what I dont get! If he goes I’ll wish him well but he’s never ever lived up to his potential the end product of assists and goals is poor, though our style of play don’t help, but Neves got more of both last season

Because thats what Southampton valued him at, we kinda have a history of undervaluing players ... Jota being the obvious one

Back
Top Bottom