Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

North Bank Watch

GeoffPalmersLeftBoot

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Today against Barnsley a mate of mine and I sat in Upper 4 of the North Bank right next to the Barnsley fans.

I could give my own impression of the atmosphere etc of the North Bank. However I'm extremely curious as to the observations of the North Bank by those sat elsewhere within the ground.
I know that at one stage the local Constabuary had to reenforce the stewards that were sandwiched between both sets of supporters.

S

Shifnal Wolf

Im in the SB upper and apart from once when the North Bank responded to some noise from Barnsley nothing seemed any different.

South Bank faithful clearly create the atmosphere in the stadium.

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Glad to hear the North Bank was better today, my parents sit there and said it was much better.

B

Boswell

In SB upper aswell, saw some man being question by stewards and the police being called to help calm tensions but nothing more than I would expect from away fans sat next to home fans

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Thought it was decent tbf! Think the problem we have in the North Bank, there are actually people who sing (like me! :D), but then there's lots of people who just sit and watch the game. Whereas if you wanna sit in the South Bank, it's kinda the law that you've gotta sing!

Finch3d

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
NB upper was great today! So much better than normal. I think its much better having away fans in corner and having Steve Bull full of home supporters. Looks better on tv too. Most of the time the camera see all the away support and somtimes when playing lower supported teams there are a lot of empty seats visible on tv. Not a great image for wolves... home or abroad.

T

turner845

It will be interesting to see what we do with away fans if do go up because under current Premier League rules we have to make available a minimum of 3000. I don't think that the Bully lower tier holds this many now, so it may be that we have to give the away fans the Bully lower and possibly one tier of the quadrant.

Derby Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Speaking of the North Bank today a bloke was taken sick on the steps down to the concourse of NL3. He was awake but think he'd collapsed and had stewards/medics attending to him. They closed NL3 to treat him and had to get to my seat via NL2.

Anybody else see anything? Hope he makes a speedy recovery.

S

ShropshireLad

I normally sit in the South Bank because of the atmosphere (my opinion) but there were no tickets available so sat in the North Bank Lower. I have to say that the South Bank sounded quite subdued for long periods (my opinion) which really surprised me.

For the Boro match I had to sit in J9 of the Steve Bull and also found the South Bank to be quiet compared to how I'd have expected it to be.

I have to also say that I had to sit with the Brentford fans and the 2,000 supporters at the away end made a whole lot of noise. Is it a case of the South Bank sounding loud when one's sitting in the South Bank or do others think it's quieter this season?

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was good in the SB today most the game , I guess the sound doesn't travel well in the ground as we only really heard the NB once around the time the Tykes fans came to life.

S

ShropshireLad

Was that a penalty that Barnsley should have had at the South Bank end?

paddy2929

Groupie
Reaction score
Speaking of the North Bank today a bloke was taken sick on the steps down to the concourse of NL3. He was awake but think he'd collapsed and had stewards/medics attending to him. They closed NL3 to treat him and had to get to my seat via NL2.

Anybody else see anything? Hope he makes a speedy recovery.
There was a old chap possibly in his 70s being carried in a chair down the stairs of nu1/2, he was smiling and joking with the paramedics and seemed ok thankfully, that was just after kick off

Last edited:

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The North Bank Upper seemed lively at times today, i think having the Tykes fans nearby brought us to life, I have to say cant hear much of the South Bonk from up there, first time in the Upper, i like it up there but to many bloody steps for a 65 year old :D. There was a older gent taken down in a chair by the medics in NL1 about 10/15 minutes into the game, hope he is okay.

Derby Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There was a old chap possibly in his 70s being carried in a chair down the stairs of nu3/4, he was smiling and joking with the paramedics and seemed ok thankfully, that was just after kick off

Nah this guy was younger I'd say 40's and it was during half time. Seems like St Johns had a busy one.

No more than the brizzle one so evens

Worst atmosphere for a long time today.

This is probably going to be an unpopular opinion, but when we draw bigger than average crowds in a game like that the atmosphere is normally below par because we aren't winning. Comes back to the age-old argument of should the players inspire the fans or should the fans inspire the players...

W

wolvesultra

I normally sit in the South Bank because of the atmosphere (my opinion) but there were no tickets available so sat in the North Bank Lower. I have to say that the South Bank sounded quite subdued for long periods (my opinion) which really surprised me.

For the Boro match I had to sit in J9 of the Steve Bull and also found the South Bank to be quiet compared to how I'd have expected it to be.

I have to also say that I had to sit with the Brentford fans and the 2,000 supporters at the away end made a whole lot of noise. Is it a case of the South Bank sounding loud when one's sitting in the South Bank or do others think it's quieter this season?

I think there's certainly a valid point that the Southbank has slightly declined for atmosphere this season compared to its usual higher starting point. But other parts of the ground seem to have slightly improved (although Southbank is still head and shoulders above any other stand).

I suppose that's what happens when a lot of singers who used to go in there have been displaced.

A lot of people saw the overspill as a positive thing adding a bit of atmosphere to northbank, quadrant and Bully etc but may have not realised the impact had on the Southbank.

Not having all the singers in one place means overall impact of atmosphere suffers in my opinion.

Shame a Southbank season ticket doesn't come with a must sing agreement.

W

wolvesultra

It will be interesting to see what we do with away fans if do go up because under current Premier League rules we have to make available a minimum of 3000. I don't think that the Bully lower tier holds this many now, so it may be that we have to give the away fans the Bully lower and possibly one tier of the quadrant.

Can't be 3k can think of a few premier league teams that give less than 3k. The **** for example

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought south bank has been very quiet all this season at least the north bank are having ago even if it's only three times per match. I was sat in BW upper

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd like to thank the fans in the South Bank for their fantastic effort with Carls support banner before the game.

Looked amazing and well worth all the effort of getting it in there. It was only meant to go up to the top, but it moved up and then sideways.

Huge thanks to a certain Edgy (you may remember him) and to the lads from Telford Wolves who helped me with this.

Hopefully that banner will be in the crowd for some of the away games too if we can sort out permission. Starting on Wednesday.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think there's certainly a valid point that the Southbank has slightly declined for atmosphere this season compared to its usual higher starting point. But other parts of the ground seem to have slightly improved (although Southbank is still head and shoulders above any other stand).

I suppose that's what happens when a lot of singers who used to go in there have been displaced.

A lot of people saw the overspill as a positive thing adding a bit of atmosphere to northbank, quadrant and Bully etc but may have not realised the impact had on the Southbank.

Not having all the singers in one place means overall impact of atmosphere suffers in my opinion.

Shame a Southbank season ticket doesn't come with a must sing agreement.

I'm in agreement here.There are quite a few who don't sing around me.They don't get involved with hi ho wolverhampton when they come out either,and one is always trying to sit down.He has been there for the last 3 seasons so knows about the standing.it makes no Sense at all because he clearly is struggling to stand and he was the same last year.it's definitely going down in my opinion and the young ones about the age of 12 don't seem to get involved.especially new ones,they seem a Tad shy.:) :D

Reaction score
I sit in Billy Wright lower in WL3, very close to the Southbank. Always sounds really loud from there.

And people in the family enc sometimes sing with the southbank, just not loud enough for the rest of the stadium to hear.

W

wolvesultra

I'm in agreement here.There are quite a few who don't sing around me.They don't get involved with hi ho wolverhampton when they come out either,and one is always trying to sit down.He has been there for the last 3 seasons so knows about the standing.it makes no Sense at all because he clearly is struggling to stand and he was the same last year.it's definitely going down in my opinion and the young ones about the age of 12 don't seem to get involved.especially new ones,they seem a Tad shy.:) :D

A result of £25 junior tickets being rolled across the whole stadium possibly?

People who would usually take their kids in the family enclosure and they'd move over to the Southbank once older teenagers moved over to the Southbank early.

Also far too many people in there just as it's seen as the atmosphere stand but they're not adding to it. Wasn't as much as a problem when not always sold out as at least anyone who would want to sing generally could always (or more often than not) get in. That's not the case now.

D

Deleted member 4309

South bank was loud most of the game. The only time I heard the North bank was when the Barnsley fans were singing.

Back
Top Bottom