Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

North Bank Watch

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People sang along to Hey Jude (Nuuuno) last night for the brief few seconds it was on.

Pretty sure there would be singing along to The Liquidator too.

Yeh i'll give you the Liquidator but we both know that's not gonna happen, yes also songs which we currently do chants do, but most chants like that are temporary and will be gone by next season.

W

wolvesultra

Yeh i'll give you the Liquidator but we both know that's not gonna happen, yes also songs which we currently do chants do, but most chants like that are temporary and will be gone by next season.
Wandering star, Once upon time there was a tavern along with many other songs that we sing songs to the same tune as would all get people singing along. Obviously the degree depends on when, last song before kick off obviously its most but the 2 or 3 before (and same for second half) would also get some singing if we used better chooses.

I agree it would need to be fluid not just a certain set of songs. IE play the Heartbeat theme tune now but not if Douglas is on a bad run and playing ****. Needs someone who's keeping their eye on the songs that are 'on trend' on the terraces/pubs/trains to away games etc at the time.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wandering star, Once upon time there was a tavern along with many other songs that we sing songs to the same tune as would all get people singing along. Obviously the degree depends on when, last song before kick off obviously its most but the 2 or 3 before (and same for second half) would also get some singing if we used better chooses.

I agree it would need to be fluid not just a certain set of songs. IE play the Heartbeat theme tune now but not if Douglas is on a bad run and playing ****. Needs someone who's keeping their eye on the songs that are 'on trend' on the terraces/pubs/trains to away games etc at the time.

Yeh i like the idea of maybe changing songs around in line with our current chants as long as we don't base any around Ed bloody Sheeran. Just don't think Silver Lining needs to be replaced as it creates noise and anything new we try never catches on.

W

wolvesultra

Yeh i like the idea of maybe changing songs around in line with our current chants as long as we don't base any around Ed bloody Sheeran. Just don't think Silver Lining needs to be replaced as it creates noise and anything new we try never catches on.
Oh no I agree Silver Lining definitely should only be replaced by The Liquidator just think we could try and play some others in the prime slots just before it and pre 2nd half, that would get people singing.

N

Northamptonwolf

Not usually in the ground to often to hear the prematch music but when i am i think its terrible.

I made comment in the ground last night that the music was far better and there was definitely increased singing at kick off.

Thought the south bank was decent all game last night. Very enjoyable

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The whole idea of the original tread was to see how the atmosphere in the North Bank was, especially with the away support being placed next to, if not within it. Was it improving or not, any funny or not so funny incidents occurring etc..
However it did become a somewhat 'stick the boot into the North Bank',
Which I'm hoping we have moved on from and hope will not return to.
If it does return to that, I shall without hesitation ask the MODs to close, seal and cast this tread to the not so nice history pile.

So here goes...
I think I dislike this 'close the thread' stuff as much as you dislike this particular thread. It's not as if it's racist or offensive in some other way seriously beyond the pale?

Why don't you just not read it Geoff? I remain unhappy about our owners being a Chinese investment multinational (and the fact that this is a necessity if we're to ever compete) but realise I'm in the minority so just skip through threads or posts licking Fosun's or Shi's or 'uncle' Jorge's arses and concentrate on the ones that don't irritate me too much. As I said on the Bully STFU thread, the forum left to its own devices will mostly police itself, don't you think? Closing down certain threads because they annoy some people is unnecessary censorship - this is the UK not bloody China or Russia!

GeoffPalmersLeftBoot

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think I dislike this 'close the thread' stuff as much as you dislike this particular thread. It's not as if it's racist or offensive in some other way seriously beyond the pale?

Why don't you just not read it Geoff? I remain unhappy about our owners being a Chinese investment multinational (and the fact that this is a necessity if we're to ever compete) but realise I'm in the minority so just skip through threads or posts licking Fosun's or Shi's or 'uncle' Jorge's arses and concentrate on the ones that don't irritate me too much. As I said on the Bully STFU thread, the forum left to its own devices will mostly police itself, don't you think? Closing down certain threads because they annoy some people is unnecessary censorship - this is the UK not bloody China or Russia!

But has many have mentioned and I have stated, it became a 'kick the North Bank' thread which was never it's intent when I opened it.
It became toxic at times and extremely depressing.
I thought long and hard before deciding to breath new life into it and resurrect it from the many previous long forgotten threads.
Censorship or common sense?
We as Wolves fans need to be as one, not divided. With us entering the final phase of the season, with only 9 games remaining, we need unity, not division, hence my hesitation.

But I believe we as fans have developed and adapted over this season, and have learnt a lot about ourselves.
So hopefully we all will 'think' before posting. With freedom of speech, comes responsibility.
Censorship? No.
Common sense? Yes.

Last edited:

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not usually in the ground to often to hear the prematch music but when i am i think its terrible.

I made comment in the ground last night that the music was far better and there was definitely increased singing at kick off.

Thought the south bank was decent all game last night. Very enjoyable
Well said. Sounded very loud on the audio stream. I`ll be there on Saturday!

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Nope, needs the Liquidator x3 before the game and half time ;) I know how you proper loves a smilie and an acronym 'BTW'. Wanderers Star is my favourite Wolves song, shame we've weirdly dropped the last two lines?

Dum dum dum dum dum, dum, dum dumdumdumdum dum dum.... **** off west brum...

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But has many have mentioned and I have stated, it became a 'kick the North Bank' thread which was never it's intent when I opened it.
It became toxic at times and extremely depressing.
I thought long and hard before deciding to breath new life into it and resurrect it from the many previous long forgotten threads.
Censorship or common sense?
We as Wolves fans need to be as one, not divided. With us entering the final phase of the season, with only 9 games remaining, we need unity, not division, hence my hesitation.

But I believe we as fans have developed and adapted over this season, and have learnt a lot about ourselves.
So hopefully we all will 'think' before posting. With freedom of speech, comes responsibility.
Censorship? No.
Common sense? Yes.
Or a false dichotomy: common sense OR censorship.

'Common sense' becomes some dominant thinking / set of assumed opinions and so other opinions are rendered unpalatable. Lets just keep talking and discussing the Wolves and learn about each other, where our commonalities are, where the fault lines lie etc. As I said before, I don't like our ownership or the modern British football model at all and I'd hate to think I'm stopped expressing this minority view on this forum, no matter how many times I (rightly or wrongly, 'tis a matter of opinion) I get shouted down.

As to whether folks in the North Bank should be getting pelters from the rest, I don't think so. I think the placing of executive seats at the back of the lower tier (where every two tier stand has it's vocal supporters, see Cov's old West End, Leicester's old home end etc.) was a huge mistake, and typified Morgan's lack of understanding of real football (he was a scouser so this shouldn't be any surprise, they're overrated).

W

WasStefan

Well
C949_D0_C7_5_F3_A_4_E9_E_9_F87_53_F85_B63_E91_B.jpg

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stevie Bruce are you listening
To the song that we're singing
We're 10 points in front
You fat headed ****
****ting on the Villa, mind the gap.
I enjoyed this in the pubs pre-Villa and Fulham. Oh Vilaaaaa, are you listening, to the song, that we're singing, we're ten points in front, you fat headed ****, ****ting on the Villa mind the gap...

E

Edgmond Wolf

Looked for you half-time but couldn't find you.
Daft bugger...I was not there!
I had a prior business arrangement I could not get out of :oops::oops::oops:
I will be there on Saturday
Are we having a Mol Mix meet up?

D

Deleted member 4257

Thats awful. Not saying its just Northbank but how can anyone leave so early. 3.0 up and top of the league. Leaving for traffic? Who cares what time you get home. Trains? They run later than 10pm im sure.
Getting kids up for school? Weve all been young, when you were a kid imagine getting dragged out early to get to bed. Im sure they wont mind being abit tired the next day once every couple months.

Remember when we were ****? Milk this season for every second. I didnt want to leave even when all the players were off.

W

wolvesultra

Thats awful. Not saying its just Northbank but how can anyone leave so early. 3.0 up and top of the league. Leaving for traffic? Who cares what time you get home. Trains? They run later than 10pm im sure.
Getting kids up for school? Weve all been young, when you were a kid imagine getting dragged out early to get to bed. Im sure they wont mind being abit tired the next day once every couple months.

Remember when we were ****? Milk this season for every second. I didnt want to leave even when all the players were off.
I didn't leave till our players had disappeared and Dave Edwards had made his way past me.

It's certainly not only northbankers it's hard to tell what it's like in the stand your in but from my view in the Steve Bull come the final whistle I'd say there was around 40% empty seats in the Billy Wright, 35% northbank and 25% southbank, maybe that's why our players don't really hang around at the final whistle either.

CVWolves

Reaction score
amazed to see so many people leave yesterday with a good 15 mins left to play. The true north bankers were still singing, not many though

Always amusing to hear the SB singing about people leaving, clearly not noticing that their own stairways are full!

The whole ground emptied on 83-88 mins. It was shocking!

"Wolves are going up and the fans are going home"

R

reanswolf

Plenty left early as I remarked to Don, but plenty leaving the South Bank too.:(
Absolutely, people were also streaming out of the South Bank early.

This is my take on this.

I know we need all fans when its close, all to play for etc, but this happens all across the Country.
Its just the way things are, its not the end of the world.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Tbf, there's a lot more of the people round by me who stay until the end now, the family who sit to my right always used to go at about 80-85 minutes, now they're there to clap the players off.

S

Snarlingwolf

I think yesterday’s freezing cold temperatures had a lot to do with many leaving earlier than normal......
But I thought if everyone had stood up near the end and applauded the players they could have kept themselves warm at the same time! :):cool:

D

Deleted member 6526

I stopped and clapped, Steve Bull Lower J10, had great banter with the South Bank throughout the game. It was excellent. But hells bells when I returned to my seat after half time (and being unable to get a drink due to understaffing at the bar) it felt a lot colder. Even I started clock watching. Loved the game, did not notice too many leaving, Loved the two guys going topless at the end in the North Bank with about 10 mins to go, any thoughts of getting out of the cold quickly went out of my mind. If they can do that, then the cold can not be an excuse went through my mind. So thanks to them for giving me a bit more encouragement from all the way over to the other side of the ground.

Well done them for showing us the North Bank has what it takes.

Dragonwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not having a season ticket I am getting to be in the SB lower a lot lately, yesterday it was the place to be, relatively warm in the sunshine, not many early leavers near me

gewolf

Reaction score
Me as well, although the important word in your comment is "relatively"! The sun made a difference occasionally but, boy, by the end I was SO cold - couldn't wait to stand up and clap!

E

Edgmond Wolf

I sit in the BQ and the north bank is worse but loads of people left the south bank too. Just as the anti north bank singing was going on, loads and loads streaming out of the south bank
Anti North Bank...no mate just a **** take

Back
Top Bottom