Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Non-Wolves Transfers (Summer Transfers 2022)

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forest in for Jesse Lingaard. In talks. Must be offering him a fair old whack

*200k per week plus signing on fee and bonuses allegedly

Last edited:

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Forest in for Jesse Lingaard. In talks. Must be offering him a fair old whack
They must already have half a new team. I do worry for forrest. Buying a lot of 10 to 15 mil players, who are probably only marginally better than what they already have. Once they lose a few i can see heads going down after their amazing last half a season in the championship.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They must already have half a new team. I do worry for forrest. Buying a lot of 10 to 15 mil players, who are probably only marginally better than what they already have. Once they lose a few i can see heads going down after their amazing last half a season in the championship.

Wouldn’t be shocked to see them start well, but there is quite a lot of upheaval going on. 200k or so a week for Lingaard as well? He’s not a world beater. Suggests they’ve given up on MGW perhaps?

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Will be interesting. To be fair I think they lost five players from their promotion first team due to loans etc. so they need a lot just to get back even.

I don't know much about many of the signings but my best mate's brother supports Mainz (true story!) and when I saw him a couple of weeks ago he said the centre half they've signed from them is really good and he expects him to step up to the PL no problem.

We know Henderson is good, and Lingard would be a great signing for them too.

But admittedly they've signed a lot, so with that much change it'll be interesting.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Forest will doom. Cooper is very good and came in and turned round a right mess straight away so I see no reason he can’t get players he’s chosen playing well. I’m glad we don’t play them early on.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really want Forest to do well but I fear Lingard on stupid wages isn't the right way to do it. They need to have an amazing never say die team spirit and attitude and one fears that paying stupid money for Lingard isn't going to do that

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
Forest fans feel optimistic - think they of the opinion 'even if we go down, at least we gave it a go in the transfer window.' Only time will tell. Think we'll be in a 'group' with Brighton, Vile & Palace.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absurd amount of money for Lingard
On a 3 year deal it would work out at more than £30 million basic salary, plus a big sign on and bonuses for turning up! I know we made him look like prime Romario a few years back, but I'm not convinced at all that this would be a good idea for Forest personally. I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't even that good for them tbh. Not my money though.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On a 3 year deal it would work out at more than £30 million basic salary, plus a big sign on and bonuses for turning up! I know we made him look like prime Romario a few years back, but I'm not convinced at all that this would be a good idea for Forest personally. I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't even that good for them tbh. Not my money though.

To be fair, it wasn't just us, he was absolutely superb during that loan spell. One of the best forwards in the league for a few months. But he's had a year inbetween doing nothing so no idea what he'll be like.

I think he'll be very good personally. He'd get into every side outside the top five/six I think. Forest clearly going all out money wise...

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am predicting both Forest and Fulham will stay up and have decent seasons. Can see Bournemouth going back down though.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
I think Forest will be in the bottom 3. If they go for Lingard it will be their worst decision. Just my opinion.

If Lingard chooses Forest over West Ham it says everything about the player. Should be aiming to play at the highest standard and in Europe to fight for his England place in the World Cup.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problem with Lingard is he was good in a very good west ham side .

He’s looked poor at man United and hasn’t really proven himself anywhere else.

It’s a big risk, but hey, it worked for BrentFord and Eriksen last season

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am predicting both Forest and Fulham will stay up and have decent seasons. Can see Bournemouth going back down though.

Bournemouth are nailed on for relegation as it stands atm JOS.

They’ve got in a couple of free transfers and that’s it.

Fulham (even with Palhinha) are going to struggle along with Southampton. Everton have lost by far their best player and Lampard will have to earn his money to keep them up imo.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bournemouth are nailed on for relegation as it stands atm JOS.

They’ve got in a couple of free transfers and that’s it.

Fulham (even with Palhinha) are going to struggle along with Southampton. Everton have lost by far their best player and Lampard will have to earn his money to keep them up imo.
I have a feeling about Bournemouth....

Everyone writing them off because they haven't made signings but....just a hunch. I have Leeds as my relegation banker. Spunked a whole lot of money on a bunch of Americans

For perspective, my hunch last season was that Norwich would stay up and Palace would be 20th.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope you’re not comparing Lingard to Eriksen! That’s like comparing a budget burger to prime fillet steak.
Brentford would never have got Eriksen in a million years other than his unfortunate health incident. Forest, due to a mixture of his decline and greed, may well now be Lingard's natural level.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lingard to Forest. God knows what they're paying him.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a feeling about Bournemouth....

Everyone writing them off because they haven't made signings but....just a hunch. I have Leeds as my relegation banker. Spunked a whole lot of money on a bunch of Americans

For perspective, my hunch last season was that Norwich would stay up and Palace would be 20th.
At least you're honest. Now, please give me your lottery numbers so I know which ones to ignore. ;)

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lingard confirmed to Forest. Such an odd move, I was convinced they were just being used to squeeze more out of West Ham. 1 year contract too, strange.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Southampton doing some impressive business with the young talents they are signing this summer. Near to signing French striker Sekou Mara from Bordeaux.
I heard about him last season. A real talent. Only costing ten million. Cant understand why we arent targeting the French leagues more. Some real bargains to be had from there.

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Going one of 2 ways that one. Either brilliant keeps them up and gets another few years.

Or stinks the place out and relegated by March and next club will be in America.

West ham was a much better fit for him and furthen his career

But seems like his chosen the money and judging by the offical twitter video on forest they will be happy to prompt his social media

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Try £200k.

Conflicting reports but if 200k a week is correct then that is crazy. I suppose the only way that will be repaid if he plays a massive part in them having a good season.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Southampton doing some impressive business with the young talents they are signing this summer. Near to signing French striker Sekou Mara from Bordeaux.
I heard about him last season. A real talent. Only costing ten million. Cant understand why we arent targeting the French leagues more. Some real bargains to be had from there.
I actually really like Southampton 's approach. If they can stay up this year, they have a great springboard for the next few years.

Lingard supposedly on 180 according to a lad I worked with years back. Mad.

I genuinely hope it works out for them but I would not have spent money that way. Then again, I'm a moron.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how it goes for Forest. They have now signed 12 players so far this window, including 3 players at £17.5m, £17m and £17m respectively. Some of the signings are loans, including Dean Henderson and Lingard. Also Lewis O'Brien from Huddersfield who is highly rated.

Feels ambitious, but it could go pear shaped. It's a pretty much a whole new team and it might upset the camaraderie and momentum from last season. They are going to have to gel very quickly. When Fulham came up and did bits recently and changed most of the team, it failed miserably.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how it goes Forest. They have now signed 12 players so far this window, including 3 players at £17.5m, £17m and £17m respectively. Some of the signings are loans, including Dean Henderson and Lingard. Also Lewis O'Brien from Huddersfield who is highly rated.

Feels ambitious, but it could go pear shaped. It's a pretty much a while new team and it might upset the camaraderie and momentum from last season. They are going to have to gel very quickly.
Absolutely.
Part of our success was down to the PL team being assembled whilst in the Champ.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
It’ll be £80k a week plus a massive initial signing-on bonus.

Actually think it’s a really ambitious signing for Forest. The squad they came up with were near certainties for relegation so they’ve had to spend big just to give themselves any chance. Have probably seen how much better squads such as Norwich have come up, not been prepared to risk it and ended up going straight back down without much of a fight.

Big risk but I personally think they’ve bought/loaned pretty well so far and reckon they’ll be surprisingly competitive.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’ll be £80k a week plus a massive initial signing-on bonus.

Actually think it’s a really ambitious signing for Forest. The squad they came up with were near certainties for relegation so they’ve had to spend big just to give themselves any chance. Have probably seen how much better squads such as Norwich have come up, not been prepared to risk it and ended up going straight back down without much of a fight.

Big risk but I personally think they’ve bought/loaned pretty well so far and reckon they’ll be surprisingly competitive.
Totally agree tring.

Back
Top Bottom