Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Next Seasons Shirts

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don’t use the catering facilities very often at Wolves but I had a sausage roll recently and it was a taste sensation! Like something from those posh services on the M5 at Gloucester!

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
I don’t use the catering facilities very often at Wolves but I had a sausage roll recently and it was a taste sensation! Like something from those posh services on the M5 at Gloucester!
Are they still £4 though

Me Babbies

Reaction score
There’s a special place in hell for the person that sources our pies.
Which is weird as the signage in the SBS says PieTanic.
Now I've had Pietanic pies at a festival and they are amazing.
Which leads me to believe that our genius catering staff are more of the problem.
Surely it's not impossible to reheat a pie without burning it solid to the tin, completely drying out the pastry...

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Had a weird experience in the North Bank last season. I bought a coffee and they charged me for two. I explained the situation and the lad in the kiosk just shrugged and said, "Sorry we don't do refunds and I don't know how to work it anyway." So I asked to see a manager and the lad replied, "Come on mate, it's only £2.50!" I tried to explain that you can't overcharge people and not give them their money back. A manager came in the end and couldn't work out how to do a refund. So I told him just to give me the cash. Then he pulled a fiver out of his wallet and asked me if I could give him change. I said I'm sure you can get some change from the till and he said, "Oh yes, of course." Felt like I'd wandered into the Twilight Zone!
I’d have taken the fiver, put it in my wallet and when he asked for the £2.50 told him I didn’t know how to do that and anyway it’s only £2.50 mate.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Which is weird as the signage in the SBS says PieTanic.
Now I've had Pietanic pies at a festival and they are amazing.
Which leads me to believe that our genius catering staff are more of the problem.
Surely it's not impossible to reheat a pie without burning it solid to the tin, completely drying out the pastry...
That doesnt explain the lack of moisture inside. My Villa supporting mate reckons its the same supplier for them and they too think they are crap

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds like leisurewear but we’re probably daft enough to let them make the shirts too.
It sounds like continuing the current model of manufacturing under license.

I imagine the "pro" products will be made by the partner company (castore/adidas/Nike ect), while Levy will make all replica kit under license...

I don't really have a problem with that. All the big brands have their products made under license by someone, they act solely as a middle man, designer and badge provider.

The in-house leisure wear is currently cheap at, it will remain to be so.

wesley

Reaction score
Can we get the firm that does the pies for Burnley, the meat and potato was gorgeous.
If you look at their website apparently Levy do the catering at Turf Moor!

Levy

Why do they get the good stuff?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The pies have always been good at Burnley.....mind you when you used to go to the old toilet block at the back of that side terrace in the 80s you was dodging them, coming at you from all angles from the home fans over the fence...I did see a wolves fan get one full in the mush once....you shouldn't laugh but it was funny.....

They wasn't adverse to chucking them in the 80s....can't have been hungry....

Mr Sizzle

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The one where they say they’re going to start making tat to sell in the club shop.

I can’t believe anybody in charge of making decisions at the club have gone “you know what, they’ve done an amazing job with the catering at Molineux, how about we get them to make **** to sell in the club shop”
Bang on.. stinks of “stuff what the fans think”

Last edited:

surreywolf

Reaction score
Levy website is all wolves pictures so this is obviously happening

Whoever posted about Nike is just teasing

Depressing

Only way I’d forgive it was if there was no manufacturer logo on the kit - just club badge

But no chance of that - sigh

LosgallardosWolf

Reaction score

Depressing

Only way I’d forgive it was if there was no manufacturer logo on the kit - just club badge

Yeah a nice gold kind black kit, just the badge and maybe the city crest on the back of the collar

Oldgoldilox

Groupie
Reaction score
People are getting properly confused here over what Levy's roles are. If you take 5 minutes to look at their structure you can see they have a large range of brands in their portfolio including Keith Prowse who I've used for corporate events in the past, and have deals for providing hospitality and catering at all of the top venues in the UK and overseas. They don't just make the pies, in fact they don't make the pies at all which is why you get a different one at Burnley than at molineux. Pietanic supply Wolves and Villa. I imagine Levy try to tailor the product for each club and do bespoke deals with suppliers accordingly. (Hopefully they get the message re the quality of the Pietanic stuff which I agree is poor). This part of the levy group is separate from the merchandising arm which Clarke has been brought in to lead.

Whether the same model will be used by Vinny remains to be seen. The implication from the merchandising section of the website is that they will design, manufacture and supply both pro and replica kit and training wear. They also refer to an established global supply chain, which raises questions. Is this supply chain the low cost sweat shops who will bang out the kit under brand (Levy or other) or is it one of the actual brands. And how is this partnership model "established" if Wolves are the first club to be part of it?

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People are getting properly confused here over what Levy's roles are. If you take 5 minutes to look at their structure you can see they have a large range of brands in their portfolio including Keith Prowse who I've used for corporate events in the past, and have deals for providing hospitality and catering at all of the top venues in the UK and overseas. They don't just make the pies, in fact they don't make the pies at all which is why you get a different one at Burnley than at molineux. Pietanic supply Wolves and Villa. I imagine Levy try to tailor the product for each club and do bespoke deals with suppliers accordingly. (Hopefully they get the message re the quality of the Pietanic stuff which I agree is poor). This part of the levy group is separate from the merchandising arm which Clarke has been brought in to lead.

Whether the same model will be used by Vinny remains to be seen. The implication from the merchandising section of the website is that they will design, manufacture and supply both pro and replica kit and training wear. They also refer to an established global supply chain, which raises questions. Is this supply chain the low cost sweat shops who will bang out the kit under brand (Levy or other) or is it one of the actual brands. And how is this partnership model "established" if Wolves are the first club to be part of it?
In between the corporate and marketing nonsense speak, they mention the ethical nature of their operations, so hopefully not, although ethicality is a fairly subjective topic.

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So if pietanic and other food brands fall under the Levy umbrella, do we know if there are any sports brands that they also work with? Are established brands willing to give us the deal Castore did? Would Levy strike a similar deal to the Castore deal with one of the lesser-known shirt brands like Errea or Macron or will we see the Levy branding on shirts?

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Depressing

I can see us working with someone like Levy for ‘merchandise’ but it terms of manufacturing the official kit, this would surely be (and should be) a proper brand.

From a commercial aspect, Nike would be the perfect fit for us currently - the swoosh would automatically make our kit more attractive to neutrals, especially abroad (South Korea, USA etc).

Some won’t like the idea of having a need to appeal to the likes of ourselves on this forum, however the reality is we need to build revenue and one way to do so is to become a brand in new spaces.

It makes much more sense than starting record labels, for example.

Dans la Lune

Reaction score
From my perspective, the merchandise in the club shop is poorly designed. Tops, jackets and hoodies etc, things that the club can control manufacture and distribute fully and therefore probably the gear with the biggest mark up and profitability, they are just not appealing.

It's a right old hodge podge of stuff with little coherent theming. For those that don't like to wear a football kit, I'd start with a set of tees, polo's and hoodies, in a fixed set of colours with just the club badge and a manufacturer logo. Then you could do a set of the same with a graphic twist for a bit of variety.

The club seem to have done some good work on the design of the "One Pack" branding, but there's nothing in the store that you can buy to support this.

Some of the LA Wolves items were quite nice but too overpriced and a bit of a missed opportunity.

Finally, why can't we inject a little originality into the team shirts, we're missing a chance to add either the Black Country Flag or City crest as a detail on the collar. I'd love to see the three leaping wolves sized-up and used on the change shirt (of which we only need one, and in white) and if we ever should need another change shirt it should be the perfect opportunity to do a limited edition,with all proceeds going to charity or the Foundation.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Can we get the firm that does the pies for Burnley, the meat and potato was gorgeous.
Oddly as someone who doesn't often eat a pie in a ground these days, I also had a 'meat' and potato pie at Burnley. I can only think you had the meat that was allegedly in mine. I don't think they were Holland's which is my usual motivation for all games NW!

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can see us working with someone like Levy for ‘merchandise’ but it terms of manufacturing the official kit, this would surely be (and should be) a proper brand.
I think that's what'll happen. Apparently Clark wants to "ensure a partner first approach" which suggests working with another brand.

LosgallardosWolf

Reaction score
From my perspective, the merchandise in the club shop is poorly designed. Tops, jackets and hoodies etc, things that the club can control manufacture and distribute fully and therefore probably the gear with the biggest mark up and profitability, they are just not appealing.

It's a right old hodge podge of stuff with little coherent theming. For those that don't like to wear a football kit, I'd start with a set of tees, polo's and hoodies, in a fixed set of colours with just the club badge and a manufacturer logo. Then you could do a set of the same with a graphic twist for a bit of variety.

The club seem to have done some good work on the design of the "One Pack" branding, but there's nothing in the store that you can buy to support this.

Some of the LA Wolves items were quite nice but too overpriced and a bit of a missed opportunity.

Finally, why can't we inject a little originality into the team shirts, we're missing a chance to add either the Black Country Flag or City crest as a detail on the collar. I'd love to see the three leaping wolves sized-up and used on the change shirt (of which we only need one, and in white) and if we ever should need another change shirt it should be the perfect opportunity to do a limited edition,with all proceeds going to charity or the Foundation.
Been saying for ages we should have town crest on collar, Black Country flag would be cool too

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score

You're spot on about exploiting the brand, but having the three wolves or town crest near the playing kit would confuse the brand. I think there's a place for retro and there's some mileage in things like the surprise collaboration with Umbro, I'd like that extended a little and would definitely buy the 1980 lambswool umbro club jumper if that came out.

Oh and as for the Black Country flag, Walsall tried that, Dudley think they have exclusivity on it and it doesn't quite chime in with our colour scheme.

I guess the difficulty is producing leisurewear across a big age range (cradle to grave) for both sexes and finding something we'd all want.

LosgallardosWolf

Reaction score
Are Astropay still shirt sponsors next season or as it seems we are going down the in house route is it Mr Sizzle?

LosgallardosWolf

Reaction score
There’s an item on the O/S where fans can be part of photo shoot for 24/25 kit release. Photoshoot is at end of month.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The biggest concern here is that none of the revenue we normally get will be coming into Wolves, just straight to Fosun.

Which is probably the reason for the impending season ticket hikes, as commercial revenue from kits would normally be a huge chunk of FFP.

Back
Top Bottom