Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Next Seasons Shirts

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
According to my lad he says that a source has told him that it’s Umbro next up for us.
I really hope that this is the case.

I have asked him how reliable this source is but he hasnt answered yet.
Castore have been good quality for us. Umbro would be an upgrade very retro style stuff of good quality

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've actually liked Castore to be fair. If we do change from them, think Umbro could be great.

What kits are they currently doing?

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve liked castor, I like the fact they are different from what most other clubs have.

I’ve thought their home kits have been good. But the change kit designs have been awful. Not sure if castor or the club are to blame for the design/colours….

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I’ve heard we’re moving from Castore but not to Umbro.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Would absolutely love Umbro. My first ever Wolves kits and have really impressed with (most of) their efforts for other clubs.

Wandsworth Wolf

Reaction score
Apparently Barca are ditching Nike to go the ‘own label’ route. Might be the start of a new trend.

The1877club

Reaction score

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Can we have a retro black trackie top with gold Umbro diamonds down the sleeves? Please? It would be my first purchase in about 25 years!
They have the 1980 Umbro one in the club shop. I think they’ve had versions previously but this season is the first time it’s been released with the Umbro diamonds.

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They have the 1980 Umbro one in the club shop. I think they’ve had versions previously but this season is the first time it’s been released with the Umbro diamonds.
Oh yeah? I didn’t realise that, thanks for the info.

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I bought two of each of the 80s reissue shirts and tracksuit top and they're great quality. Very true to the originals. Would love them to expand the line with further remakes.

wayne-the-wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If they do part ways with Castore i don't think it will be for any of the big boys like Umbro, Nike etc - the club wanted to manufacture their own gear to increase profit and can't see brands like Nike allowing this

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No one wants the return of Nutmeg then?
They were derided at the time but produced some decent shirts. An American company from memory, looking to expand into 'soccer'. They did kit for a couple of teams, us included, but backed out.

This is quite interesting reading:

Last edited:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They were derided at the time but produced some decent shirts. An American company from memory, looking to expand into 'soccer'. They did kit for a couple of teams, us included, but backed out.
An interesting read....

In any event couldn't happen now as "Nutmeg" is used for Morrisons' own brand clothing label and doubtless that company would be off to me learned friends faster than a rat up a drainpipe.

Last edited:

Kingswood Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I might be having an apparel-related breakdown but I SWEAR I have seen GON in an Umbro training shirt lately ....

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ezeta or Kappa would be fighting it out for my choice.

The only nice umbro shirt I can remember in modern times is the Iraq national team

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I might be having an apparel-related breakdown but I SWEAR I have seen GON in an Umbro training shirt lately ....
We've run out of small and medium Castore stuff at the club shop, so maybe given the financial situation he had to nip to Sports Direct at Bentley Bridge and the cheapest tat he could find

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Umbro are really trendy right now, so I reckon this would be pretty cool. Got some really nice running tops from them recently. Was quite surprised to see lots of people in Brazil wearing their stuff over xmas. Thought it was very much UK/Europe

bigbluewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Umbro are owned by American firm Iconix Brand Group. So not really a British company any longer.

Back
Top Bottom