Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

news from e&s connor on standby

P

Paul76

It will be really interesting to see the team selection and how he sets them up.

B

Bostin

I'd rather that and they get the right man, than rush it just for the sake of 1 game.

D

Dorset DeWolf

I can see clueless connor's team sheet now

.............................Ward.................................
Ebanks Blake............................................Berra.

............Foley...........................Milijas......................

................Jarvis....................Doyle....................

Stearman..............................................Fletcher

............Johnson.............Kightly.........................

K

kal1000

It will be really interesting to see the team selection and how he sets them up.

I'm interested in this too, Mick basically said that Connor was responsible for the turnaround at QPR by suggesting the free role for Doyle and getting Foley back in his natural position.

J

JR's Boots

This is a disaster waiting to happen. Under Clipboard, we're likely to go down to another heavy defeat which will make it even harder for anyone coming in with one less game left and an even more demoralised squad.

Connor is as instrumental as Mick in the horror season we are having, along with the last two desperate seasons in the PL. The idea that he is going to leap out of the shadows with some cunning master plan at Newcastle is just wishful thinking.

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's actually surprisingly articulate when you consider the vague confused look he's normally got on his face in the dugout.

P

Paul76

No blame can be attached to Clipboard. None of us actually know what he even does. If our search for the correct candidate is drag on past the weekend, then Clipboard is the perfect candidate to be holding the reigns for the Newcastle game.

Munich_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's actually surprisingly articulate when you consider the vague confused look he's normally got on his face in the dugout.

Deer meet headlights look.

I'm certainly NOT looking forward to his team selection on Saturday.

B

Bostin

New Wolves boss Terry Connor wasn't too happy with his new no.2, and yearned for his old clipboard....

ny8wh1.jpg

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Deer meet headlights look.

I'm certainly NOT looking forward to his team selection on Saturday.

I might be on my own on this but I'm actually quite intrigued with how it will go.
If he comes out playing 4-5-1 with tappy football then maybe he isn't the devil afterall.

How likely this is though well...

W

wolvo_boi

Shambles if it happens!!!

We have 13 between sackin Mick and the Newcastle game and we cant find ourself a manager. Now isnt the time to be taking our time to find the right man!!!

What does Jez do to earn his over paid salary, he should be working 24/7 and pushing and pushing to get the man they want.

J

Jamesjh89

To be honest he will pick a very mick kinda team hes not going to try anything stupid..... I hope

A

Agbwwfc

I'm quite happy with this! Tbh we aren't really suppose to get anything out of Newcastle are we? After last years humiliation I can see that coming again! It's pointless a new manager coming in for that and we get slaughtered and the new guy gets the blame already!

As long as we have someone in for the Blackburn game I think we can be patient as long as its the right man! That is our big game at home to them!

M

Monkey Man

If this happens the 2Ms should take a look at themselves. YOU'VE HAD TWO WEEKS.

If people keep pulling out of the job it might be because the terms you are offering are $$$$. Stop penny pinching and appoint the right man before we find ourselves bottom and an even worse option for a manager.

bigbluewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Bend It Like Dennison

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its gonna be like the Colin Lee days all over again!!

We'll go to Newcastle, win 6-2, Wolfie will have a half time punch up with Maggie The Magpie, SEB will score a hatrick and we'll finish 5th for 2 seasons running, knocking loudly on the door of the champions league spots.

After a disappointing start to the 2014/2015 season Connor will be sacked just before Christmas with Jose Mourinio arriving with the promise of a £250m warchest for the 2015/2016 season.

The 2015/2016 starts well, with Stephen Fletcher and Daniel Sturridge scoring goals for fun we're 10 points clear at the top by New Year. Then during a somewhat dour home game at the end of March with struggling new boys Crawley Town, captain Danny Batth takes out Peter Odemwingie and gets sent off. Crawley go on to win 1-0 which ends up in us losing 6 games on the bounce and eventually winding up in 4th spot.

We eventually scrape into the Champions League via the qualifying rounds... and then I woke up.

F

FLEET WOLF

I'm interested in this too, Mick basically said that Connor was responsible for the turnaround at QPR by suggesting the free role for Doyle and getting Foley back in his natural position.

It could be that just a couple of subtle changes in tactics make a big difference. I agree with others on here that better he takes charge at Newcastle rather than rushing an appointment.

Pessimistic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see how he changes things. Connor gets undue criticism on the mix, mostly because nobody knows quite what he does.

It seems perfectly reasonable to have him for Newcastle. Even if we got a manager tomorrow, and it was the perfect man, I think it would be a bit unfair to give him 4 days to get to know the team and totally reorganise them for his first match.
We may well have appointed someone, but they'll be in the stands.

19th Holer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is a disaster waiting to happen. Under Clipboard, we're likely to go down to another heavy defeat which will make it even harder for anyone coming in with one less game left and an even more demoralised squad.

Connor is as instrumental as Mick in the horror season we are having, along with the last two desperate seasons in the PL. The idea that he is going to leap out of the shadows with some cunning master plan at Newcastle is just wishful thinking.

...and how do you know that ?
If you know exactly what Connor's remit was under Mick then please let us know.
If we lose less than 5-1 then he's improved us from the last game and a narrow loss may be enough to get us out the bottom three !

O

OldWolvesfart

It'll be interesting to see how he changes things. Connor gets undue criticism on the mix, mostly because nobody knows quite what he does.

It seems perfectly reasonable to have him for Newcastle. Even if we got a manager tomorrow, and it was the perfect man, I think it would be a bit unfair to give him 4 days to get to know the team and totally reorganise them for his first match.
We may well have appointed someone, but they'll be in the stands.

Exactly this. He would be in the chair regardless who is in line for the job. Good luck Mr. Connor be brave.

D

Deleted member 4008

was eating my lunch when I opened this thread up and nearly choked !

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Number 1, is Stephen Ward...
Number 2, is Stephen Ward...

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

No place for Eggert Jonsson? You my friend are a clown.

R

RichDavi

Will be good to see him at the helm, perhaps he'll accredit himself so well that his unfounded critics back off.

J

JR's Boots

...and how do you know that ?
If you know exactly what Connor's remit was under Mick then please let us know.
If we lose less than 5-1 then he's improved us from the last game and a narrow loss may be enough to get us out the bottom three !

Do you think his remit was to reduce our defence to a complete and utter shambles? Did his remit include us being out-run, out fought and out played by virtually every PL team we've played this season?

He is the coach of Wolverhampton Wanderers and this season, we have looked a woefully undercoached side. The buck stops with the manager and he's taken the can but the coach is fully complicit in the rotten state of affairs. If losing only 5-1 is seen as some form of improvement I truly despair.

I hope I'm proved wrong but unless he has stoodthere quietly watching Mick hang himself, when he had the answers all along, then nothing will change while he's there.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surprise surprise. Connor in charge for the Newcastle game. It will be good to see if he can sort the defence out and midfield. Oh wait he has been the coach here for God knows how long!

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would have advocated that Terry get a caretaker position from the start, though I would have been happy for someone like Jody to step into that roll also. The fact that Terry was Mick's no. 2 does not mean that he agreed with everything Mick did. Terry Hughton was no.2 to a number of managers at Spurs, it is only since he left the club and was allowed to manage in his own right that we have seen what he has been able to do. I would be happy for Terry to get a crack at the job. With Curbishley out of the picture and the club not chasing a number of the younger managers we had been linked with (apparently), the only other serious option out there in my opinion is Dave Jones.

G

grumpee

As has been said, it's not Terry aka Dennis Norden's fault he's in this position. Motivating the team should be easy enough though - if they really were that close to Mick just tell them to go out and put in a performance for him. Didn't know he'd been with us 12 years though. Saturday could well be his swan song.

Wolfman jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he gets a good response from the team and a good result, give it him until end ogf the season.
(Then my fiver at 66-1 looks a good investment.)

F

FLEET WOLF

I would have advocated that Terry get a caretaker position from the start, though I would have been happy for someone like Jody to step into that roll also. The fact that Terry was Mick's no. 2 does not mean that he agreed with everything Mick did. Terry Hughton was no.2 to a number of managers at Spurs, it is only since he left the club and was allowed to manage in his own right that we have seen what he has been able to do. I would be happy for Terry to get a crack at the job. With Curbishley out of the picture and the club not chasing a number of the younger managers we had been linked with (apparently), the only other serious option out there in my opinion is Dave Jones.

Jody Craddock has never indicated that he wants to go into coaching or become a manager. I cannot believe for one minute that he would be interested and we shouldn't consider that option in a million years!

W

we8wba

am i the only one who is so bored of the manager search and seriousness id actually like clipboard in charge of this game for the comedy effect

if he's in charge i'd love to been going to the game

Wolfman jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The suggestion is that he is a highly respected coach which is why he has outlived so many managers. Get a good win and performance and I can see a caretaker until the end of the season.

Back
Top Bottom