Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Newcastle verdict

CologneWolf

Reaction score
People would jump to buy Wolves, be assured of that.
Sure, but then what... since FFP came in what new owners at any club in England have made as big a splash as Wolves?... There was a once in a generation season from Leicester when all “big 6“ dropped the ball in the same season and I think that‘s it.

Maybe it’s true and this is as far as Fosun’s approach can take us. But what makes you think the next owner can come in and do exactly what we have seen in recent years from the likes of Everton, Villa and West Ham and get different results? I mean Christ,look at the Investment Fulham made even just to try and achieve 17th. And still couldn’t manage.

Wisdomwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Question you should ask, did anyone match what Fosun wanted.
Speaking from an informed place with contacts in the HKSE if any body thinks Fosun are incapable of attracting investment then heaven help them. Peak6 have invested in Fosun’s preferred group model, which extends to more than the football team and have appointed people to the WWFC board with experience of securing investment.

There was a firm offer last year to buy them out and I’m glad that didn’t materialise given they were Russian.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sure, but then what... since FFP came in what new owners at any club in England have made as big a splash as Wolves?... There was a once in a generation season from Leicester when all “big 6“ dropped the ball in the same season and I think that‘s it.

Maybe it’s true and this is as far as Fosun’s approach can take us. But what makes you think the next owner can come in and do exactly what we have seen in recent years from the likes of Everton, Villa and West Ham and get different results? I mean Christ,look at the Investment Fulham made even just to try and achieve 17th. And still couldn’t manage.
I don't, and where have I said any of that? I said people are interested in Wolves in it's current form.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Crystal Palace 0-2 defeat at home in the first PL season was far worse than tonight, add that one in. A 0-2 defeat to Burnley too, remember that being abysmal. Both Palace matches this season, worse. Newcastle only won with a penalty, they hardly dominated.

Have we ever missed more key players for a match than tonight? Given that, there's no shortage of performances as poor. I'd rate the recent 0-1 home defeat to Arsenal as bad, given we did nothing for 70 minutes, then hardly anything against 10 men for the rest.

Tonight was not good, but no way exceptionally bad. We've seen far worse, then bounced back to win the next 3 in a row before.
Tonight was bad (did I read Wolves did not get into Newcastle's penalty area in the first half?), but Huddersfield would have gone down as the worst Premier League side in history if not for our gift wrapping of six points for them, so those two stinkers would have to feature in my top 5 worst performances of the Fosun era. Despite winning, I'd add the Chorley game too. Ruddy kept us in that game at points.

But 0-4 at home to Burnley has to be the worst. First half Chris Wood hat-trick - the only game that I can remember laughing in borderline hysteria at how atrocious my own team was.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Speaking from an informed place with contacts in the HKSE if any body thinks Fosun are incapable of attracting investment then heaven help them. Peak6 have invested in Fosun’s preferred group model, which extends to more than the football team and have appointed people to the WWFC board with experience of securing investment.

There was a firm offer last year to buy them out and I’m glad that didn’t materialise given they were Russian.
There was certainly other offers as well to buy Fosun out, I gather they want the correct investment.

Munich_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We lost today before a ball got kicked, unfortunately.

We do not have the squad to compete. It is as simple as that really.

Fosun. FOSUN. ****ING FOSUN. You have known this for about 5 transfer windows lads. Get it now?

When Chem Campbell came on (do not begrudge him his massive moment btw) i felt like i should have been watching an u23 game at Compton. As it was, this was a chance to put ourselves in with a shot of the top 6. It should not have been him coming off the bench to make a difference.

Dress it up as much as you want, Fosun have let Nuno and now Bruno down.

The worrying thing is this doesn't look like it's by error but by design.

German Sky comms mentioned yesterday that Bruno has been given the task to bring youth through, hence keeping the midfield skinny so we can develop the likes of Cundle and Campbell.

The problem is that to even stay in the PL let alone compete you need a squad of primarily peak players, not kids who really need a couple of seasons in the Championship. I fear that the club's primary aim is to develop young players rather than compete, we've seen hints of it the last few windows, and with Mouts and possibly Neves leaving the summer will tell us a lot about what Sellars and Shi want more than anything Bruno does.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tonight was bad (did I read Wolves did not get into Newcastle's penalty area in the first half?), but Huddersfield would have gone down as the worst Premier League side in history if not for our gift wrapping of six points for them, so those two stinkers would have to feature in my top 5 worst performances of the Fosun era. Despite winning, I'd add the Chorley game too. Ruddy kept us in that game at points.

But 0-4 at home to Burnley has to be the worst. First half Chris Wood hat-trick - the only game that I can remember laughing in borderline hysteria at how atrocious my own team was.

The stinkers keep coming out the woodwork the more we think back!

I would have last night as around at the bottom 20% worst Premier league performances. About as bad as 1 in 5 - and that's being harsh, possibly. Can't be bothered to delve into the stats, but it feels like we've turned in very similar stinkers at least 7 or 8 times a season. And theres' been a few where we were just as dour, over cautious and unable to pass, yet managed to scrape a 1-0 win.

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Crazy from sa? To close the angle?

He doesn’t initiate contact. Woods forgets how to use his legs and goes into sa. It’s an outrageous decision

Personally think if Coady goes to his man and shuts the space he is less likely to get into a position to win the pen.

He backs off and off even though he has Kilman behind him. Simply had to go to him and try and win the ball. Worst case he fouls and takes a yellow, or they break in for a 1 on 1 with Jose having more time to judge the situation.

All he did was invite him on and then not do anything when he makes the box forcing Jose to have to rush out.

He did it again later but Kilman managed to cover. Even Fabio got back and defended against the runner later on.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

They converted it into equity because to them their work here is done. Write off, no, just adding to how much Wolves will be worth to them on sale.
They could still have draw the debt back over time and been in same position then just turned it to equity before they sold

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good to know we can still stink out the whole league when it really matters. Such a lack of fight, desire, passion, talent.

Absolutely horrible performance, from the coach down. Feel sorry for those who went.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They could still have draw the debt back over time and been in same position then just turned it to equity before they sold
Sure, but that's drawing on physical funds that Wolves do not have.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where that utterly DISGRACEFUL performance came from, is anyone's guess.
Thank goodness for a 2 week break for Bruno to HOPEFULLY sort it.
I would have been OK with a draw but HEY HO!
Infact it was worse than DISGRACEFUL!!!
PS: Wood's dive for the pen was farcical. Left his legs trailing so Sa couldn't pull out or do much about it. RIDICULOUS!!!!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Sure, but that's drawing on physical funds that Wolves do not have.
Can easily just load wolves up with debt to do it fairly sustainably. Or just charge consultancy fees

CologneWolf

Reaction score
I don't, and where have I said any of that? I said people are interested in Wolves in it's current form.
Misjudgment on my behalf. I understood an implication that Fosun should sell because you stated there are willing buyers. I apologise.

However my comment still stands as a valid refutal to any of those who maintain Fosun Out is some sort of solution to the hurdles preventing us from achieving any higher honours year upon year.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
South Korean shirt sales and Twitter followers.
Absolute nonsense. Korea has a smaller population than the UK. Or is it just because he's a semi successful Aisan player that it's easy to make a generalisation?

I'm not his biggest fan but he does has strengths when playing on a certain way as shown in the past.

To say he only has a career because he's just Korean is both wrong and doesn't even make sense.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolute nonsense. Korea has a smaller population than the UK. Or is it just because he's a semi successful Aisan player that it's easy to make a generalisation?

I'm not his biggest fan but he does has strengths when playing on a certain way as shown in the past.

To say he only has a career because he's just Korean is both wrong and doesn't even make sense.
That’s not even close to what I said.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They converted it into equity because to them their work here is done. Write off, no, just adding to how much Wolves will be worth to them on sale.
Been a year or so since they did it though and no sign of a sale as yet, doesn't quite suggest their work here is done

Either way, they're not the bad guys

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Been a year or so since they did it though and no sign of a sale as yet, doesn't quite suggest their work here is done

Either way, they're not the bad guys
Work here is done in terms of the capital injection is completed, Wolves have been on their own since and will do so till they sell up.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally think if Coady goes to his man and shuts the space he is less likely to get into a position to win the pen.

He backs off and off even though he has Kilman behind him. Simply had to go to him and try and win the ball. Worst case he fouls and takes a yellow, or they break in for a 1 on 1 with Jose having more time to judge the situation.

All he did was invite him on and then not do anything when he makes the box forcing Jose to have to rush out.

He did it again later but Kilman managed to cover. Even Fabio got back and defended against the runner later on.
Correct
You are the first person who's mentioned this , but I was screaming at my TV " don't back off,close him down '!!
But Coady can't , cos he has no pace, but he should have forced him wide or fouled him , by backing off , and backing off he allowed the pass to wood very easy , and for wood to stay onside.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We lost today before a ball got kicked, unfortunately.

We do not have the squad to compete. It is as simple as that really.

Fosun. FOSUN. ****ING FOSUN. You have known this for about 5 transfer windows lads. Get it now?

When Chem Campbell came on (do not begrudge him his massive moment btw) i felt like i should have been watching an u23 game at Compton. As it was, this was a chance to put ourselves in with a shot of the top 6. It should not have been him coming off the bench to make a difference.

Dress it up as much as you want, Fosun have let Nuno and now Bruno down.
And he'll be let down again.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

One of the changes in the game since the 70's is how much easier it is to get penalties now. The Wood one is pretty much always a penalty these days, though maybe 30 years, would have been rarely given. Some of those types, the one-on-one attacker collides with keeper are really hard to call. The Wood one isn't. It's clear as day he drags his foot to create the collision. I dont' like it, but it's such a part of the game now. I thought refs had a guideline to consider "who initiated the contact" this season? Well, that's back in the realms of the totally subjective in most cases.

A couple of years back, they were saying that goals in open play were declining steadily in the Premier League, over time. Which is a problem as it's what the game is all about. But the number of penalties had increased significantly. It seems that this is how they are compensating for all the marginal offsides that are chalked off, and the dominance of defences at this level. Give cheap penalties to open up the match. No consolation, because even a couple of seasons, Newcastles disallowed goal would have been allowed every time and they would still have won.

But then, it's not just penalties. So many of the fouls given are not really fouls. Similar to the Wood incident, a player runs into any part of an opponents body then does a spectacular dive. Some players have it as a key part if their game - as it makes opponents scared to go near them. The only answer I can see , as it's too difficult to judge in real time and we don't want VAR checks for every collision, is much more use of post-match video evidence. 3 match bans for players who dive and "initiate contact".

BTW I like the style of that article, the writer articulates it really well. Yes, it's a penalty, but really shouldn't be if the game was genuine and fair.

Back
Top Bottom