Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Newcastle (H) Pre-Match Thread!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
1661668060794.jpeg

IT’S MAAAAAAAATCHDAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!

Here we go again. Our first Sunday game of the season probably the first of many sadly. At least we’re at home.

Big game today, Newcastle are unbeaten and playing well, and have the players to really give us a real test today. We’ve not played badly this season but just haven’t put chances away when we’ve been doing well. Performances should probably have us on more than 1 point but that don’t matter, we need to start scoring. Having Raul back in the line-up may help, as will a new signing (hopefully!)

The team needs a bit more belief, to believe that what they’re doing is working and can get results.

In terms of line-up, I can see a couple of changes from the Tottenham game. Semedo and Raul should just come in really, makes a lot of sense. I predict a team of:

Sa
Semedo Collins Kilman Ait-Nouri
Moutinho Neves Nunes
Guedes Raul Neto​

With the likes of Adama, Podence, Hwang to come on if needed.

Whether you’re following the game from Wolverhampton, or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get those three points lads!

COYW!

Titch

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Town for 10am, day off for most tomorrow, can't wait.

3-1 Wolves

Come on me babbies.......

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Collins to go in hard on that **** Chris Wood early on, forcing him off with an injury.

Raul to score the equaliser in our customary 1-1.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It should be a good game today. Two similar teams with the same ambitions for this season. I think both will be hoping to challenge for a top-eight finish and push for Europe with a cup run thrown in.

There are still a few tickets left which doesn't surprise me given the way the price of everything is going up. I think we'll see that throughout the season. Still a big crowd though.

I predicted a high-scoring draw but it could be anything. It has the feel of one of those kinds of matches.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tough match. Newcastle are going well under Howe and possibly have Isak available. Sadly, we haven't got the new striker that seemed likely a few days ago, so could see another match where we do OK until the final third and then run out of ideas. Of course, Jimi will help, but even he doesn't always play between the posts.
Hope I'm wrong, but another Wolvesnil may be on the cards.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tough match. Newcastle are going well under Howe and possibly have Isak available. Sadly, we haven't got the new striker that seemed likely a few days ago, so could see another match where we do OK until the final third and then run out of ideas. Of course, Jimi will help, but even he doesn't always play between the posts.
Hope I'm wrong, but another Wolvesnil may be on the cards.
I’m hoping that with Nunes now in the team Raul won’t have to drop off the forward line so much and hopefully will take up better scoring positions in the box.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Plenty of quality in both teams.

Home advantage will give us a 2-1 victory. Raul and Guedes for us. Bloody Chris Wood for them.

COYW.

MutchAdo

Reaction score
Anyone know what time the ticket office phone lines open? My cousin's kid can't make it today and I want to upgrade their ST to an adult ticket for for today for someone else who wants to go. Is it 10:00?

Hugh Jarse

Reaction score
Shame I'll miss our first win of the season but in London for carnival . 3-2 to us

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
Anyone know what time the ticket office phone lines open? My cousin's kid can't make it today and I want to upgrade their ST to an adult ticket for for today for someone else who wants to go. Is it 10:00?
As said on another thread I've used an u21tkt before no one ever bothers but I do think TO is 10am

MutchAdo

Reaction score
As said on another thread I've used an u21tkt before no one ever bothers but I do think TO is 10am
Right OK. I've always upgraded my kids' ticket if they can't make it but if i struggle to get through I'll just wing it.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Geordies are among the best away fans so hopefully we can do our bit for the atmosphere and drown them out.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Missed the early train from Sheffield so I'll probably be pressed up against some fat stripey deluded gob****e for an hour. I was at Stocksbridge vs Stockton yesterday and the Stockton fans were a likeable bunch... it's not the people (of the north east), it's the club.

1-1. I love having a proper number 8 midfielder in Nunes and think we'll give Newcastle a game.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1 paltry goal in 3 games , and we all know why. This will be 10% of the season gone today without strengthening up top. Which is criminal
We simply must get 3 points today. I don’t know if we will but we must

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Big game today please Wolves get the 3 points (don't care how!) will really set us up for our next two Bournemouth and Southampton which will hopefully kick start our season!

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Me too, I'm in my 40s, white and this ST was for an asian babbie. I'm a right wuss so I went in like I'd murdered the queen with a swan but they didn't bat an eyelid.

IANWILSON

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Still slightly concerned where the goals are coming from but at least the sun's out. A draw or narrow win.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
For fans based in Germany.. the match is Live on German Sky, KO 15:00.
28.08.2022 - Wolves v Newcastle.jpg

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Geordies are among the best away fans so hopefully we can do our bit for the atmosphere and drown them out.
Genuinely can't stand their away fans, spotty, entitled, self glorifying teenagers mostly, believing in their own hype. And I like Newcastle the city and indeed the football club, until they were bought by journalist murdering, terrorism sponsoring, climate change causing multi billionaires.

Suddenly I don't feel so nervous about the game. C'mon me babbies! Wolves ay we! Get into them, etc etc, Oh I do like to be beside the seaside

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Genuinely can't stand their away fans, spotty, entitled, self glorifying teenagers mostly, believing in their own hype. And I like Newcastle the city and indeed the football club, until they were bought by journalist murdering, terrorism sponsoring, climate change causing multi billionaires.

Suddenly I don't feel so nervous about the game. C'mon me babbies! Wolves ay we! Get into them, etc etc, Oh I do like to be beside the seaside
Yep I really should have said loudest rather than best.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Got 3 family functions but still going to make the game. Great sign, we will win this :)

The Pie Poker

Reaction score

Don't worry about upgrading, no chance you're spot checked. Trust me ;-)

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I asked the same question for our last home game. Everyone said not to bother as it will be fine and ...they were absolutely right! No one checking at all, and if someone unbelievably does, just feign ignorance and you can go to the ticket office to upgrade. That won't happen though.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Well I made a decision before the season started that I'd have to cut way down on my Wolves matches this year and probably not see a game until after the World Cup because of the financial squeeze. However, here again for my second game of the season. Travelled up from Wales as I was visiting my dad which is much easier than travelling down from Newcastle. Heading back to Newcastle after the game and hoping to see hordes of unhappy Newcastle fans on the journey back. Have a good feeling about today. Beautiful day here in sunny Wolverhampton and looking forward to a good match, some Wolves goals, and our first win of the season. As you can imagine, this is a vital game for me living up there with all my in-laws and work mates supporting the toon. Don't let me down Wolves.

Wolves2018

Reaction score
Read on their forum this morning that there is rumblings that bruno is injured for them and missing today's game, they all in a panic. Will give us a massive boost for today's game should win the midfield battle if so, with Wilson out and maybe Dan burn I have more optism on getting a result today!

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Read on their forum this morning that there is rumblings that bruno is injured for them and missing today's game, they all in a panic. Will give us a massive boost for today's game should win the midfield battle if so, with Wilson out and maybe Dan burn I have more optism on getting a result today!
Makes a change this year for us to be almost clear of injury with the opposition scratching a bit. Fingers crossed.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I don't ever have any ITK stuff about Wolves, but my friend, who works on the sports science set up at Newcastle, texted me this morning to say that Alexander Isak is definitely in the Newcastle squad travelling today. Doesn't know if he's starting, on the bench, or just watching, but he's had clearance. Apparently he's been outstanding in the limited training sessions he's had. Here's hoping Howe plays it cautiously and doesn't throw him in today.

Wombourne Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dan Burn is usually a guaranteed booking vs us, especially vs Adama

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just heading out and I’m hoping our brave new world of 4 at the back and additions can see us attack with more purpose today. Not going to be easy but come on Wolves

Back
Top Bottom