Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Newcastle Away Tickets

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Hi everyone, just noticed that the Newcastle away tickets are now on sale. Living in Newcastle it's a game me and my son always go to and always manage to get tickets for. In all the seasons since we've been recently promoted it has gone down to my points level (I'm a member who goes to about 15 home games a season). Not sure if it will this season though so thought I'd get in early. So if anyone has access to the tickets but can't make it, or has some and can no longer go, I'd be grateful for two adult tickets and happy to pay for recorded delivery and any other costs. Just send me a private message. Thanks.

Edit. I have now got some tickets thanks to the kindness of a fellow mixer.

Last edited:

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Try the Facebook group, quite a few for sale on there. You should be fine given its a late Sunday kick off on TV.

I'm annoyed with myself as it's my local game and I've booked to go down to London that weekend. Should get back to Central in time for the second half so may stick my head round a pub door

Geordie Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I’ll be looking on Facebook too, but if anyone here can help out please shout!
I’m looking to take my son to his first game too, we need to keep him Wolves… No pressure everyone! :hushed:

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Good luck to anyone after tickets, but this facebook stuff does my head in. If anyone has bought them already then they are an AST. The next group are people just racking up 'loyalty' points for later. The whole system is still crap.

Having said that I'll be very surprised if this sells out.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good luck to anyone after tickets, but this facebook stuff does my head in. If anyone has bought them already then they are an AST. The next group are people just racking up 'loyalty' points for later. The whole system is still crap.

Having said that I'll be very surprised if this sells out.
It will definitely sell out

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it sold out already? The website is showing a few blocks sold then others in grey, which doesn't correspond to anything (available / sold) in the key? Am I being a 'doyle' (saft ****) as they say up there?

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it sold out already? The website is showing a few blocks sold then others in grey, which doesn't correspond to anything (available / sold) in the key? Am I being a 'doyle' (saft ****) as they say up there?
Update: I'm being a doyle! I can't get one till tomorrow. Ignore me... if you haven't already ;)

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not the easiest site to navigate, are you sure you will able to find the way? A sat nav may help :D
Cheeky git ;) As we've discussed before Pagey, I know that part of the world well so no worries there. Just keep going uphill. Plus I'm probably in Gateshead that weekend so it's a no-brainer!

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
At a rough glance I'd say less than 200 left, which is very impressive if the 3k who have bought are going! Assume that all the seats are available, looks like they might just be the ones above the walkway, can't be right though I presume.

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Called in to the ticket office on Saturday to collect and they hadn't received them from Newcastle.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We just got 3 through just being home season ticket holders, and going by wolves Facebook sites its easy to get tickets.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
You need to ring Wolves, I got mine over a week ago.
Last time I took the mickey over people stressing about tickets, mine didn't turn up (until two weeks after the game). Always easy to get replacements from the ground though in my experience, much easier these days as nobody is gaining anything that way.

Titch

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Few more have gone on sale, player returns by the look of it.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are loads of tickets on Facebook, wolves tickets buy and sell. I'm a bit worried about how many will be there! Genuine reasons though

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Talking to a friend who works at Newcastle United today. She said Wolves returned around 200 tickets to Newcastle and they've now sold them to home fans.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Talking to a friend who works at Newcastle United today. She said Wolves returned around 200 tickets to Newcastle and they've now sold them to home fans.
Sounds a bit odd! Sold out notices ages ago. Bit odd they gave us 3,200 in the first place when I imagine they're selling out easily?

Any travel tips? Have just parked city centre, but wondered about park and ride from Metrocentre? Guess with KO time it'll be relatively quiet getting away though?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds a bit odd! Sold out notices ages ago. Bit odd they gave us 3,200 in the first place when I imagine they're selling out easily?

Any travel tips? Have just parked city centre, but wondered about park and ride from Metrocentre? Guess with KO time it'll be relatively quiet getting away though?
If you don’t like walking up stairs. Don’t bother going lol

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score

Apparently when ticket sales really slowed as it was about to go to members Wolves sent the 200 tickets back then, a whole half block. I bought some tickets from someone on here very early on as I didn't want to risk not getting a ticket. I checked about 5 days after they went on sale to members and there were still plenty of tickets left. Should have learned my lesson from previous years, since we've been in the Premier League the sale of tickets at Newcastle has always gone to down to members and last season they actually went on general sale. Think it's a combination of a long journey (although I do the same journey every few weeks), the time of the year, and playing on a Sunday at 4:30pm. I think if it was a Saturday 3pm kick off we would have easily sold out.

As for parking, it is difficult in the city centre on a match day. You could street park near a metro station and get the metro in (don't park at the Metrocentre, ironically there is no metro station there! There is a train station but it's a bit hit and miss|). I would suggest parking at Gateshead Civic Centre and either catching the metro into Newcastle from Gateshead or just walking into Newcastle from there, over the High Level Bridge (about a 25 minute walk). I never park in Newcastle whenever I go there, I always park in Gateshead and walk over. It's much easier to get away from after the match too.

Last edited:

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
If you don’t like walking up stairs. Don’t bother going lol
I quite enjoy the challenge for the first 6 flights or so! Although last time I confess I took the lift, which I'd certainly recommend for those even further from their physical peak! The Guinness is OK at the top too btw for those who care!

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn’t take the risk of it going to members, so I’m in the Milburn stand with Father in Law and missus is in the Gallowgate.

This is all weather dependent though as it’s snowing quite heavily already here in mid wales

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn’t take the risk of it going to members, so I’m in the Milburn stand with Father in Law and missus is in the Gallowgate.

This is all weather dependent though as it’s snowing quite heavily already here in mid wales

Forecast to be a lot warmer on Sunday.

ToastedWanderer

Groupie
Reaction score
Apparently when ticket sales really slowed as it was about to go to members Wolves sent the 200 tickets back then, a whole half block. I bought some tickets from someone on here very early on as I didn't want to risk not getting a ticket. I checked about 5 days after they went on sale to members and there were still plenty of tickets left. Should have learned my lesson from previous years, since we've been in the Premier League the sale of tickets at Newcastle has always gone to down to members and last season they actually went on general sale. Think it's a combination of a long journey (although I do the same journey every few weeks), the time of the year, and playing on a Sunday at 4:30pm. I think if it was a Saturday 3pm kick off we would have easily sold out.

As for parking, it is difficult in the city centre on a match day. You could street park near a metro station and get the metro in (don't park at the Metrocentre, ironically there is no metro station there! There is a train station but it's a bit hit and miss|). I would suggest parking at Gateshead Civic Centre and either catching the metro into Newcastle from Gateshead or just walking into Newcastle from there, over the High Level Bridge (about a 25 minute walk). I never park in Newcastle whenever I go there, I always park in Gateshead and walk over. It's much easier to get away from after the match too.
We're (hoping) travelling up Saturday and stopping at a Premiere in a Team Valley not far from Gateshead, was thinking of driving to a closer cark park on the Sunday afternoon, but not sure now, may look at your suggestion, thanks. Do the metro run Sunday evening? Whats the full walk like back from the ground? Might be too much of a walk from our hotel, 3 miles by the look of it..

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Going up Saturday, staying at travelodge. Used to be my local trip when in Berwick. I couldn't go much, for a variety of reasons, so used to spend most Saturdays listening on the wolves website to Mikey Burrows and following on the molineux mix comms. Used to really appreciate Erik's updates when couldnt get the game on the radio or website! This was after rugby coaching stopped so had Saturday afternoons free. Then Pumpking kindly helped get a couple of tickets and it was fantastic to be back! Top man.
And in 2017 my situation crazily changed and now I can go to all the home games and some away, if I can get a ticket! Retired last year and I'm very lucky, I know that.
I know how great molmix is for those that can't go, and how good it is to be able to go! So Sunday beckons in the toon and Lopetegui has transformed us and Wolves are on our way back upwards again! Buzzing for Sunday.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Going up Saturday, staying at travelodge. Used to be my local trip when in Berwick. I couldn't go much, for a variety of reasons, so used to spend most Saturdays listening on the wolves website to Mikey Burrows and following on the molineux mix comms. Used to really appreciate Erik's updates when couldnt get the game on the radio or website! This was after rugby coaching stopped so had Saturday afternoons free. Then Pumpking kindly helped get a couple of tickets and it was fantastic to be back! Top man.
And in 2017 my situation crazily changed and now I can go to all the home games and some away, if I can get a ticket! Retired last year and I'm very lucky, I know that.
I know how great molmix is for those that can't go, and how good it is to be able to go! So Sunday beckons in the toon and Lopetegui has transformed us and Wolves are on our way back upwards again! Buzzing for Sunday.
Same for me. Up on the train, Travelodge overnight then return home the following day, perhaps after a butchers around the historical town of Jarrow.
Last season I did a pilgrimage to places where my late brother stayed during his teachers training practice and spread a little ash on Cullercoats and Whitley Bay beaches (he and his friends would have a kick about there on a Sunday afternoon).

For all the ale drinkers, there's a micro pub on Whitley Bay station called the "Ticket Office" which is well worth a visit, The fish & chips from "Fishemans Bay" on the front are (or were) bang on too.
Pity I'll only have a couple of hours to spare before k.o. otherwise a repeat Metro journey up that coastal route would have been on.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
We're (hoping) travelling up Saturday and stopping at a Premiere in a Team Valley not far from Gateshead, was thinking of driving to a closer cark park on the Sunday afternoon, but not sure now, may look at your suggestion, thanks. Do the metro run Sunday evening? Whats the full walk like back from the ground? Might be too much of a walk from our hotel, 3 miles by the look of it..
You can't really walk it from the Premier Inn on the Team Valley, it's a bit far (and I am an enthusiastic walk everywhere if I can person!) and a difficult route. There's regular buses to Newcastle from the Team Valley but not sure about on a Sunday. If I was you I'd drive just up the road and park near Gateshead town centre. There's a few car parks but the Civic Centre is easy to find and available on a Sunday and then walk 5 mins to Gateshead Metro and get that into Newcastle (5 min journey and 2 stops to the Monument). Metro still runs regularly on a Sunday, especially when Newcastle are playing. Also probably worth asking the staff at the Premier Inn, they may have better advice as I'm sure they're asked how to get to Newcastle all the time!

Sheffield Wolf

Reaction score
Forecast to be a lot warmer on Sunday.
There’s now a weather warning for Saturday evening/Sunday morning stretching for most of the route from Wolverhampton to Newcastle. Take care everyone.

Reactions: AW

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you're staying on the Team Valley and looking for a night out then Low Fell up the hill isn't bad. 6 or 7 pubs and a bit of a crawl if you want it. Not Gateshead rough either!

My missus from Gateshead reckons the Metro runs on a Sunday, and you're better parking near Gateshead Stadium (not Interchange, where parking's trickier). Apparently you change at Monument for St James.

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently you change at Monument for St James.
There's very little point if you've got to change, it's not a long walk up to St James Stadium from Monument anyway.

It's an odd setup (one of the few in the world where the same train passes through the same station at different platforms), hence Monument <> St James is only via platform 3 and 4.

Spotted an article on TheMag slagging us off for not selling out, had a cursory glance and presumably you need a membership to buy any form of ticket these days?

Still kicking myself I'm taking the lad to London this weekend, we get back to Newcastle Central Station roughly in time for the second half to kick off, but not sure taking a five year old into a city centre pub on a home match day is a good idea.

Edit: sorry just spotted comments further up. Whitley Bay station is currently closed due to storm damage and no trains are stopping there. The Left Luggage Rooms is part of Monkseaton metro station and just round the corner from Whitley, and a cracking little micropub it is too. Literally just going past on my way home tonight

Last edited:

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
If you're staying on the Team Valley and looking for a night out then Low Fell up the hill isn't bad. 6 or 7 pubs and a bit of a crawl if you want it. Not Gateshead rough either!

My missus from Gateshead reckons the Metro runs on a Sunday, and you're better parking near Gateshead Stadium (not Interchange, where parking's trickier). Apparently you change at Monument for St James.
As @Bossworld said, anyone on the metro, don't go to St James, it's a right pain. Just get off and Monument or even Central Station. Both are a relatively short walk to the stadium. The St James station doesn't run as regularly, is always over crowded on match days and confusing to change to.

Back
Top Bottom