Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Newcastle Away Tickets

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As @Bossworld said, anyone on the metro, don't go to St James, it's a right pain. Just get off and Monument or even Central Station. Both are a relatively short walk to the stadium. The St James station doesn't run as regularly, is always over crowded on match days and confusing to change to.
It's every ~15 mins but appreciate if you're staying anywhere between S Gosforth and Pelaw, you've effectively got twice the frequency to Monument due to the South Hylton <> Airport line also running.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As @Bossworld said, anyone on the metro, don't go to St James, it's a right pain. Just get off and Monument or even Central Station. Both are a relatively short walk to the stadium. The St James station doesn't run as regularly, is always over crowded on match days and confusing to change to.
Ah okay, makes sense. I'd personally walk it if it's under 3 miles, I love an urban walk especially if it's somewhere I'm unfamiliar with. From where my missus grew up, near Low Fell, we'd just slog it into the 'toon'. On Sunday though I'm gonna park near hers and get the bus in and back before driving back to Sheffield.

I remember a (good) few seasons back driving up and having the weekend there. We went mental when 'Hit the North' came on in the car. Our kid was so ****ed by the end of a night round Newcastle I had to carry the saft **** a mile back to our hotel. Then he sobered up and we had a few with some good Wolves fans in the hotel bar. Good times.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Get it out with Optrex...

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Ah okay, makes sense. I'd personally walk it if it's under 3 miles, I love an urban walk especially if it's somewhere I'm unfamiliar with. From where my missus grew up, near Low Fell, we'd just slog it into the 'toon'. On Sunday though I'm gonna park near hers and get the bus in and back before driving back to Sheffield.

I remember a (good) few seasons back driving up and having the weekend there. We went mental when 'Hit the North' came on in the car. Our kid was so ****ed by the end of a night round Newcastle I had to carry the saft **** a mile back to our hotel. Then he sobered up and we had a few with some good Wolves fans in the hotel bar. Good times.
Like a good walk myself, but walking from the Team Valley is very awkward, lots of main roads and disappearing pavements. Low Fell is quite a good night out, think we've talked about my other half being from there too. When we lived there for a bit I often walked into Newcastle.

Bad snow up here today but it's expected to be completely gone by Sunday when the temperatures are rising.

ToastedWanderer

Groupie
Reaction score
We're driving back home after match, so we've no real tie to Team Valley other than already parked there, could probably do 3 miles, but yeah, the road network does not look pedestrian friendly to the river. Will look to parking by one of the metro stations as recommended and hope it doesn't shed down with snow over night, been looking forward to this weekend for a while. Been several years since I've been to Newcastle and we have some connections via my in-laws so always hold the fixture with fondness..

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
We're driving back home after match, so we've no real tie to Team Valley other than already parked there, could probably do 3 miles, but yeah, the road network does not look pedestrian friendly to the river. Will look to parking by one of the metro stations as recommended and hope it doesn't shed down with snow over night, been looking forward to this weekend for a while. Been several years since I've been to Newcastle and we have some connections via my in-laws so always hold the fixture with fondness..
Snowed heavily here last night but it's completely gone now, all melted away and roads completely clear. Hopefully it'll be the same for the rest of the country. Safe journey up north!

Back
Top Bottom