Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Newcastle (A) predictions - Sat 2 March

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I haven't been getting caught up in the Europe hype, but I think we could sneak a win here, and if we do I think this will be when I join the potential Europe gang

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
I am enjoying this season. One part is seeing GON tactically evolve and try and solve problems. Previously we have had managers who when problems occurred stuck rigidly to one system or went to a back 4.

Hwang out, for me Fraser still not ready to start be interested in how he sets up for this game. Watching Newcastle they have not been at their best. Gordon has been decent, with Isak back they have pace up front, on the wings.

I believe we can get a result just got to be smart about how we approach it. Head says we may get caught out and lose by the odd goal. Heart says plucky Wolves get a point after a brave defensive display

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
0-1

Santi Bueno with a towering header.

Yorkshire Wolf

Reaction score
Don’t care as long as we win or draw, if we lost I wouldn’t hear the end of it by work colleagues and a couple family members

Yorkshire Wolf

Reaction score
Anyone know the away pub for this one? Travelling up on the day with 6 mates, so wanna make sure we go to the right place :joycat:

I'd take a point at this stage, we look really leggy & don't have the depth to really switch a lot around.
Would go for the milecastle think it’s the main one as the other poster said

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Would be happy with a draw, thinking 1-1, with Neto scoring from a trademark quick counter...

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A win would be brilliant, particularly considering this will be third game in the week, plus tiredness and injuries. But this is the wonderful Wolves we are talking about, so we will win 2 - 1, and Gary will fist pump the entire ground.. :)

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolute quirk of the fixture list but at a Newcastle Alumni event today and it included a tour of SJP.

We've got rail seating for tomorrow, new for this season

Away dressing room is absolutely tiny in comparison to the Home one - psychological advantage and all that

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
Absolute quirk of the fixture list but at a Newcastle Alumni event today and it included a tour of SJP.

Away dressing room is absolutely tiny in comparison to the Home one - psychological advantage and all that

Interesting. Thanks for posting. The contrast between the spaceship stand and the away dressing room is stark. Very old school mentality. Kind of thing Wimbledon would have done in the San Siro Plough. Guess it will come down to which set of players are least knackered. Have a feeling it maybe Neto's afternoon. Just need to win the midfield battle.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Is Molineux that different with respect to the dressing rooms?

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is Molineux that different with respect to the dressing rooms?
The tour guide said it was common practice - other clubs messing with heating controls, classical music being pumped in etc. Even mentioned (apparently) Southampton have mirrors on the backs of the cubicle doors, with Southampton kits imposed on them, to try and subliminally encourage away players to pass to So'ton shirts.

Home one for comparison- though you've probably seen it on those tweets they do when they win a game

(Image set to auto delete in a few days as couldn't get a clear shot).

On a more serious note, I don't get to many away games anymore. Presumably it's still a case of sitting in your allocated seat? I'll have my young lad with me so slightly concerned if it's rail standing he won't be able to see a thing.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Away dressing room much more basic at Molineux than home one and with a pillar in the middle so difficult for all players to see manager at same time.
That's what l thought, TY for confirming.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The tour guide said it was common practice - other clubs messing with heating controls, classical music being pumped in etc. Even mentioned (apparently) Southampton have mirrors on the backs of the cubicle doors, with Southampton kits imposed on them, to try and subliminally encourage away players to pass to So'ton shirts.

Home one for comparison- though you've probably seen it on those tweets they do when they win a game

On a more serious note, I don't get to many away games anymore. Presumably it's still a case of sitting in your allocated seat? I'll have my young lad with me so slightly concerned if it's rail standing he won't be able to see a thing.
Yes, you use your allocated seat(s).
As regards rail standing, every away game I've attended for many seasons has been standing (the only occasions I can remember being told to remain seated was QPR and Southampton ages ago).
Depending on the size of your young lad, it may be a case of standing him on the seat although I appreciate the H&S aspect in doing that.
If you're near the end of a row, perhaps those at the end will swap with you so your son can get a clear view.

Hope it works out for you both.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we win this tomorrow then a statue should be under discussion for ONeil. Our attack is threadbare.
To be fair I think most wanted another forward in January.....we clearly needed one BUT maybe some people were a better judge at wasting unnecessary money on players....if you look back with hindsight we could have made some expensive blunders with the target available...I was guilty of that cause I wanted Ekitike....what a waste of time he would have been...same could be said for Broja....Even keeping Sasa would have proved a waste of time...

Yes we could have coffeed up the extra agent money for the Brazilian chap but maybe that would have set a precedent with the south American market and agents for future transfers...

Yes we are a bit short but I'm still reasonable content to let O'Neil work his magic as such....we can still play a 3 man midfield and just play 2 of our current forwards.....play Doherty or Bueno and push Rayan further forward....or as quite a few have been saying give a kid a chance if it's for a game or 10/15 mins then so be it, it's still probably better than chucking money down the drain..

I sure our team spirit can get us through the next week or so .....

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair I think most wanted another forward in January.....we clearly needed one BUT maybe some people were a better judge at wasting unnecessary money on players....if you look back with hindsight we could have made some expensive blunders with the target available...I was guilty of that cause I wanted Ekitike....what a waste of time he would have been...same could be said for Broja....Even keeping Sasa would have proved a waste of time...

Yes we could have coffeed up the extra agent money for the Brazilian chap but maybe that would have set a precedent with the south American market and agents for future transfers...

Yes we are a bit short but I'm still reasonable content to let O'Neil work his magic as such....we can still play a 3 man midfield and just play 2 of our current forwards.....play Doherty or Bueno and push Rayan further forward....or as quite a few have been saying give a kid a chance if it's for a game or 10/15 mins then so be it, it's still probably better than chucking money down the drain..

I sure our team spirit can get us through the next week or so .....
Hope that your last para is accurate but our own past (see the Dave Jones or Mick teams) suggests that team spirit only goes so far and quality is also required. Our current injuries suggest that might temporarily be in short supply.

Topcat

Groupie
Reaction score
Can see us narrowly losing this one unfortunately as we’ll be focused towards the FA Cup QF and can’t afford any more injuries leading up to it. Obviously we’ve got Fulham in between so with the home crowd behind us I’d like to think we’ll sneak that one 1-0.

But what do I know?!!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope that you are right, at least about our score lol....
You never know. Yeah good newcastle have a strong attack but their defence is weak. If we can wind up Guimaraes he could get himself sent off. Dirty player, intriguing to see what formation we play and the line up

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope that your last para is accurate but our own past (see the Dave Jones or Mick teams) suggests that team spirit only goes so far and quality is also required. Our current injuries suggest that might temporarily be in short supply.
I meant our current team spirit will get us through the short term loss of our 2 forwards....we will get round it, just like we did when Neto and Cunha got injured....I don't think chucking money at the options available in January would have made us any different short term.....

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I meant our current team spirit will get us through the short term loss of our 2 forwards....we will get round it, just like we did when Neto and Cunha got injured....I don't think chucking money at the options available in January would have made us any different short term.....
I get what you mean and l really hope that you are right, it's just that often it only goes so far.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

How childish

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang not playing great but him and Cunha are a big loss for our breaks, need Neto to do all the running. Bellegarde will be criticised out of position but he needs to hold the ball and soak up pressure.
Isak, Botman fit for this? Like others say Neto or RAN running at Burn could cause problems.

Have a great day at Newcastle those going, loads of pubs pretty much all away friendly. Take a Sherpa and oxygen up to the away end!

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, you use your allocated seat(s).
As regards rail standing, every away game I've attended for many seasons has been standing (the only occasions I can remember being told to remain seated was QPR and Southampton ages ago).
Depending on the size of your young lad, it may be a case of standing him on the seat although I appreciate the H&S aspect in doing that.
If you're near the end of a row, perhaps those at the end will swap with you so your son can get a clear view.

Hope it works out for you both.
Cheers mate, he's only 6 so might see if we can swap the end of a row.

The only other time he's really struggled at a match was Sunderland v Newcastle earlier this season as everyone was stood (fair enough), but we were sat at the back of a break, so he just stood behind our seats.

Geordie Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Cheers mate, he's only 6 so might see if we can swap the end of a row.

The only other time he's really struggled at a match was Sunderland v Newcastle earlier this season as everyone was stood (fair enough), but we were sat at the back of a break, so he just stood behind our seats.
I’ll have my 6 year old with me too, fingers crossed he’ll be able to see!

Back
Top Bottom