Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Newcastle (A) predictions - Sat 2 March

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Honestly don't know which way this will go. Hopefully they're leggy after going through on penalties against Blackburn yesterday.

If Hwang is now crocked that's not good news with Cunha being out too. That said there's a lot of unrest on Newcastle twitter about Howe not having a plan B, so maybe we can get an early goal and shut up shop.

I'm going 1-1

I've been up here on Tyneside 18 years now so looking forward to my "local" away day, and taking my lad for his first ever Wolves game.

Quick tip for anyone outside Tyne and Wear, there's no point waiting around and swapping Metro to get to St James', the service has gone to pot as of late and you'd be just as quick walking up from Central or Monument.

(Hello to readers from the Mag trawling this thread for clickbait)

Last edited:

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Newcastle will be expected to win this at home

Wolves will put up a fight. I fancy some goals

Newcastle 2 Wolves 2

MrJamez

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Agree with others, would definitely take the point.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Expecting this match to be a proper ugly one between two tired teams. Think Howe will see this as an absolute must-win.

The home crowd will get awfully restless if it's not looking like they'll get the three points...

So yeah I expect they come out flying. If Wolves can hold on, I think toon will tire and make mistakes as the game goes on.

1-2 with some weird stuff happening.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Hwang is indeed crocked, who does that leave as cf? I hope to goodness it’s not JRB playing false 9 again.

Toon are favourites on home soil, but that seems to mean little to us given our away form this season. That said, a draw would be a decent result, a victory would be fantastic however it comes.

I’m going for 1-1 after 2 clean sheets in a row.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Up till tonight, I thought we were in with a real chance to win this but we are seriously struggling for front players. Hope I'm wrong but Neto seemed to be hobbling at the end tonight.
Cunha and Hwang out.....potentially we could be starting with a front 3 of Fraser, Bellegarde and Sarabia......hope I'm mistaken about Neto.

1-2 (heart over head)

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I dislike the Newcastle away day, it's a pain to get to, the matches are normally drab affairs,it is a nice city and a decent night out though.

I'd take a 1 1 now but get an early goal and the pressures on them with the current situation they'd turn on Howe.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haven't something mental like 9 of our last 12 games with these lot been a draw?

With that in mind - 2-1 Wolves

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
16th post on this thread and no one has predicted we will lose. I won’t either.

Just great that after all the turmoil of pre season, we are predicted not to lose against one of the worlds richest football clubs!

1-1 draw for me and yet more plaudits for GON, his staff and the lads in gold and black, who are doing us proud.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not suggesting for one minute that we should throw this one, but with Fulham and Coventry coming up, I'd be doing a bit of fatigue management and start some of the bench players.
The counter argument no doubt will be that all our players are at the top of their fitness and should be able to play two games in a week, but in the last two games there's been some tired legs out there and with treatment room admissions increasing it's starting to become challenge for both coaching staff and medical team alike.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No idea, we’ve looked a little leggy the last few games and I fear that this might be one game too many for us and our small squad; especially with the effort we put in with our pressing and counter attacking.

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not suggesting for one minute that we should throw this one, but with Fulham and Coventry coming up, I'd be doing a bit of fatigue management and start some of the bench players.
The counter argument no doubt will be that all our players are at the top of their fitness and should be able to play two games in a week, but in the last two games there's been some tired legs out there and with treatment room admissions increasing it's starting to become challenge for both coaching staff and medical team alike.
Agree, apart from Hwang who sounds like he is out anyway would look to give reduced minutes in particular to Neto, Lemina, Gomes who I think could most do with resting.
Think Traore should be starting against Toon and Fulham and would also give minutes to Hugo Bueno and rest RAN for some of the two marches as well.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What’s happened to the fitness since Nuno?

I know it is different players - but we coped playing 3 times a week then without huge rotation, yet now our players look absolutely knackered .

Playing at a high intensity pressing probably contributes. That’s exactly what you need to do at Newcastle unfortunately

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
really not sure....esp with Cunha and Hwang out....our two top scorers..if only we had signed a forward eh ? Who would have thought.... :rolleyes:

i think we will have to play it really tight because if Mario Jr or Gomes dont run into the box all the time..who will Neto pass to ?

nil nil or 1 1....im hoping for a goal fest but cant see it

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A third in a row horrible victory 1-0 with a bit of brilliance from Neto and then a heroic rear guard action.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What’s happened to the fitness since Nuno?

I know it is different players - but we coped playing 3 times a week then without huge rotation, yet now our players look absolutely knackered .

Playing at a high intensity pressing probably contributes. That’s exactly what you need to do at Newcastle unfortunately
That's exactly what it is, we play a much higher intensity under GON than any of our previous 3 coaches. I think our players are the fittest I've ever seen, think back to last season when RAN was coming off after 64 minutes blowing out of his ****, now he runs for 90.
We do need a bigger squad to play this was, I'm concerned about Saturday especially up front.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As GON says we are creaking at the seams
Lots of players could do with a week off
We may have Hwang and Neto out for a spell Cunha not back for another month
Gomes looked iffy too at the end
Maybe just play what kids we can and prepare for the next game
3-0 loss

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto and Sarabia in a front two, stretching them on the counter, RAN in a free role to support them...we can still cause problems without Hwang who's been anonymous recently anyway.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone know the away pub for this one? Travelling up on the day with 6 mates, so wanna make sure we go to the right place :joycat:

I'd take a point at this stage, we look really leggy & don't have the depth to really switch a lot around.

Reaction score
I'd snatch your hand off if you offered a point right now.

It's going to be tough for the lads and they will have a day's less recovery than Newcastle (even though they did have extra-time). The two injuries we have are both in the forward area, where we are light on numbers anyway, so we may have to go with just 2 up top again and play the extra midfielder.
I can see the 4 lads who were 'rested' last night coming back in and it wouldn't surprise me if GON went for the extra 'legs' of Boubacar.

It will be tough and the main thing is that we don't suffer any further injuries ahead of what is now our biggest game of the season v Coventry

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Think we might be overthinking it
4 of our 10 outfield first choice were rested last night
Gomes is not long off a decent break

Week break to game afterwards

We should be going for the win against a rival

Also, there's a handful of tickets still available on the site if anyone still looking!

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone know the away pub for this one? Travelling up on the day with 6 mates, so wanna make sure we go to the right place :joycat:

I'd take a point at this stage, we look really leggy & don't have the depth to really switch a lot around.
You'll not struggle mate, it's not really a 'the' - there's maybe one or two bars in the city centre that don't allow away fans and that's the exception and not the norm. Only ridiculous situation I find year on year, is that you're allowed to walk under the stands to get into the ground, but coming out you're looped around the back of the car park - at which point you're amongst Newcastle fans on Barrack Road anyway.

In years gone past, there's been a decent Wolves contingent in the Union Rooms which is a couple of hundred yards from the station but that's no longer a Wetherspoon - one of the online guides suggests still away friendly.

The Mile Castle (similar distance) is still a Wetherspoon if you're wanting something cheaper. In previous years I've met up with Yorkshire Wolves on Osborne Road in Jesmond too.

I love The Bodega (Westgate Road) but it's rammed on a matchday.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You'll not struggle mate, it's not really a 'the' - there's maybe one or two bars in the city centre that don't allow away fans and that's the exception and not the norm. Only ridiculous situation I find year on year, is that you're allowed to walk under the stands to get into the ground, but coming out you're looped around the back of the car park - at which point you're amongst Newcastle fans on Barrack Road anyway.

In years gone past, there's been a decent Wolves contingent in the Union Rooms which is a couple of hundred yards from the station but that's no longer a Wetherspoon - one of the online guides suggests still away friendly.

The Mile Castle (similar distance) is still a Wetherspoon if you're wanting something cheaper. In previous years I've met up with Yorkshire Wolves on Osborne Road in Jesmond too.

I love The Bodega (Westgate Road) but it's rammed on a matchday.

Brilliant, thank you

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're running on empty at the moment, that and with no striker at the weekend available, can see this being a step too far. Newcastle win

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do think this will be a step too far I am afraid. We are going to play Neto or JRB as a false 9 and basically run them into the ground.

I would take a point right now.

Back
Top Bottom