Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

New Shirt Sponsor/Reveal

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You are right - but I think they are being a bit loose with the term manufacture. All clothing of this type is made abroad... China, Vietnam, Turkey.

Its much cheaper to produce. Sometimes firms import it and add a label or something to try and get a made in the UK badge, but I doubt it in this case.

I'm not an expert of any kind - in anything - but I recently wrote a paper for my business degree on supply chain management.
I know they said it would mean it was cheaper which does seem the case as villa's is £65. No idea what part of the manufacturing wolves do though.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I wont be buying this for myself and I will wait for the sales before purchasing for the kids.

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That will be the 4th green kit I have - the adverts on them are Sporting Bet; ManbetX; and Goodyear. Green is my favourite colour, although it does not look too good, when it is matched with the grass on the field of play.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Not massively keen on the colour generally but as a shirt it’s quite nice. Think both the home and away shirts this season are improvements on last season.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
7 promotweets including the video with different players in the new shirt so far today...

Just in case any fans had any doubt we are seen as anything but potential cash cows...

And yes of course they've to promote the shirt but this is a bit overboard....especially with fans desperate for positive news from the club.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
7 promotweets including the video with different players in the new shirt so far today...

Just in case any fans had any doubt we are seen as anything but potential cash cows...

And yes of course they've to promote the shirt but this is a bit overboard....especially with fans desperate for positive news from the club.
Probably in the players’ contracts to use them in promotion and marketing.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Totally agree.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Same with all clubs I'm afraid not unique to us, it's a shame but modern football is a brand not a club, the game of the working man has long gone.

It wouldn't surprise me if in my lifetime there is a super league played globally.

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
Not decided if I like it yet.

They should have put an NHS logo on it though, it makes us look like cast members from Scrubs or ER…

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the home shirt is available to buy from the club shop yet?

Sons birthday is coming up and, after my less than stellar experience ordering online last year, it will just be easier to buy one in person.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the home shirt is available to buy from the club shop yet?

Sons birthday is coming up and, after my less than stellar experience ordering online last year, it will just be easier to buy one in person.

I’m not sure, but fairly certain it’s in JD Sports now (if you’re local to Wolverhampton area).

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watching the first half of this video - is Vinny Clark our kit design expert?! I thought he was the ticket guy??

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watching the first half of this video - is Vinny Clark our kit design expert?! I thought he was the ticket guy??
Vinny 'yep, that matches'..... wtf was he expecting?!

Hilarious that he was bothered about long names not fitting on the back, my first thought was 'well ****ing replace Dendoncker and we won't have to worry'.... and what's Vinny doing three minutes later? ****ing around with Dendoncker's name template on the back!!

Otherwise it looks like a nice shirt, might even get this one. I swear they only pick the designs based on what the Chinese sellers will find most difficult to replicate though

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Hilarious that he was bothered about long names not fitting on the back, my first thought was 'well ****ing replace Dendoncker and we won't have to worry'.... and what's Vinny doing three minutes later? ****ing around with Dendoncker's name template on the back!!
Sure it’s just play acting for the filming. It’s surprisingly hard to hold a fake conversation!

Anyway, announce Player 12.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

Otherwise it looks like a nice shirt, might even get this one. I swear they only pick the designs based on what the Chinese sellers will find most difficult to replicate though
He’s definitely not the fitness guy unless its

“Yeah I’m into fitness, fitness pizza in my mouth”

citrus_wolf

Reaction score
Nope, l certainly did not! That is about as likely as me declaring Dean Saunders' managerial stint at Molineux, or yet another pass back to Coady, to be amazing.....

Joking apart l know that we all have different tastes. To me that strip is just trying too hard to be different.

There's an added ingredient: nostalgia. They've hit me right in the wallet as my first ever shirt was the 1996 away - and they bloody know it!

I even said I wouldn't buy a shirt until ManBet was gone. They targeted this one at me and I'll probably buy 10 :grimacing::D

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's an added ingredient: nostalgia. They've hit me right in the wallet as my first ever shirt was the 1996 away - and they bloody know it!

I even said I wouldn't buy a shirt until ManBet was gone. They targeted this one at me and I'll probably buy 10 :grimacing::D
Bloody kiddy lol.... My first ever shirt was the three leaping Wolves....

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone else think it’s weird that Wolves haven’t revealed the keeper kits yet? Perhaps there is a GK signing down the pike they are waiting for?

Was this how it was last year? It’s been over a month since the home kit was released.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone else think it’s weird that Wolves haven’t revealed the keeper kits yet? Perhaps there is a GK signing down the pike they are waiting for?

Was this how it was last year? It’s been over a month since the home kit was released.
I dont think sa has had photos taken in it perhaps.

Ruddy obviously went, so i think they may have been waiting for SA to get shots done

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Saw someone in the new shirt in a pub on Sunday, it looked a lot lighter in colour than previous ones. The bloke could’ve been wearing a fake but it definitely looked more (it hurts to type this) yellowy. How do others think it compares to shirts from the W88 one onwards?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saw someone in the new shirt in a pub on Sunday, it looked a lot lighter in colour than previous ones. The bloke could’ve been wearing a fake but it definitely looked more (it hurts to type this) yellowy. How do others think it compares to shirts from the W88 one onwards?
Looked in the wardrobe yesterday its definitely lighter, i genuinely quite like the castore kit even compared to that W88 Adidas

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The best one to compare it to is the Championship promotion shirt which looks Tango orange now

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Been up to the club shop this morning and bought it. It is a lot lighter than last seasons

TdnYRIG.jpg

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will wait to see what the third kit looks like, haven't bought a home or away shirt in years..

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wonder why it has changed again? Surely it should be the same colour as the background to the badge?!
Different materials react to lighting in different ways. The same colours on different materials can look very different in certain lights.

Or I'm talking out my ****.

Back
Top Bottom