Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

New Shirt Sponsor/Reveal

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Good news. Not perfect (any bits of red should be banned on a wolves kit as it’s dangerously close to Watford territory) but nonetheless this kit is a subtle but big improvement for me. Mainly due to the awful previous sponsor but also due to general fannying around on the shirt with random panels and white bits.

Delighted to announce that after several years I will be ending my boycott and buying one (Jeff punches air).

Agree with you, I've not bought a shirt since the first Adidas one because of that **** ManBet logo but I'll likely buy this one.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
Why don't they offer shirts without sponsors like in the old days. They would probably sell more shirts if they did

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
came across this site for anyone interested.
some nice looking gear.

bear.jpg

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
some nice looking gear.

View attachment 28252
some nice looking gear.

View attachment 28252
Goodyear kit was great, no gambling, no foreign language!

fleck1

Reaction score
Why don't they offer shirts without sponsors like in the old days. They would probably sell more shirts if they did
Id imagine the company that has paid millions to have their name/logo on the front of the shirt don't want 1000s of blank shirts wandering around and want their moneys worth/maximum exposure.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
Id imagine the company that has paid millions to have their name/logo on the front of the shirt don't want 1000s of blank shirts wandering around and want their moneys worth/maximum exposure.
The value for the sponsor I guess is the TV exposure and any media photos of players in their logo-adorned shirts. The few thousand fans wearing tops with their logo on would be of negligible value.

citrus_wolf

Reaction score
Not sure if this could be a potential sponsor, but interesting nonetheless. Don’t know anything about the company, but their logo looks to be just plain text, so wouldn’t look terrible on a shirt I suppose

I feel like putting 'X' in a brand name is the mid-2000's 'add a Z' instead of an 's'.

"And now we're cool :cool:"

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stopped reading at eSports. Getting right on my tits that is.

Looks better than ManBet though at least.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reading the email I just got from Wolves about AstroPay it is quite clear the club only cared that the sponsor would sponsor the esports shirts as well

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reading the email I just got from Wolves about AstroPay it is quite clear the club only cared that the sponsor would sponsor the esports shirts as well

quite clear? so esports creates value out of nothing, ie a sponsor will pay to put their name on something virtual

so why not capitalise on it? very smart by the club i think. creating something out of nothing

Banks's Mild

Groupie
Reaction score
I wonder if they're sponsoring us with all the customers money that is either blocked or lost in their system according to reviews!

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Apparently our involvement with Esports was a big factor in them sponsoring us this year. They were involved with us last year too, but on a smaller level.
Esports is massive, and even though most older Wolves fans don't care about it (me included), you have to realise that it could be the pathway to a lot more sponsorship for the club.
When something is relatively new and has huge growth you get companies lined up to be a part of it.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently our involvement with Esports was a big factor in them sponsoring us this year. They were involved with us last year too, but on a smaller level.
Esports is massive, and even though most older Wolves fans don't care about it (me included), you have to realise that it could be the pathway to a lot more sponsorship for the club.
When something is relatively new and has huge growth you get companies lined up to be a part of it.

A market with revenues already over $1bn, expected to grow by a compound 24% per year for the next 5 years.

Certainly the type of market where it pays to be an early adopter, participant or partner.

Wandsworth Wolf

Reaction score
They gave burnley 1 year sleeve sponsorship last season.

Indeed.
Sleeve sponsors always seem to be short-term, but the front of shirt main sponsorship is typically longer. Even W88 was supposed to be a 2-year deal. If this is the best offer the club got, maybe it's an indication of the market right now (with the world bracing itself for a global recession).

But hey, the good news is the logo looks okay and it's not a betting company.

modenawolf

Reaction score
Not sure if this could be a potential sponsor, but interesting nonetheless. Don’t know anything about the company, but their logo looks to be just plain text, so wouldn’t look terrible on a shirt I suppose

Would imagine any eventual collaboration with StrikeX could be linked to the inevitable Wolves NFT release.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As someone has said, the Trustpilot reviews are awful. Hate to see a company just cut & paste the same reply to every question/comment.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
quite clear? so esports creates value out of nothing, ie a sponsor will pay to put their name on something virtual

so why not capitalise on it? very smart by the club i think. creating something out of nothing
It's astute business which the "our club" brigade are at pains to admit.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
As someone has said, the Trustpilot reviews are awful. Hate to see a company just cut & paste the same reply to every question/comment.
I'll be honest the only shirt sponsor I ever spent money with was Doritos, although i think my Mom and Dad had a Tatung TV back in the day. As long as they don't prey on the vulnerable or use child labour and the logo is okay I'm ambivalent.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quite like the look of the (leaked) new shirts, inc the long sleeved one if that comes to pass.
As for the opportunity to buy shirts without a sponsor on it, i think they should offer that option for £5 per shirt more (to charity).

Wolf In Essex

Reaction score
Haven't got a problem with the whole esports thing, anything with the potential to bring in a bit extra sponsorship and hopefully money can only be a plus.

Does anyone know if any other clubs have entered into the esports or are we the only ones?

Back
Top Bottom