Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

New Matchday Experience

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

'
Wolves have announced a series of new initiatives to improve the matchday experience for the 2017/18 season - on the day Season Ticket sales for the new campaign broke through the 11,000 barrier.
Plans have now been approved for two new digital video screens, and an upgrade to the Public Address system.
Managing Director, Laurie Dalrymple takes Wolves Player HD through the plans.'

exciting!

D

Deleted member TW5162

'
Wolves have announced a series of new initiatives to improve the matchday experience for the 2017/18 season - on the day Season Ticket sales for the new campaign broke through the 11,000 barrier.
Plans have now been approved for two new digital video screens, and an upgrade to the Public Address system.
Managing Director, Laurie Dalrymple takes Wolves Player HD through the plans.'

exciting!

Yep just watched that on twitter sounds really good! Edge finally has his screens he will have a giddy fit! ;):D

D

Deleted member TW5162

Perhaps the first image on the new screens should be a life size Edge for all to see!

Wait..they will be high definition right as he is quite small :p

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds exciting, like a breath of fresh air

D

Deleted member 4456

I'll say it again. After suffering Jez's platitudes and downright bull**** for 2 decades, Laurie Dalrymple is a breath of fresh air. The plans so far seem great. I'm looking forward to hearing about the other initiatives that the powers that be have in mind over the next few months.

Sideshow Bob

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Shame they knocked down a perfectly good "fanzone" in The Wanderer and turned it into a car park.

Hopefully they've looked at a prematch playlist something like at Man City to build up to kick off and get rid of "our team Wolverhampton Wanderers" being belted out"

D

Deleted member 4456

Shame they knocked down a perfectly good "fanzone" in The Wanderer and turned it into a car park.

Hopefully they've looked at a prematch playlist something like at Man City to build up to kick off and get rid of "our team Wolverhampton Wanderers being belted out"

Since that car park is never used on matchdays, I think that they should put a beer tent or something like that there. The club has a relationship with Greene King as well as Carling, and should leverage it.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That Jason forestt seriously is annoying no wonder people enter the ground close to kick off dropping the price of beer between 2 and 3.45 would be a good idea as well

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone know how big 30sqm is compared to the current ones?
Also, I hope they situate one of them on the North Bank roof as promised years ago, and if not, those eyesore structures better be on their way out!

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excellent stuff! Where's Edg?! I am becoming more and more impressed with Dalrymple.

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That Jason forestt seriously is annoying no wonder people enter the ground close to kick off dropping the price of beer between 2 and 3.45 would be a good idea as well

Sorry pal, but you obviously have no idea how much Jason Forrest does behind the scenes. He's a top lad, you can't blame him for the state of the sound system.

Maybe you'll have a different opinion when we get the new system in.

D

Deleted member 4456

Anyone know how big 30sqm is compared to the current ones?
Also, I hope they situate one of them on the North Bank roof as promised years ago, and if not, those eyesore structures better be on their way out!

Just short of 5.5 metres in length, so probably a bit bigger. I'm guessing these will be roof-mounted screens?

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just short of 5.5 metres in length, so probably a bit bigger. I'm guessing these will be roof-mounted screens?
Suppose they could stick one on top of the South Bank too

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry pal, but you obviously have no idea how much Jason Forrest does behind the scenes. He's a top lad, you can't blame him for the state of the sound system.

Maybe you'll have a different opinion when we get the new system in.
It is true that you can't hear a word he says most of the time though. Seems to think mumbling anything to do with the opposition is helpful.

Have to look at the scoreboard 99% of the time to work out any substitutions (and half the time someone hasn't bothered to work out if the colour scheme on that is actually legible).

D

Deleted member 4456

It is true that you can't hear a word he says most of the time though. Seems to think mumbling anything to do with the opposition is helpful.

Have to look at the scoreboard 99% of the time to work out any substitutions (and half the time someone hasn't bothered to work out if the colour scheme on that is actually legible).
My hearing isn't great, and when I used to sit in the North Bank I could barely hear him at the best of times. The older South Bank PA system is actually slightly better but it still isn't perfect from my point of view.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok he's a good bloke and what's that got to do with price of fish so is Dave Edwards but still gets lots of stick the fact is he ain't the best of announcers end of story we had to have a stupid vote to end the goal music that was pathetic as well

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok he's a good bloke and what's that got to do with price of fish so is Dave Edwards but still gets lots of stick the fact is he ain't the best of announcers end of story we had to have a stupid vote to end the goal music that was pathetic as well

Are you at all happy with today's announcements?

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fantastic, keep it coming LD.

I look forward to seeing how this Fan Zone will work at Molineux too!

old gold barmy army

Reaction score
Mr Dalrymple. After season ticket sales close on May 31st, why for a short period why don't you sell half season tickets but let the supporter chose which 11/12 games they would like/ are able to attend. It must be frustrating for a supporter who can only make half the games and are forced to either choose first half or second half of the season and can't even get to all of those games. Sure loads of fans would sign up if they paid for half the home games and could attend all or most of those games. Just a thought.

W

WasStefan

Interesting. I assume one screen will be placed on the roof of the north bank and the other where the current tv stand is, but maybe rebuilt?

W

WasStefan

Mr Dalrymple. After season ticket sales close on May 31st, why for a short period why don't you sell half season tickets but let the supporter chose which 11/12 games they would like/ are able to attend. It must be frustrating for a supporter who can only make half the games and are forced to either choose first half or second half of the season and can't even get to all of those games. Sure loads of fans would sign up if they paid for half the home games and could attend all or most of those games. Just a thought.
Moxey did advertise a flexi ticket if you remember correctly, we sold about 12. massive failure

probably down to advertising, mind... no one knew about it

Derby Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moxey did advertise a flexi ticket if you remember correctly, we sold about 12. massive failure

Was this the Rover Ticket in 2002/03?

I had one where depending on the away following I sat in SL1 or the Bully Lower and it cost about £80.

old gold barmy army

Reaction score

Moxey could turn milk sour, I don't recall that offer being made he may well of done, my wife has had a season ticket a lot longer than me and she can't recall it either.

DEVIZESWOLVES

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Brilliant news about the PA system.
How many times had supporters brought up how poor it was in Fans parliment meetings etc? And we were always fobbed off with the same "we've had it checked out and it's fine" line, when it was blatantly obvious it wasn't!

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was this the Rover Ticket in 2002/03?

I had one where depending on the away following I sat in SL1 or the Bully Lower and it cost about £80.
The Rover ticket was fantastic to be fair. It was even cheaper than that for my son at least.

Could someone dig out the LD thread all those months ago ha ha. Some were clearly desperate for a new Moxey figure to bash. Fairplay to you Laurie, one day I will spell your surname correctly.

Back
Top Bottom