Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

New contract for Nuno.......Bostin

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd imagine Arsenal would have had quite a few managers on their list. Maybe ours was in it with many others. He could have been one of twenty.

I once read that Ferguson and Wenger would insist on being paid more than any of the players in order to maintain their authority. I would guess more managers have adopted that attitude.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Great news! Despite how good Neves, Jota, Boly were last year, still think Nuno was the most important signing we made. Great that he’s committed to the long term dream of the club. If anyone can deliver what the owners want think it’s Nuno.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let’s face it losing Nuno would be a disaster, it is great news that he is so committed to the cause. :)

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
EXCELLENT news and very pleased.

For my money he should be given a lifetime contract!

D

Deleted member 5910

so he turned down Arsenal to stay at Wolves...? :D
Can it be inferred from this that we have a better manager than the team that finished in 6th place last season (and are looking to finish higher this time)?

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now being reported on Sky Sports BREAKING NEWS ... actually mentioned it.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just love this man. There may be some hard times ahead and i just hope that sometimes fickle fans support him and his technical team come what may.Three exciting years coming up and hope that turns into six years.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lets face it,its a pay rise for promotion basically
Contracts mean little nowadays,even less for managers,they are ended "by mutual consent" every other day it seems
Just the same its a worthy reward for a great guy,lets hope he stays for another extension or three

N

nicko69

New contract? It does not tie Nuno to Wolves - just means any club (Real Madrid etc.) will have to pay Wolves more compensation if they head-hunt the manager/head coach.
Maybe Portugal might come calling one day.

W

WednesfieldWolf

If Nuno is getting £60k a week, it seems unlikely any player will be offered more than that figure - low wages by Premier standards. May explain why it hard to bring in the really big-name transfers.
In another thread, I read that Patricio was going to sign for Napoli for 40,000 euros a week before he eventually joined Wolves. If he is at Molineux for less than £40k a week, it a real steal and great bit of business.

I've read a lot of reports saying we've doubled his wages he was on at sporting. I doubt he was on 20k there

W

wolvesultra

All good but contract mean **** all in football these days really.

He'll still be gone if the ********* start getting on his/the teams back because we're not storming the division by Christmas!

S

ShropshireLad

Really pleased he's accepted the extension but am surprised that it's only for one year.

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I cant wait to experience him in the premiership. For me its his biggest test of what will he do when times get hard. I imagine fans not used to us losing or struggling will find the prospect of believing in his decisions difficult but as far as I am concerned the man could convince me to cross a motorway in rush hour and I would trust his judgement

W

WilliamWilson

Nuno tied down for decent compensation when the top clubs come calling. I imagine Cathro has been given some assurances as to succession if/ when Nuno does leave; he'll have a good teacher to pick up man management skills in the meantime.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We can do very well this season but we must get in a classy striker snd midfielder to give Nuno and co a real chance. Still not convinced that Thelwell can bring in players of the quality now needed but glad to be proven wrong.

Back
Top Bottom